Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

After a groundbreaking start on Steam Early Access for the new PC racing title Assetto Corsa. The development team have been working furiously on the delivering next release which is available for free for current owners of the Steam game.

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

i am out, going into town on some party and already jealous of everyone driving this mods 3-4 hours before i do! :D cannot wait!

A few things;

- The P4/5 seems to have infinite front grip, and even with TC off I can plant the throttle at any time and not spin...?

- Mugello is awesome, i'm in love.

- The Zonda handles pretty well and kinda how I would expect.

- The sounds of both the P4/5 and Zonda I think still need some work.

- The kerbs on Mugello don't seem bright enough, the colour pallet seems rather dull.

- I like the improved ghost car behavior (vanishing as it comes close).

- Have the Ferrari 458 External sounds changed? Not sure...

- The rubber / racing line no longer builds up?

So what are your initial impressions from the update?

I was quite curious about the Zonda R, because I trust kunos physics more than any other game/sim. I was surprised how planted the car is even in quite low speed and high revs. Hard to spin it out even then and without TC. Maybe it's the setup though.

The new lotus feels really fun to drive.

The P4/5 got a little lost for me atm because it felt as the middle car of them in a way I guess. Increasing the front wing 1 click and decreasing rear wing made it have some impressive handling in corners, made it more fun to drive too.

FFB got messed up for me with default settings.
Ended up with this after some testing: (G27)
Gain: 100
Filter: 0
Damping: 0
Kerb effects: 60
Road effects: 40
Slip effects: 75
Even though this feels ok with most cars, in the formula abarth in high speed it gets rattly still, even just going straight. Perhaps the devs need to dial this in individually for each car. And maybe lowering the massive increase in slip or road effects in high speed, because it gets way too hard on my wheel.
What settings did you guys end up with?

The sound improvements, I cant really notice in the old cars. Is it better? I dont think the sound is generally bad, mostly the Formula Abarth where it's hard to hear a clear enough difference in low revs vs rev limit.

The opacity of the ghost car is perfect now. Seem to get barely visible the closer you are to it, so it doesnt distract you like before.

How do you change FFB for each car?

Is each wheel getting defaults? Or are they generic for all controllers?

KS really need to give us per-controller defaults.

I'm happy there are more controls but this stuff ISN'T preference, it's a function of the real cars suspension, tyres and steering rack. Nothing more, nothing less.

Make it feel how YOU want it to feel KS, and I'll run with it.

If I don't like it then I can change it, but at least tell me how YOU want it to feel on a G25!

Sigh.

There are per wheel defaults.

Pro Tip: Look before you post.

Secondly, this stuff IS preference. The same settings can feel different even on two wheels of the same make. My brother and i both have DFGT's, but we need slightly different FFB levels to get the same effect.

Wow Whippy, You going for troll of the year or are you actually griping about things without even checking first....there are two G25 pre-sets..one with H-pattern and one without. If you don't like the way it feels than slide to 0 the kerb effect, road effect, and slide effect; this will give you the feeling like it was before the update.

Letting users make liveries isn't their priority I think, they'll release modding tools once they're ready to support user mods.

Including templates with every car would have added megabytes to the download (18 cars x 5MB if they're like the Elise = 90MB; but the 458's main skin is 11MB which would make it near 200MB), which would make most users unhappy to satisfy the small minority who want to make skins.

I could post a python script to extract the .kn5 where the default texture's kept, but I'm not sure how much use that would be compared with letting Kunos release their own tools that actually understand the format properly.

Is the script for blender or something else?

Thanks.

" That Zonda feels terrible on my CSR Wheel like a Bag of Marbles no Control what so ever But what do I know I am a BOOB;) "

hee man ,im a big fan of your mods and youtube channel ,so please direct your irritations to the ones that start picking on you
and yes im glad i dont have that CSR,still happy driving with the good old logitech ,the dinosaur o wheels and rocksolid.

that Zonda was **** and understeer,,until i put those winglevels up to 14 and it was a lightweight fast responding car and no longer nervous and instabil

Is the script for blender or something else?

Thanks.
It's just standalone Python, like at a commandline you go
> python kn5_extract.py ferrari_458.kn5
And it gives you a folder full of the images. (there's other info in the kn5 it can't extract cause I don't know the format - material definitions, models, etc. are all inside it)
LNCDGvz.jpg

A few things;

- The P4/5 seems to have infinite front grip, and even with TC off I can plant the throttle at any time and not spin...?

I just drifted it at Silverstone... you won't do this with car with infinite grip, don't you?
Additionally Aris said that 2011 revision of P4/5 was very underpowered... and I have to admit that I really like it.
I thought it will be another boring, generic racecar... but it's great! And gives a lot of fun.
I'm very surpried... in a positive way with P4/5

I like the added feedback effects but I had to turn them right down to about 20%. Wheel vibrates horribly by default but they're very good at a subtle setting.

Mugello looks fantastic as do the new cars. New Lotus is a bit dull, again very easy to just mash the throttle with little consequence. This isn't the case with the Zonda though, wow what a beast.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back