Assetto Corsa: Steam Pre-Order Price 40-45 Euro

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
The guys at Kunos are all idiots and you're a genious, of course. I'm sure they don't want to end up like your shop did and that they priced the game accordingly to the market demand.

wow...what is wrong with you?
Have you never had an opinion and discussed a topic on a forum before.
I will put it easy for you to understand:-
I DONT HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE PRICE. I WILL BUY IT. MOST HERE WILL BUY IT
BUT PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT SIM RACERS MAY NOT TAKE A CHANCE AT £40 AS IT IS TOO HIGH FOR A DIGITAL PC GAME.
THIS IS MY OPINION AS I HAVE STATED..
IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU

..and I still have my shop in case you also misunderstood that as well ;) Infact I am behind the counter right now showing people your mature replies :D

Please tell me any other business, real or virtual, where you purchase something and subject yourself to a contract that can be changed by one side only, anytime they like, with the threat of you losing everything you paid for. This is an absolutly unique hostage-taking og paying customers.

Well iRacing is kinda like that, isn't it?

i wonder if by pre ordering it via steam it's you get the same as pre order in some other way, what do you get, a keycode? if so, will it be work with a non steam version?
I just want to pre order for the "old fashion" ACsetup.exe so i can keep it and install it any time i want and in my both rigs, (of course, after buying 2 licenses if it's required)
it's not that i don't like steam, i'm just no familiarized with it and don't want to if not needed.

Please tell me any other business, real or virtual, where you purchase something and subject yourself to a contract that can be changed by one side only, anytime they like, with the threat of you losing everything you paid for. This is an absolutly unique hostage-taking og paying customers.

Well iRacing is kinda like that, isn't it?
iRacing is being paid as monthly subscription (if I'm not mistaken?) and is a bit like some MMO game, in that it's all online. In that case the online infrastructure is required and makes sense. It also makes sense that if you chancel your subscription you lose access to the game.

But for offline games which are billed as one-time purchase, an agreement that they can remove you from access to your games to me is a completley different thing.

BUT PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT SIM RACERS MAY NOT TAKE A CHANCE AT £40 AS IT IS TOO HIGH FOR A DIGITAL PC GAME.

..and I still have my shop in case you also misunderstood that as well ;) Infact I am behind the counter right now showing people your mature replies :D

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-get-back-to-work-24.png

calling-bullshit.gif

You were pretty sure it would sell 3 times more, now it's "may not take a chance" ? No the price is not too high, you're just wrong. Pretty sure they don't just pull out a number of their ass when trying to sell a game BUT do a market research and also try to cover the costs. Lowering the price to 25€ won't make it sell a lot more, is that clear enough for you or do i have to WRITE IT LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD ?

What do other digital simulations cost Steve? Can you cite some rekevant comparisons?

Personally I don't think it matters if you're talking about simulators or AAA games. £29.99 is a pretty standard price point at launch for a lot of AAA digital PC games and sims. Of course there will always be some that are more.
My personal view is that Kunos managing to get on Steam is an opportunity to grab more than just Kunos fans. Surely that's their aim otherwise they'd just stay with digital downloads from their site. At this price they stand to be at the top price point and run the risk of not gaining new customers. I don't know the sales numbers they expect but surely selling 20,000 at £29.99 is better than 10,000 to hardcore fans at £40
They've already confirmed there will be DLC so there's good opportunity for continuing to generate revenue and again, it would be better to sell a DLC pack in the future to 20,000 customers than the 10,000 (of which maybe 5,000 are only interested in the MOD side of it).
As a retailer, this is a similar reason why shops never really have console games at the £50 RRP, and haven't done for many years, better to sell 100 at £40 than 10 at £50 and then have to drop the price to £30 when it gets discounted.
There are already sim fans on other forums that have said they will wait for it to hit £30 or less, I genuinely believe this is what most expected it to launch at.

i wonder if by pre ordering it via steam it's you get the same as pre order in some other way, what do you get, a keycode? if so, will it be work with a non steam version?
I just want to pre order for the "old fashion" ACsetup.exe so i can keep it and install it any time i want and in my both rigs, (of course, after buying 2 licenses if it's required)
it's not that i don't like steam, i'm just no familiarized with it and don't want to if not needed.

You can play the game on both pc's, you just have to log into your account.

You were pretty sure it would sell 3 times more, now it's "may not take a chance" ? No the price is not too high, you're just wrong. Pretty sure they don't just pull out a number of their ass when trying to sell a game BUT do a market research and also try to cover the costs. Lowering the price to 25€ won't make it sell a lot more, is that clear enough for you or do i have to WRITE IT LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD ?

This is what I wrote:-

I want them to sell 3 times as many copies at a lower price that will bring in more money

I don't remember saying anything about 25 euros

I guess you're probably in the middle of having your period so I wont waste any further replies on you :rolleyes:

Anyone that knows how steam works will know that kunos can

1) sell the game at launch for say £35 and most simracers will buy it

2) 8 months down the line do a sale price for £15 and they will get a huge number of steam sales of people that would not normally buy a driving simulator.

Train simulator is probably the most analogous game on steam they have made an absolute killing by capitalising on aggressive steam sales , I'm sure a rep at valve will have explained how it works or kunos already know the nature of steam. Indi developers tend to have a good grasp of these sorts of things.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/174587/Steam_sales_How_deep_discounts_really_affect_your_games.php

http://hitboxteam.com/dustforce-sales-figures

The thing with steam is that they easily have over 800,000 users that would part with £3 for a game like AC
so say you sell 30,000 copies at £35 that's 1,005,000 . Say you sell 800,000 at £3 that's 2,400,000.

I'm assuming Kunos would want or need to make at least 5,000,000 for the game to be worth while financially , if they play steam right though I don't see why they would not surpass that.

I don't remember saying anything about 25 euro

Wait, wait...so you're making yourself look like an idiot for a difference in price of *5€ ? Do you think that's what will bring hundreds of thousands more gamers into buying this title ? You realize that the full price of the game will last maybe 3-4 months and then it will go down ?

* (40€-30£)

i agree with Bram - assetto corsa is not even out yet and some of you are already creating ill feelings, one can only hope that you (yes those who start arguments here) will play only a minor part of the future assetto corsa community; don't make me draw parallel lines to other racing game communities, please :(

live and let live

Problem is, Marcel, the discussion was interesting until someone started getting personal with "the problem is you not steam".

From that onwards, all it took was 2 or 3 posters calling others "arsehole", "idiots", etc, to bring the level of discussion crashing down.

Just check who used words like "paranoia", "idiots", "arsehole" and the like and you get the culprit of this sad business. Insults should never have a place in these discussions. If these posters can't bring themselves to be civil, polite, intelligent, then this community should not tolerate them any more (all the more obvious considering previous behaviour). Curiously, all the offenders are on one camp only.

Back on topic, though:

in all certainty, Kunos & Co. have weighed the pros versus the cons in adhering to Steam. I wonder, however, how their product will be viewed if Steam updates or newer versions of the platform bring serious problems to users.

Because, at the end of the day, people tolerate Steam in spite of many problems because they have to. As soon as something better comes along, we will see what happens to all this absurd allegiance to Steam, and it's devs (and users) who will bear the consequences.

Steam prices have always been expensive, even more than a physical copy.

As there is no incentive to go with a physical copy (AC collectors editions haven't been mentioned yet.) I do hope that digital keys will be sold at GMG, which we all know are around £10 cheaper than Steam and if a cheaper pre-order price is available then I'll bite at it with a smile on my face.

As Kunos is a tiny studio I hope whoever is responsible for marketing is striking deals with etailers (Game, Simply CD Keys, GMG, Gamefly, etc) and supplying them with Steam Keys. (I'm from the UK and these are the major contenders, I have no idea who are in your regions.)

The only time I buy from Steam is when there is a Steam Sale and even then prices have been cheaper throughout the year from GMG.

I guess the question is now is will this be a Steam-works game? If it is then I'll buy it cheaper digitally from elsewhere and redeem it on-line. In addition to this are Kunos having talks with those etailers I mentioned above which appeal to millions of PC gamers.

Also, the price won't be a moot point for most of the Sim enthusiasts here who have been religiously following this game, it's more of the Casual crowd who will be reluctant to buy as the game isn't well established or even heard of.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%