Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

After a groundbreaking start on Steam Early Access for the new PC racing title Assetto Corsa. The development team have been working furiously on the delivering next release which is available for free for current owners of the Steam game.

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

So what should I expect to run this with my one GTX660 and triple screen?

I'm running in triples on a 6970m 1gb (equivalent to a 6850 or 6870 desktop variant). My settings are in the 3rd post on the thread. Getting 60 which is capped and its clear there is a lot of optimisation to do yet as some of the settings when going from off even to low are having a negative effect to fps which is way out of proportion to the norm. Cockpit views are also draining fps for me on some cars so there is room to tweak yet. Grab the fps app if you haven't already.

Its only 0.20 and its already like butter. iRacing must be getting worried by now & RRE have just announced a sale. I wonder why :)

Great update, thank you!
Love the new sounds and additional feedback effect over the kerbs.
The ghost that makes itself discreet when sharing the same space is brilliant.
Racing that P4/5 will be a blast when AI is available.
Another great week end driving AC right ahead. I feel sorry for anyone interested in SIM not doing AC at this point.

I'm running in triples on a 6970m 1gb (equivalent to a 6850 or 6870 desktop variant). My settings are in the 3rd post on the thread. Getting 60 which is capped and its clear there is a lot of optimisation to do yet as some of the settings when going from off even to low are having a negative effect to fps which is way out of proportion to the norm. Cockpit views are also draining fps for me on some cars so there is room to tweak yet. Grab the fps app if you haven't already.

Its only 0.20 and its already like butter. iRacing must be getting worried by now & RRE have just announced a sale. I wonder why :)

Low settings doesn't mean what you think...ac looks better on low than just about anything out there looks on high. True Story.

Yes should of added it still looks awesome.
Really? I got a twitch lol I will try and check out some screenshots on different settings before I decide to get it and cheers for the info>

It's just standalone Python, like at a commandline you go
> python kn5_extract.py ferrari_458.kn5
And it gives you a folder full of the images. (there's other info in the kn5 it can't extract cause I don't know the format - material definitions, models, etc. are all inside it)

Nice. I would like to see that if Kunos doesn't mind.

Just tried the Zonda at Magione. Its very...eh...Italian isn't it. Stylish, beautiful...and likely to off like a bomb at the slightest touch :). Seriously what was the design criteria for this thing. Its like a WMD with a brake pedal.

At least I can finally say i got the T500RS and Buttkicker to kick back in sync. Sadly I'd taken my eye off the road (for 1 second) to grab my cup of (fairly lukewarm) tea and just as I went to sip I hit the verge = 1 hand on vibrating wheel + bowel shaking feedback from a BK = choking idiot Irishman drowned in Indias finest flying towards a wall a 180kph. :redface:

Don't drink and drive kids.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back