Assetto Corsa: Steam Pre-Order Price 40-45 Euro

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep... so much discussion for a €40 game. Quite hilarious.

It shows a lot about the current mentality of the society we live in.

- People are extremely demanding and expect products to be tailored to their needs and wants (if AC doesn't do/have x, then I... )
- People expect to get things for the lowest of prices. In Holland we have a saying that those kind of people 'want to sit on the first row for a dime'. Stingy ;).

I recive almost 200 Euro/month as a van driver and i make another 200 from different sources so i live with around 400 Euro/month and my bills and Bank is around 300 Euro/month.
A game for 40-45 Euro is huge for me aswell,BUT i like it and i`ll buy it even if this means i will not pay my bills.Its the insane things that a SIM fan will do for hes hobby.:)

EDIT - this isn't aimed at you Terry (just took me ages to type it as I'm working)

Some of you seem to really be missing the point. What some (including myself) are saying is that it's at the top price point for a PC game/sim so whilst sim racers will lap it up regardless of the price, those that are not sim racers may not be so quick to jump in for a relatively unknown title. Just because you know AC and have followed the development process and are now desperate to buy it in all it's glory, does not mean everyone else has.Millions of legit gamers will not have a clue about it.
Despite the best efforts, sim racers are not actually the buying gods of the digital world :cool: so there is life outside of the sim forums and IMO it would be a shame if this title missed out on the wider appeal to 'casual'/ 'general' gamers/racers just because of the price.
I'll buy it the second pre-orders go up and I'll buy any content for it.

Perhaps the people complaining about those questioning the price should be thinking more about the long term future of AC, because from my point of view, that's all I'm thinking of :rolleyes:

If you offer AC for 20 Euros people think this is an cheap game not worth much.

You guys pay dozens amounts of 40 Eur in your Steering-Wheel/Seat (ok some) and your PC and Monitor.

Seriously who is not able to pay 40 € for an game should look for another things than PC's and better should get some food for that money or so.

And a game with that cars (Ferrari licence alone) will hit for casual players for sure.

I belive that the first wave of buyers will be mostly SIM fans who might not care about price.
After some time,2nd wave of buyers will be the curious people to try this "game" out because they afford it.
After some more time the 3rd wave of people will be those who in the end ,because of the reviews and others opinnion,decided to try it to.
And after enough time when the price will go down( like all prices) the ones that didnt had the money to buy it at the release,will have the chance with " midweek madness" or "weekend deals"
Thats how i see it.The money will come every day.

If you offer AC for 20 Euros people think this is an cheap game not worth much.

You guys pay dozens amounts of 40 Eur in your Steering-Wheel/Seat (ok some) and your PC and Monitor.

Seriously who is not able to pay 40 € for an game should look for another things than PC's and better should get some food for that money or so.

And a game with that cars (Ferrari licence alone) will hit for casual players for sure.

I wasn't talking about us (sim fans) but never mind :confused:

If the Full Game that actually offers a Lot, isn't worth 40 Euro , then pls stop SIM Racing right now.
Marcel Purschke: go make your mind up a Little. I didn't try to condemn anybody. Any further Disc. Pls via pm. Thank you.

you were talking about paying 200 €, not 40 €; and who are you to tell me to stop sim racing? lol - anyhow go on and feel free to make a generous donation to kunos

this really is a sad thread and it shows how hostile this community has become :thumbsdown:

But why bite though? Just keep clear of certain ppl and stop caring so much about what they might say/think. Sign of insecurity about youre own opinions if you ask me.

There is no need to defend youreself against a party of trolls.(not pointing any fingers)

Anyway, I for one like the convience of Steam and the price seems ok to me aswell. Glad that things are finaly moving for Kunos! :)

I belive that the first wave of buyers will be mostly SIM fans who might not care about price.
After some time,2nd wave of buyers will be the curious people to try this "game" out because they afford it.
After some more time the 3rd wave of people will be those who in the end ,because of the reviews and others opinnion,decided to try it to.
And after enough time when the price will go down( like all prices) the ones that didnt had the money to buy it at the release,will have the chance with " midweek madness" or "weekend deals"
Thats how i see it.The money will come every day.

Yep 100% spot on

Seems that some users of RD simply don't understand the nature of selling digital content on a platform like steam and that It operates very differently from 90s brick and motor distribution.

Just because a game is sold for 75% off does not devalue the product like it would do a chair or some other limited physical product , with software its a case of maximising user base , capitalising on impulse sales and capitalising on community features. This is because there is almost cost in producing additional copy of the product.

In short , Kunos are better off selling a million copies at £3 than they would be selling 50,000 at £40.

As Dainca has pointed out , they can also sell to sim fans at £35-£40 and then capitalise on casual's / on the fence users in sales at a later date , doing this is also beneficial to people who paid the larger price as they end up with more users to race against.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back