Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

The physics feel incredible, really detailed and the weight transfer is spot on. The only thing that's spoiling it for me at the moment is the input lag I'm getting. I'm running @ around 90 fps but the steering doesn't feel as lively and rich as what you'd find in netKar Pro. Maybe it's something to do with my setup, but so far I don't feel as connected to the road as in nKP.

Using G27.

we have concluded it´s FPS related. I´m not alone in having this problem. There´s information on AC´s forum if you want to know more about it.

80fps simply masks the problem. 170 fps and all hell breaks loose.

it wants to do full lock while going in a straight line, automatic turn-in sometimes, and sometimes very heavy on turn-in.
Forces gets turned on and off on straights it´s all messed up quite bad.

Ah ok mate, at least you managed to identify the problem and hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Hampus Andersson We are discussing about your problem with Luca and there's an idea. Maybe something in the background takes focus of the Assetto Corsa window, provokes you spikes and makes the FF go crazy. Could you try and see if you have any background programs working and maybe try disabling one by one and see if it gets better?

Sorry for being tentative, it's a bit of trial and error until we nail this. We have the same wheel in our offices but do not have so many problems with it. Thanks for the feedback, very appreciated it.

Hampus Andersson We are discussing about your problem with Luca and there's an idea. Maybe something in the background takes focus of the Assetto Corsa window, provokes you spikes and makes the FF go crazy. Could you try and see if you have any background programs working and maybe try disabling one by one and see if it gets better?

Sorry for being tentative, it's a bit of trial and error until we nail this. We have the same wheel in our offices but do not have so many problems with it. Thanks for the feedback, very appreciated it.
Thanks for looking into it i really appreciate it, i know you are the best in the business when it comes to FFB and yesterday with 80fps i got a taste of it but wasn´t fully happy.

in my right hand bottom corner i have Numlock(on) symbol, nvidia control panel, and AVG Antivirus.

and here´s the processes running,

posted in the AC forums instead, better to keep things in one place.

Regarding of steering feedback on straight. If the suspension geometry of a car is properly designed, it should not have any bump steer while on going straights. Bump steer means that if the suspension goes up and down the wheels should not turn a tiny bit by their own.

Check it with your personal real car. Going over bumps you feel the hit, but you shouldn't feel any actual movement on the steering. This is whats happening in AC too, a proper (actually one of the best) designed front suspension geometry of the lotus elise doesn't make the steering wheel move while traveling on a bumpy track.

Is it perfect? probably not, we will keep pushing to improve, but I just wanted to explain the difference between bump steer induced FF "feel" and proper suspension geometry.

One question more regarding physics; shouldn't be lift off oversteer one of the characteristics of a car like this one? Here in AC looks like it's almost impossible to loose the rear after releasing the throttle suddenly.

The rest seems very good, specially the weight transfers :)

Yep, I agree. Everything is just perfect except that not - connected - with - the - road - feeling on the steering wheel (G27).
Are you sure we are playing the same game here? I have the same wheel and have never felt so connected to the road as with AC.

Ten different players, ten different experiences, ten different opinions. Nice eh :D

One question more regarding physics; shouldn't be lift off oversteer one of the characteristics of a car like this one? Here in AC looks like it's almost impossible to loose the rear after releasing the throttle suddenly.

The rest seems very good, specially the weight transfers :)

Well good spotted but there is an explanation.
The latests Elise are more civilised than the old S1 etc. Also this car we're simulating has the factory "option" pack with semislicks and most importantly a 25% locked differential in power and coast.
The same Lotus advices against this locked differential because as they say "it makes the car a bit understeery in turn in" and indeed I can assure you the "normal" car even with street tyres has more turn in, but it is more boring on power on, the rear inner wheel starts to spin in low speed turns like the ones of Magione and...well disappoints a bit.

You will have the opportunity to test both cars in the final release and judge and also, most importantly you will test it on some faster turns on great tracks where things can get a bit nasty... ;)

Well good spotted but there is an explanation.
The latests Elise are more civilised than the old S1 etc. Also this car we're simulating has the factory "option" pack with semislicks and most importantly a 25% locked differential in power and coast.
The same Lotus advices against this locked differential because as they say "it makes the car a bit understeery in turn in" and indeed I can assure you the "normal" car even with street tyres has more turn in, but it is more boring on power on, the rear inner wheel starts to spin in low speed turns like the ones of Magione and...well disappoints a bit.

You will have the opportunity to test both cars in the final release and judge and also, most importantly you will test it on some faster turns on great tracks where things can get a bit nasty... ;)

Ok, thanks for the reply :) Makes a lot of sense.

Regarding of steering feedback on straight. If the suspension geometry of a car is properly designed, it should not have any bump steer while on going straights. Bump steer means that if the suspension goes up and down the wheels should not turn a tiny bit by their own.

Check it with your personal real car. Going over bumps you feel the hit, but you shouldn't feel any actual movement on the steering. This is whats happening in AC too, a proper (actually one of the best) designed front suspension geometry of the lotus elise doesn't make the steering wheel move while traveling on a bumpy track.

Is it perfect? probably not, we will keep pushing to improve, but I just wanted to explain the difference between bump steer induced FF "feel" and proper suspension geometry.

One thing that comes to mind is camber thrust. If you have decent amount of camber (2-3 degrees) it should create a lateral force of around 5% of Fz when the slip angle is zero. If left and right tire load is the same they cancel out, but if one tyre hits a bump it creates difference in lateral force. That should create a moment through the mechanical trail and create a steering force? Just thinking out loud:coffee: Is camber thrust modeled in AC?

Doing some more testing today and having a blast. The ability to select apps and move them around the screen to a custom position is awesome. It's one of those small things that you never really thought about in other sims, but now that you can do this in AC, everything else is going to be a hassle. The split time box is genius too. Similar to what iracing does but much less invasive. I can set it right there in my line of site and it's noticeable but not so much that it interferes with your vision of the track. I also like how it projects what your time will be. As people in boston would say, Wicked cool.

Thanks to those that helped me find the Pro model area. Was able to give it a proper test with the aids gone :) I love the body roll of the car on the screen. You can feel it in the wheel but also see it as well. It's not so much though that you want to throw up, it's just enough to give you a visual representation of what the suspension and chassis are doing. I also love the little snap in the rear when you dont upshift smoothly.

I am not one to fall into pre release hype. It always seems a little over the top to me. I am glad however, that the hype was delivered on. This really is a gem in the world of simracing. Now i cant wait to get some cars with race liveries and race setups. Off to do some more laps :)

i love it so far, besides the menu ui/launcher issue (which i already posted in the official forum) I guess what i didn't hear quite well is the supercharger whining noise (typical of superchargers) but it's just a small detail

Edit: i can hear now it but it's i guess it should be a bit louder than the engine's sound.

Are you sure we are playing the same game here? I have the same wheel and have never felt so connected to the road as with AC.

Ten different players, ten different experiences, ten different opinions. Nice eh :D

I have tried all possible wheel setups last couple hours but still the same not connected feeling. OK, maybe I just have to use to this different feeling, but ... I don`t know ... I must do something wrong for sure :(.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back