Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo Coming As Part Of New Esport Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In yet more Assetto Corsa news, Italian giants Ferrari have announced a new Esport series that will include the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo as exclusive content for participants.
  • Ferrari Hublot Esports Series debuts September.
  • The Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo will be a series exclusive new car.
  • Categories for PRO and AM drivers.
In a special press announcement earlier today, featuring lead Ferrari Formula One driver Charles Leclerc, the iconic Ferrari brand have announced their next official venture into the world of esport racing. The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is set to debut over the course of the coming months, beginning this September, with pre-entries opening on August 7th for European residents over 18-years of age.

Want to know what Leclerc and co have to say about the new series? Check out the announcement conference below:

What makes this series particularly interesting, aside from the fact it involves one of the most storied names in motorsport, is the fact that the new category has elected to pair up with the original Assetto Corsa simulation, which has opened up the opportunity for the series to bring the Ferrari 488 challenge Evo car into the title - adding a free piece of content available exclusively to drivers who take part in the qualification process.

ferrari 5.jpg

ferrari 2.jpg

As the new championship is set to be split between PRO (invitational drivers) and AM (qualified drivers), the 12 fastest drivers in each category to emerge from the four October races will go forward to the finals in November when the overall winner will be decided over three races.

In terms of prizes, Ferrari plan to award the overall champion a place in the Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports team, alongside the reigning F1 Esports Drivers’ Champion, David Tonizza, and established esport star Enzo Bonito - with coaching and advice provided to the drivers during the season from Charles Leclerc.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

ferrai 3.jpg
ferrari 1.jpg

Lol, I was only halfway serious about that. It would be cool if they released it to the public after the event, or at least made it available via payment.
Well, even dallara didn't make their car available. And small companies are usually pretty loose about that kind of stuff.

So, chances of making this car available later on is pretty slim.

Real car at the road is understandable or public track day.

For private race or official sport, it's way lower than 18 years old. I think Nascar start at 14 years old.
Imagine a minor get hurt driving the real car.
First not he but his parents will have to sign a contract that they are resposible for any harm done to him. Than imagine the bad publicity it would bring to the brand.

Last edited:
got the email I few minutes ago and completed the registration just now.

good news for some of us: the competition is open to European countries, also those outside European Union, this is the official list of countries:

TERRITORY
Albania - Andorra - Armenia - Austria - Azerbaijan - Belgium - Bosnia and Herzegovina - Bulgaria - Croatia - Cyprus - Czech Republic - Denmark - Estonia - Finland - France - Georgia - Germany - Greece - Hungary - Iceland - Ireland - Italy - Latvia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macedonia - Malta - Moldova - Republic ofMonaco - Montenegro - Netherlands - Norway - Poland - Portugal - Romania - Russian Federation - San Marino - Serbia - Slovakia - Slovenia - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom

where is the this car downloadable?
Register for the event. Confirm your email etc. You should get the car as private DLC starting from 2020-08-07 - 18:00 directly to your steam account in the email confirming your registration. If you do not have Steam, just create a Steam account and add your installation of AC as an external game. (Can someone confirm this is working this way, please).
Although the car is available from 18:00, it can take 24 hours for it to appear for you from that time the email to arrive. If you register before the final registration date (some time in September) you must give it 24 hours after registration for the car to appear. If you register after the closing date in September, you won't get the car.

Last edited:
Seems a few people didn't get the email with the STEAM code yet. I got mine earlier but someone I know hasn't had any response yet so i'm just trying to find out how many people are still waiting if possible.

Seems a few people didn't get the email with the STEAM code yet. I got mine earlier but someone I know hasn't had any response yet so i'm just trying to find out how many people are still waiting if possible.
The Steam code was in the registration confirmation email, and the car is available by now. I'd like to add that the mail went straight to my spam folder, so maybe check that. Downloading the car atm.

I got it
In Gmail you may have to go down to "More>Spam" to find the email
I am using an American Steam account, and it seems to have worked.
I did use a VPN at the time of registration, but not after that first process.
I doubt that the VPN was needed, as it asked for country, I chose one form the list of acceptable countries.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back