Assetto Corsa: Steam Pre-Order Price 40-45 Euro

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
I belive that the first wave of buyers will be mostly SIM fans who might not care about price.
After some time,2nd wave of buyers will be the curious people to try this "game" out because they afford it.
After some more time the 3rd wave of people will be those who in the end ,because of the reviews and others opinnion,decided to try it to.
And after enough time when the price will go down( like all prices) the ones that didnt had the money to buy it at the release,will have the chance with " midweek madness" or "weekend deals"
Thats how i see it.The money will come every day.

Nail on Head, on how it works. It's just amazing how I can be among the first wave of buyers for other AAA titles and buy the game for much less. Also I do care about price and I care about getting value for money. You seem to imply people in the first wave have money to splash around, which is not the case as people can be savvy shoppers.

Let me run through a list of AAA (multi-million for development) games I got on release and how much they cost:

Grid 2 - £18
BF3 - £22
Metro LL - £20
Arma 3 - £15
Pay Day Heist (Pre-ordered) - £13
Medal of Honor: WF - £8
Crysis 3 - £18 (I think. Definitely under twenty)

Can´t really compare racing simulations targeted to a smaller audience then the dumb arcade titles like GRID 2 or trippel A action titles that are supposed to sell in the millions. The only title you could perhaps compare to is Armed Assault 3. But that is still alpha I think so you pay to beta test ;)

Car licence fees are extra cost top of normal development costs for Kunos compared to many games and will of course affect the price of the game. Its more to fair compare AC´s price to other driving games like Iracing and rF2.

To me the price is very good and will order it as soon as its available. In my opinion those who dont buy it because of Steam or "too" high price will probably miss one of the best driving games ever.

Typically I buy new releases on pc at £30 max, though I don't buy many games from new at all thanks to steam sales. Honest I'd happily buy AC at £60 I want it that badly :p I do agree the price may alienate some of the less hardcore crowd though.

For those who blindly try to defend AC,even when it is not needing any.
Do you actually read what your fellow members of this community post?

Or you are just happy to blame them or twist their words in order to defend your favorite game that
apparently you actually never played with(at least most of you)?

steam concerns are legit, because problems exist for others.
and nobody said the price is unjustifiable for what is offered.

But it might be somewhat high if they want to target non simracing audience that might be curious about the title.

Or you are just happy to blame them or twist their words in order to defend your favorite game that

But it might be somewhat high if they want to target non simracing audience that might be curious about the title.

I don't think some people get the points being raised, hence why they selectively try to dig out flaws like where I mistakenly called WarZ DayZ lol

It's as if people here think we have high end PC's and monitors for AC alone, what a silly argument. I have a gaming PC to play quality games at a much lower price than consoles either through the Steam distribution platform or through other etailers. My PC was NOT specifically built for sim racing in mind, hence why I class myself as a casual racing enthusiast. But I am interested in AC (Played the Tech Demo) as well as PCars as they look great.

I also enjoyed RRRE but the f2p nature of it was too expensive for me hence why I never bought it too.

Very well said.

Hopefully, these "people" will keep on doing the only thing they can do (insults, flames) and get themselves permanently banned.

I don't think some people get the points being raised, hence why they selectively try to dig out flaws like where I mistakenly called WarZ DayZ lol

Well, the thing is that some elements aren't even simracers; they enter discussions (here, rF2, C.A.R.S., etc) with the intent of flaming people (their language is quite telling).

One of the consequences of their actions (insults, mockery) is that some guys with well thought opinions and known for their passion for simracing will not post here anymore. That is sad.

Nice. No one trys to blindly defend AC (we could talk about ANY good title in general here) but when I read some concerns like that game is to expensive it's a) u really have no money (then I may ask why you can afford a gamer PC) b) u are just thrifty c) u may have other problems like u don't like that game or so.

To the guys going complete opposite mind of my comments: Do you have no other arguments than "flamer ... defending that game"? Seriously? If so then it makes no sense to post here anymore for me.

Seeing people's comments about the price makes me think about this:

*spends $1500+ on a simracing rig*
*complains that a $50 game is too expensive*

:giggle:

Anyway, as all digital games go, within 6 months it should be affordable in everyone's eyes. Cannot wait for all of us to enjoy this incredible game. :D

Nice. No one trys to blindly defend AC (we could talk about ANY good title in general here) but when I read some concerns like that game is to expensive it's a) u really have no money (then I may ask why you can afford a gamer PC) b) u are just thrifty c) u may have other problems like u don't like that game or so.

To the guys going complete opposite mind of my comments: Do you have no other arguments than "flamer ... defending that game"? Seriously? If so then it makes no sense to post here anymore for me.

Can hardly follow most of your remarks, but I wonder, do you feel like it was addressed to you?

Seeing people's comments about the price makes me think about this:

*spends $1500+ on a simracing rig*
*complains that a $50 game is too expensive*

:giggle:

Anyway, as all digital games go, within 6 months it should be affordable in everyone's eyes. Cannot wait for all of us to enjoy this incredible game. :D

Kevin just about all the people that talked about the price being high, bar one or two, were simply talking from the perspective of steam and how developers of niche products can make more overall from volume of sales by having a low price. Not that they personally have an issue with a price or that they don't mind spending X amount on AC.

Some people have decided to ignore what they were saying and instead start name calling and making a drama of things you were just late to the drama party :p

As another user aptly put it
this is one of the most insane threads ive ever seen.

Kevin just about all the people that talked about the price being high, bar one or two were simply talking from the perspective of steam and how developers of niche products can make more overall from volume of sales by having a low price , not that they personally have an issue with a price or that they don't mind spending X amount on AC.

But where does this idea of 'lower price creates a higher volume = better' comes from? Where is the factual backing of this statement?

I only have seen opinions, nobody was referring to any research, marketing facts or whatsoever. In my mind those opinions are marginal at the very least.

I'm quite sure Kunos have done some research, or payed another company to do so.

The internet is full of opinions eh...

Manju, at release BF3, C3, Metro ecc. ALL had a cost of 50/60€. That you found a good offer on some semi-obscure site that gave you russian/indian keys, or waited for the price to go down that is another thing. If i went to the shop the day any of those released they would've cost me 50€+.
Anyway, we have to compare this is with iRacing and rF2. At 45€ AC gives more content, on par simulation, (not touching MP yet), better graphics. So i don't see anything strange here.

Am i the only one who thinks that STEAM and KUNOS already discussed about the marketing(price) strategy ? It's their damn platform, they have a certain interest that the game sells well, and they don't need forum experts to price their game.

Others also pointed out that Kunos can obviously sell the game initially for a normal/high retail price to capitalise on sim fans and then also at a later date do aggressive sale prices to capitalise on the digital market.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they are going to do.

But where does this idea of 'lower price creates a higher volume = better' comes from? Where is the factual backing of this statement?

I only have seen opinions, nobody was referring to any research, marketing facts or whatsoever. In my mind those opinions are marginal at the very least.

I'm quite sure Kunos have done some research, or payed another company to do so.

The internet is full of opinions eh...

I Posted ages ago linking to sources that show the effect of volume achieved from large sales with digital goods. Anyone that follows the games industry from a developer point of view would be well aware of this and how incredible the power of steam is if used right interms of generating sales / getting your game to market.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/174587/Steam_sales_How_deep_discounts_really_affect_your_games.php

http://hitboxteam.com/dustforce-sales-figures

Also the fact that 2-5 man teams can spend 2+ years making an I phone game and still sell it for £1 and that the mobile games industry is booming is also good demonstration of how digital marketplaces work. (Though mobile is again different from steam and the pc market place)

Others also pointed out that Kunos can obviously sell the game initially for a normal/high retail price to capitalise on sim fans and then also at a later date do aggressive sale prices to capitalise on the steam market and the best ways to monetise a user base that has no real interest in cars or driving simulators. ( which I suspect is what they will do)

The success of Train simulator on steam is also a good example of a company that properly utilized steam to its benefit despite its product being very niche.

In the end Kunos are obviously going to know all of this anyway , I'm not sure why such a fuss is being made.

Manju, at release BF3, C3, Metro ecc. ALL had a cost of 50/60€. That you found a good offer on some semi-obscure site that gave you russian/indian keys, or waited for the price to go down that is another thing. If i went to the shop the day any of those released they would've cost me 50€+.
Anyway, we have to compare this is with iRacing and rF2. At 45€ AC gives more content, on par simulation, (not touching MP yet), better graphics. So i don't see anything strange here.

Am i the only one who thinks that STEAM and KUNOS already discussed about the marketing(price) strategy ? It's their damn platform, they have a certain interest that the game sells well, and they don't need forum experts to price their game.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they are going to do.

I wouldn't call UK r/etailers semi-obscure (Amazon, Argos, GMG, Gamefly, Game, Simply Games etc). I do however buy via proxy's if the game is cheaper compared to release day UK Steam/Origin prices. Which gamer in their right mind wouldn't?

PC gamers have been treated to alternative distributions for purchasing games. Games which they were sitting on the fence with if they are cheaper they will take a punt and buy even if it is a game they don't know much about. This doesn't necessarily have to stem from a Steam sale, months after a game's release.

As I said before I'm not a sim enthusiast like the majority on this forum, I wish Kunos all the success with the game but as the current price point stands I will wait for it to come down in price or be available elsewhere. If and when I do buy AC if it ticks all the right boxes Kunos will have gained a fan and a supporter, so I'll buy any DLC add-ons.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.4%