Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring Nordschleife Dream Pack.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has officially released the 1.1 update along with the long-awaited Dream Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa.

The 1.1 update weights, rather fittingly, 1.1GB, and brings several improvements to one of the most popular simulators around.

The press release lists, most notably, improvements to the graphics department (particularly in terms of optimization and post-processing effects) and to the game's AI.

SEE ALSO: Buy an Assetto Corsa Steam Key for only 34,99 Euros

Furthermore, the update brings a flag and rules system and new overcast weather conditions.
You can check out the full changelog for the 1.1 update right here:

Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
  • Added ai-hints
  • New penalty system
  • Added Kick Quorum to the server
  • Fixed sound pops and clicks for some cars engines
  • Fixed traction control sound events
  • Fixed Tatuus FA01 limiter sound
  • Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
  • Launcher: more graceful handling of missing/problematic content
  • Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
  • Fixed blank resolution box
  • Fixed missing sound events
  • Fixed crashes volume
  • Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
  • Higher exterior volume for surround speaker configurations
  • Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimizations
  • Particle rendering optimiziations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.13
  • Updated Fmod SDK project (minor envelopment improvements)
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count
  • automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if
  • damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first
  • checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Update 1: First community made screenshots and videos are already uploaded to our media gallery here.

Well, the Ring is absolutely amazing to me. The bumps and undulations are there... but its not just that, they feel authentic. There is nothing that just throws the cars, just the kind of rough surface you would think would be allowable on a race track. I just love it to bits. I LOVE that in the tourist mode you can drive off into the parking lot area... that just makes it. Go park, then drive around the lot to the track entrance.... WOO! it just feels so legit!

My only question would be... does anyone feel like you can post up some questionably quick lap times? I haven't lapped enough in other cars such as the Zonda R to see what times i can get vs the real life counterparts real world lap record, but just wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing? Maybe I just need to try a few more cars... I'll double check records again, as i just quickly blitzed through them with the limited time i had yesterday.

For me this new Nords looks like old GTR2 VLN Tourist version or kind of familiar. Note that I didn't tested snoopy's version before that new one. Snoopy's version is definitely different but GTR2 and GTR Evo is just like this. if somebody could create comparison video to check if it's the same...
You're just being ridiculous now Kimmo, I played a lot of Snoopies but never played GTR2, snoopies version is very, very close considering how it was put together but once you drive the kunos ring there's a never ending list of differences. Some corners are faster, some are slower, the bumps aren't as severe as snoopies, some corners seem longer and it was catching me out constantly yesterday.

At this stage it seems like you have a bee in bonnet about AC, you're nitpicking and coming out with complaints that only you experience. You keep comparing different versions of the same track and wondering why their similar, it's just bizarre at this stage.

My only question would be... does anyone feel like you can post up some questionably quick lap times? I haven't lapped enough in other cars such as the Zonda R to see what times i can get vs the real life counterparts real world lap record, but just wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing? Maybe I just need to try a few more cars... I'll double check records again, as i just quickly blitzed through them with the limited time i had yesterday.
Set track grip to "Slow"

I got a 6:41 with the Zonda R during a Race yesterday and in a car worth 2 Million you will be more patient than in a digital one.

But mostly the lap times seems to be to fast in real life, like one example i just posted: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...dschleife-released.102209/page-7#post-1954846

There´s another one. Uwe Alzen made a 6:38 during a race in a Z4 GT3. One comment passing Fuchsröhre was, that the car was hitting 273 Km/h on the lowest part. I tried it with the Snoopy one. The max speed in Fuchsröhe in the AC-Z4 is only 261 Km/h with low or full aero.

I think, fastest lap in a VLN-Race last year was a 8:08 in an Audi R8. Somebody can do that in another GT3?:whistling:

I think, doping isn´t just good for athletic sports:speechless:

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately, it's been labelled as the "final" AI... Could that mean they're going to stop working on the AI now and focus on other things? I had one stupid move made on me, but they do have much more predictable behaviour in general.

I'm really loving this new update.

I know the rating says friendly, but I want it to say Love :D
The starts are better, however, the AI are still dumb. They will still spin you in corners....A Lot. They still sometimes don't know you're alongside them. Only the starts are marginally better. That could just be placebo.If they are done with the AI, then I am truly disappointed. Well, with that and the fact that I can't drive a single mod! I paid to gain cars and loose cars and get placebo'd AI. Great! This could have come with a warning. There is absolutely no way Kunos could not have known the update was borked. Anything to the contrary would be a lie.
I'm not a fan of R3E's business plan, but the game does work.

Swagg

The starts are better, however, the AI are still dumb. They will still spin you in corners....A Lot. They still sometimes don't know you're alongside them. Only the starts are marginally better. That could just be placebo.If they are done with the AI, then I am truly disappointed. Well, with that and the fact that I can't drive a single mod! I paid to gain cars and loose cars and get placebo'd AI. Great! This could have come with a warning. There is absolutely no way Kunos could not have known the update was borked. Anything to the contrary would be a lie.

Swagg
I am done with AC for the time being. I had high hopes, the fan boys are all erect with excitement that we have a new track and cars but don't seem to take into account all the issues in 1.1 like getting AC to run, exiting AC, running mods, GFX issues, AI issues. Cant start a race like a proper car etc etc. It's going to take ages for this to iron it self out.

Somehow the paid content has borked the game more than any crappy mod/conversion go figure that one out.

That's look so easy in the video...but is not.:mad:

No, it doesn´t look easy. It´s really on the edge of possible speed, but it´s clearly faster than a Z4 GT3 can go in AC and if the cars are not as fast as in real races, Kunos should make an update with new performance stages like they did with other cars. When i want to drive a GT3-car, i want at least to have a chance to get as fast as Alzen:rolleyes:

Swagg

To be honest, I ALWAYS hate AI for the reason that I've highlighted in bold. I have noticed that they do tend to give you a LITTLE more room on the track, but it's marginal like you said. This is why I rarely ever race in a sim, I always hotlap/practice. Nobody can do AI properly! I would like to see the AI "check their mirrors" on the straights and make allowances.

I'd also like to see them ease off when I'm overtaking them. There has been many times I've gone for the overtake but they just kept on full power, even though I was clearly faster than them. They're either ruining my race pace or ruining my car!

There is a MAJOR bug with the new Nordschleife.

If you run off the track, or go Back to Pits and then rejoin the circuit, it then will not accept that you have started a new lap when you cross the startline. you then have to do a whole new lap without running off track at all before it will reset the laptimes. This is extremely frustrating, as you will find that if you crash and have to return to the pits, you have to do 2 whole laps before the clock will reset, which is extremely annoying on a circuit as long as this.

This is a major issue which needs to be fixed ASAP, as it will make racing impossible. All you guys who've been on the 24/7 server will know what I'm on about.

I am done with AC for the time being. I had high hopes, the fan boys are all erect with excitement that we have a new track and cars but don't seem to take into account all the issues in 1.1 like getting AC to run, exiting AC, running mods, GFX issues, AI issues. Cant start a race like a proper car etc etc. It's going to take ages for this to iron it self out.

Somehow the paid content has borked the game more than any crappy mod/conversion go figure that one out.

I understand your personal frustration, but you shouldn't present your issues as universal issues. 'You' are suffering from some very frustrating bugs, but almost all other users are not suffering from the same issues.

I for one just downloaded the new patch+content, started AC and could drive straightaway, without any problem whatsoever. Even better, my 2009 hardware can run the ring online with 60 fps. Frankly, I'm amazed by how they once again improved AC.

Only issue I can relate to is that ACS.exe doesn't close after exiting the game. I hope they patch that soon. Other than that, I believe you should start troubleshooting on the official forum. Because boy, once it works for you. you will enjoy the hell out of it :)

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately, it's been labelled as the "final" AI... Could that mean they're going to stop working on the AI now and focus on other things? I had one stupid move made on me, but they do have much more predictable behaviour in general.

I'm really loving this new update.

I know the rating says friendly, but I want it to say Love :D

Humm I think Stefano knows that the AI still needs work specially in overtaking moves.

Yesterday I have done a 3 lap race with 3 AI cars (@100%) in the Alfa GTA at the Nordschleif layout (that's an awesome combo BTW I suggest everyone to give it a try). I have started slowly to see how they behave. When I was behind them I notice they were not smooth enough to handle the Alfa properly. Then I start to push harder and pass all of them, all went well.

I decided to lift the throttle and let them pass and I notice they didn't do it, always staying in my rear. I realize that when I have the car in the middle of the race line they never pass me whatever speed I was at. I got a little off the race line and they immediately pass me..... Very strange.

That's how the AI behaves right now. Stefano might need to find a way to make them overtake off the race line and be more aggressive on overtaking moves.

I don't think AC will be a final version until they decide to release AC 2 in 5 or 6 years time. I think they'll always be improving things.

I had some errors after the patch, game kept crashing before I even got to loading a track, went on the official forum, saw I needed to delete mod cars, which I'm fine with and half expect seeing as mods where allowed pretty early in development. By rights they probably should have held off on mods until after 1.1 but they probably didn't know what kind of problems they'd encounter. But then we would have missed out on some great mods.

After I fixed the crashing I got a render error, saw graphics settings had been lost, reset them, game worked better than ever. Took less than 10 minutes. No big deal.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.