Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo Coming As Part Of New Esport Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In yet more Assetto Corsa news, Italian giants Ferrari have announced a new Esport series that will include the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo as exclusive content for participants.
  • Ferrari Hublot Esports Series debuts September.
  • The Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo will be a series exclusive new car.
  • Categories for PRO and AM drivers.
In a special press announcement earlier today, featuring lead Ferrari Formula One driver Charles Leclerc, the iconic Ferrari brand have announced their next official venture into the world of esport racing. The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is set to debut over the course of the coming months, beginning this September, with pre-entries opening on August 7th for European residents over 18-years of age.

Want to know what Leclerc and co have to say about the new series? Check out the announcement conference below:

What makes this series particularly interesting, aside from the fact it involves one of the most storied names in motorsport, is the fact that the new category has elected to pair up with the original Assetto Corsa simulation, which has opened up the opportunity for the series to bring the Ferrari 488 challenge Evo car into the title - adding a free piece of content available exclusively to drivers who take part in the qualification process.

ferrari 5.jpg

ferrari 2.jpg

As the new championship is set to be split between PRO (invitational drivers) and AM (qualified drivers), the 12 fastest drivers in each category to emerge from the four October races will go forward to the finals in November when the overall winner will be decided over three races.

In terms of prizes, Ferrari plan to award the overall champion a place in the Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports team, alongside the reigning F1 Esports Drivers’ Champion, David Tonizza, and established esport star Enzo Bonito - with coaching and advice provided to the drivers during the season from Charles Leclerc.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

ferrai 3.jpg
ferrari 1.jpg

I beg your pardon, but: ...wut?
View attachment 399435View attachment 399436

Other than position, flame presets and backfire trigger conditions are exactly the same as on the 488 GT3.
I've been testing the car after the last update (Aug 18) and I don't see any exhaust flames.

Then I have tested other cars and see the exhaust flames correctly.

Do I have to activate any graphic options to see them in the 488 Challenge Evo? I will also test the 488 GT3.

I don't remember anything that is needed to be turned on. Just start on drag 2000m (or endless floor test track), acelerate until 3rd gear, let it hit the limiter for a tiny bit, and suddenly release accelerator while braking violently to a stop, You're likely to see flames.

If it fails, try it again, or restart to do the same up to 4th gear. On real racing conditions it's more likely to happen during a lap, just not as often as on a old race car.

If you keep accelerating and then strongly braking on 2nd gear, you'll also see small flames.

Last edited:
I just tried AC again. In the 488 GT3 I see the exhaust flames. But in the 488 Challenge Evo I have seen a single exhaust flare and then watching the replay, sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't.

I'll do a file integrity check on steam, maybe there is something wrong with my 488 Challenge Evo files.

Thanks and regards.

I just tried AC again. In the 488 GT3 I see the exhaust flames. But in the 488 Challenge Evo I have seen a single exhaust flare and then watching the replay, sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't.

I'll do a file integrity check on steam, maybe there is something wrong with my 488 Challenge Evo files.

Thanks and regards.
Np. Could be a matter of luck, as afaik both cars are quite similar, unless I'm missing something. It might need a couple of retries when starting from cold (or certainly a better technique to get them quickly :) ) , but they seem to work. (clip)

I've switched back and forth to the 488 GT3, and the behavior seems similar after shortening its gears. For both, right after a cold start it seems easier to trigger them when violently braking after reaching 4th gear redline than in 3rd. I wouldn't worry much about it, these aren't afterburning group 4/5 cars.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Is this car available for the rest of the AC users, not in EU and not participating in the challenge, which I believe over already anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t understand why people had such difficulty getting the car, I had no issues signing up and getting it through steam. No, they don’t ask for a passport number lol
Because its a temporary thing that required you to have a discord account and join their group, some people might not have want to do that.

Is this car available for the rest of the AC users, not in EU and not participating in the challenge, which I believe over already anyway.
Apparently not. You could get a friend to give you the files to use the car but i dont think they would get updated and i dont think you could be able to play online.

• Deleted member 197115

It was for EU citizens only, can't sign if you are in US, plus it's over already you can't sign up anymore.
Was hoping Kunos releases it to the rest after the challenge is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. It's a ton of fun to drive hard. It's extremely detailed and is even better with CSP's addons. And you can easily add tuning options if you know what you're doing in the data file.

• Deleted member 197115

Just DM if you haven't gotten it yet.

You're not missing out on much...
Thanks, was able to get it. Yep, nice model but physics is Forza level, super grippy, no joy ride.
ACC version drives completely different.
Well, at least it looks nice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back