Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

After a groundbreaking start on Steam Early Access for the new PC racing title Assetto Corsa. The development team have been working furiously on the delivering next release which is available for free for current owners of the Steam game.

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Enjoy the triple screen replay of the fantastic Lotus 2 Eleven @ Mugelllo! No ABS-TC
So strange with all those mirrors.

It takes me back to the 1960's Mods & Rockers, here's a Mod :-

motor-scooters-misc-mods-wing-mirrors.jpg

:D

Anyone else think the Lotus 2 Eleven in cockpit view seems almost like its been pasted in. Maybe its just at low settings but it doesn't seem to blend in with the outside world somehow.

And yes I know its yellow on green and grey so its about as blended-in spec-ops as Graham Norton on acid in a dress at a funeral but something doesn't look right about it (not that I think Graham Norton on acid in a dress at a funeral is right in case your wondering).

I may be an idiot with this but just graphcs testing. I was in the pits at Silverstone in the Lotus 49. 6pm, 40fps approx (32-38 on track, 30 at start finish straight) with AF x4, no AA, no FXAA.

Changed to no AF, no AA x6 FXAA. Now i'm getting 60fps (framerate limited) all the way around the track until the finish straight where it only dips to 55fps with world detail on medium. :) Thats on triples 5760x1200 on a 1gb 6970m mobile card. Sweet.

Anyone experienced similar or care to test with their system.

Last edited:
I'm noticing a theme on this site and pc gaming in general that people are pretty keen on fps./ Higher is better? apparently, your eyes can only see up to 60fps so it;s fine getting 10 zillion fps but it won;t make any difference to what your eyes can focus on.

At first, the update to the M3 E92, I was intimidated. A bit different. But after a few minutes, I found it to be even more realistic. Very nice. (this was when I tried drift mode with the standard version)
P4/5, doesn't seem totally right. I went flying through mugello as nasty and reckless as possible, and it just won't spin. idk, it's like traction control and a half. Even so, it looks great and real in replays, so i guess maybe this car is that capable...Good sound, cool look, the gear changes in this car are wonderfully perfect, imo.

Zonda....oh Zonda....what a sound, internally. Beast. At first I thought the car was a little easy, too forgiving, but everytime I thought that, I'd spin violently at a moment's notice. Love.

I will edit a spot for the 2-eleven. Haven't gotten to it yet, but I predict this car will feel overall the most real.

Mugello needs a face lift, not quite as detailed, idk. Doesn't look bad, just not quite a good.
Drift track is excellent. Love it. Love all the chicanes and corridor corners and all of it. Great LFS feel to it. This is a great thing too, definitely adds that diversity.

I noticed many graphical issues with shadows now, LOD distance with shadows was not stable for me. There were parts of Imola that I spun, and face the wall as I slid. The shadow had two different looks, one blurry and low res, and right next to it, was a cutoff of high res shadows. Very odd. Running fast in any car, shadows ahead of me seem much lower res now. Maybe just gotta find the better setting.
Settings max, cubes per frame @3, and FSAA at 4x (still don't trust reg AA yet) 5760x1080. The previous build ran marginally faster in game. Could be wrong though, didn't test enough to really tell. Still, It felt MUCH MUCH more stable overall.

FFB feels pretty great honestly. A bit rocky though. There was a couple moments where my g27 really made some noise. Must tweak a bit. I guess this isn't a bad thing with new effects, which are nice. I'm not much of a FFB guru, but it still feels pretty good.
Also, is there FFB for engine revving? anyone notice? 'cause it felt like that to me, even if very slight.

Sigh.

There are per wheel defaults.

Pro Tip: Look before you post.

Secondly, this stuff IS preference. The same settings can feel different even on two wheels of the same make. My brother and i both have DFGT's, but we need slightly different FFB levels to get the same effect.

Ah sorry.

You have to remember my AC seems to not want to load, then it fixed itself, and now it's not loading again.

So I'm just interpreting other people's feedback which was probably an unreliable way to go.

Glad that they have added defaults for specific wheels then... then offered ability to tune from that point to preference.

At least I can get a rough idea of what feels right and what KS want me to feel through my wheel.

As per wheel variances, that is interesting. It'd be interesting to do a calibration set up with a weight hanging off the wheel or something so you could set the forces exactly and extrapolate from there to all the other settings. Hmmmm.

Thanks

Dave

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%