Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring Nordschleife Dream Pack.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has officially released the 1.1 update along with the long-awaited Dream Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa.

The 1.1 update weights, rather fittingly, 1.1GB, and brings several improvements to one of the most popular simulators around.

The press release lists, most notably, improvements to the graphics department (particularly in terms of optimization and post-processing effects) and to the game's AI.

SEE ALSO: Buy an Assetto Corsa Steam Key for only 34,99 Euros

Furthermore, the update brings a flag and rules system and new overcast weather conditions.
You can check out the full changelog for the 1.1 update right here:

Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
  • Added ai-hints
  • New penalty system
  • Added Kick Quorum to the server
  • Fixed sound pops and clicks for some cars engines
  • Fixed traction control sound events
  • Fixed Tatuus FA01 limiter sound
  • Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
  • Launcher: more graceful handling of missing/problematic content
  • Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
  • Fixed blank resolution box
  • Fixed missing sound events
  • Fixed crashes volume
  • Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
  • Higher exterior volume for surround speaker configurations
  • Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimizations
  • Particle rendering optimiziations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.13
  • Updated Fmod SDK project (minor envelopment improvements)
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count
  • automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if
  • damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first
  • checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Update 1: First community made screenshots and videos are already uploaded to our media gallery here.

• Deleted member 151827

I can't get my graphics to look like they did before. Seem washed out! So far post processing effects being off looks best. Any settings or ideas? Thanks

Wow, my experience is opposite as GFX quality. Finally Anisotropic filter work and the track white lines are visible and overall everything is crisper. Fps are finally back as it was at half EA days, before I was getting a max 55% of gpu usage and a drop on frame, now on a grid of 24 cars (all GT3, GT2, P4/5, KTM and Lotus 2/11 GT4) was maxing out the vRam at 3005Mb and getting a solid 61 fps and a usage of 88/90% on the grid and no hiccup on heavy smoke.
GTX 780 @1080p and i7 4770k @4.2

The Nordschleife is amazing, finally as i have seen in the many on board. The cars are all amazing, the NISMO was a nice surprise, Alfa 155 is really good, didn't tried the Mercedes, Sauber Mercedes-Benz C9 is mental :) the GTA is a funny little bas**R :) Corvette is my love and the two McLaren are wonderful.
A special mention to the 4C when I first tried at touristenfarten, the sound of the car when accelerating out of the box into the road was really a pleasure to hear, using the cluth it seamed like a real car. Best sound of the pack. The C7.R is identical in the downshift, but it lacks the deep sound when on throttle.

I am pretty happy! Thank you Kunos!
Now I only "need" a DW12 :)

Last edited:
Ok so after finally making myself stop driving around the C7 I have managed to do some runs with all cars in the Dream Pack. So here are my thoughts on the cars for what I have driven so far on the Tourist and Endurance track setups. These are just my views so far with the way they handled for me. Others may have different reviews.

Alfa Romeo 4C
Not a bad little car as long as to quote: "You drive it like a street car". If you try to take a corner with any speed in or out the back end just lets go.

Alfa Romeo GTA
Ok this little car was a hell of a lot of fun to drive and not all that hard to control. I don't think we could have a race in these as I found once I started driving it I just wanted to see what it took to make it let go which I'm sure would make for some chaos on track.

Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6
What a fun car to drive. Feels really locked to the track and you can go in pretty deep on braking with it. I imagine alot of this is do to the 4WD. Good consistant fun car on this circuit.

BMW M235i Racing
I have to admit I had a lot of fun driving this car around without even touching it. Its got a bit of a roll so you have to watch it but handles really well. All while I was running this car I had a permanent smile listening to it cough on every upshift then **** everything out once you let off the peddle. Just damn fun.

Corvette C7R GTE
Spent most of the day running in this car. I love the sound and once you soften up the suspension its a nice drive. I highly recomend driving it atleast once with soft suspension and headphones :)

McLaren F1 GTR
Before anything else realize that I have my G27 set up with shifter enabled so if a car requires clutch and shifter to drive then I'm forced to drive it that way. That said MANUAL CLUTCH, NO ****ING PADDLE SHIFTERS what the hell. I think if it had auto clutch and paddles it would be alot of fun to drive but as it stands now. I'll stick with the 12C thanks.

McLaren P1
Another with no paddle shift but is rather fun to drive. Back end is very loose and not very forgiving no matter how soon you catch it which makes you pay close attention.

**Just a note, they didn't handle like I would have thought but the McLaren certainly does sound amazing.

Mercedes-Benz C9 LM
Did a couple laps but you need to have a soft peddle foot. It was almost like driving the V8's but with the tires lighting up even on shift into third if your not careful. Once your up to speed (AND YOU GO FAST) you can really notice the down force. Not really a fun car with so many tight turns but sure on another track would be great fun.

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 EVO II
Not one of the fastest cars but can certainly hold its own on this track. I ran this car in the Forza series and its pretty much the same car. Little different handling then in Forza (Duh!!!) but all in all the same car and a good car for learning tracks in.

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3
You definately know you are driving a race car. It handles the way you would expect going right where you want it to go smoothly and with out alot of effort. Simply an outstanding handling car.

As for the track. AMAZING, the bumps, undulation, just the entire track is amazing to drive.

I am a bit sad now :(
Almost tried everything yesterday but the game won´t start. It gets a launcher error. Tried re install it and verify game cache. Deleting the my documents folder. Nothing works. No mods or addons installed. Anybody have some ideas?

I think this may be some dumb questions, but I couldnt find the information anywhere.

Now there are flag rules, in particular yellow and blue ones?
It is automatic during a race, or I have to activate an specific App for it?

I use the Feritto live tracker...but after the update the size of the app on the screen is too big, and I dont know how to resize it...if this is possible at all.
Cant use it like that.

I am a bit sad now :(
Almost tried everything yesterday but the game won´t start. It gets a launcher error. Tried re install it and verify game cache. Deleting the my documents folder. Nothing works. No mods or addons installed. Anybody have some ideas?
I have the same issue, AC has worked fine from initial early access release various mods and tweeks. But it is totally broken for me now sometimes on startup sometimes on exiting. :mad:

What makes it worse is this paid content by the developers that has broken it yet all the mods I have installed even the crappy ones worked fine. I am totally cheesed off.

Thanks to @Adrian Herrera and @Radu Oros for trying to help, oh no that's right they just disagreed with me that it was broken. Thanks for the input chaps.

I am at work now so i cant test it but i have read somewhere that it might help to reinstall the graphic driver. Have you tried that? I am running on a GTX780. But your games start? Mine does not even start up. The box with "An unforseen event caused the Assetto Corsa Launcher to retire from the race. A memory dump and log file have been generated".... etc... :(

I am at work now so i cant test it but i have read somewhere that it might help to reinstall the graphic driver. Have you tried that? I am running on a GTX780. But your games start? Mine does not even start up. The box with "An unforseen event caused the Assetto Corsa Launcher to retire from the race. A memory dump and log file have been generated".... etc... :(
Yeah I am at work as well. I have the latest nvidia drivers. I dont really run into problems on my PC as I keep it pretty well maintained. Everything thing else runs fine on it and I am loathe to mess anything else up for the sake of one game. I may just have to accept defeat for the time being until they fix it. Although in a reality a refund should not be out of the question.

So after a quick check on the official forums it looks like they are working on a fix for the crashes. In the meantime I now have a clean install with no progress, settings controllers etc ( I do have a back up of the important stuff). I had high hopes for Kunos when I bought the early access when it first came out, but successive updates are going in the wrong direction for me. Things seem to be getting worse not better. Eyecandy seems to be the main objective not what is important.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/launcher-crashed-after-exit.21630/

I am just annoyed at myself for buying the paid content. I could of spent 10 euro's on some beers and had a good night last night.

And the fact that modded content is now borked is basically a FU to modders, not the for the first time either.

I have to write my remark about 4C and AC's realism.

The gearbox in this car when going on full throttle, max rpms, isn't really great.
I'm pretty dissapointed with it. But....
But... that is the thing that makes me feel again that AC is indeed very special sim.
Because in reality 4C's automated gearbox also isn't very good. In every review of 4C with paddleshifts I read or watched the reviewers concluded they would rather go for manual.
And after pushing 4C through some corners and straights I also thought 'it would be so much better with the manual...'.
And that's amazing part about AC. It simulates the real thing - with all of its pros and cons.

Great job Kunos. Once again.

EDIT: just to say - I have no problems with the mods or anything else. Everything works perfectly well.
Only the dails after lighting up (like in 4C or Merc 190) gets some low-quality feeling. That's the only flaw I discovered. But I love anyway the fact that the dails backlight is working in DLC's cars. Time to give this feature to the rest of standard cars (and KUNOS! Please correct this damned 1M speedometer! :mad: It's EURO version of the car... why it's got speedo from US version???)

Last edited:
Only things I have seen so far that is not working is the rear wing animation on the P1, it does not move on multiplayer. Only if you watch your own car in chase mode you can see it moving but not on your opponents car.

Other than that there has been no real issues so far, update went fine and the modded track I tried in MP worked, have not tested any modded cars yet though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%