Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Thx admins to give us a new episode of this ridiculous "Sims War" :poop:.
Great that you blame the admins for it. As its indeed our staff constantly debating the pro's and con's here for pages and pages. How about you just ignore the thread if you can't stand it?

This is a forum and it's used for public discussion of a specific topic. The moment people voice another opinion than yours you can have your say on the matter, or just let it be.

As long as members debate within the forum rules there is no reason to ban people as some might seem to think. If people overstep the mark, like you just did with your post btw, users can report the content by clicking the report button, located under each post, and a staff member will have a look at it and take action accordingly when necessary.

Great forum that would be where everybody with a different opinion would be banned from the discussion. The internet already has plenty enough of places where power-hungry moderators and admins need to show their masculinity.

Our forum has a great ignore option, so you can mask messages of certain users. If you can't stand their opinion simply ignore them and move on.

Yet another thread about AC here at RD and again the same bunch of trolls, highjacking and destroying topic with the same orchestred whining.
Thx admins to give us a new episode of this ridiculous "Sims War" :poop:.
Trolls and flamebaiters are a necessary evil online unfortunately. They drive traffic because they get under people's skin and drive up the response rates and traffic in general. More clicks = more site revenue etc. That's how it works and it's not going to change. As long as no one is swearing and/or telling outright falsehoods it's fine with me. Besides, if there were no trolls, every thread would be one or two pages of "great sim" and "I love you guys" and it would be boring as hell:confused:

Hi guys! Have you guys tried the no Oficial AC Servers with Minorating? They are amazing!
We'll, I'll go back to play. Already spent too much time here ( about 5 minutes) hope to see you guys on the track!
Cheers!
I was thinking of opening a separate thread on this. I know Minorating isn't as necessary on racedepartment because we basically have administered races, but it would be nice for us to be building up a minorating in the background.

I'm really surprised that in the last two years RD hasn't implemented their own safety rating type system; I guess when people pay you to race in your private servers it isn't smart to turn them away. (unless you don't agree with what they say in your forums, then it is fine. Right Bram?)

I'm really surprised that in the last two years RD hasn't implemented their own safety rating type system; I guess when people pay you to race in your private servers it isn't smart to turn them away. (unless you don't agree with what they say in your forums, then it is fine. Right Bram?)
You don't help yourself, do you?

You sure spend a lot of time here (almost 2000 posts) considering you hate this place so much.

We aren't going to ban you just because we disagree with something. For example your post: I disagree with it, but we're not going to ban you simply because you hold the opinion that we are "money grabbin' fools", despite the fact that you're profoundly wrong.

Sure, I think it's unnecessarily inflammatory but it's your opinion. However if you break our rules then we'll happily ban you to kingdom come :)

Last edited:
I'm really surprised that in the last two years RD hasn't implemented their own safety rating type system
Can you explain why we need a safety rating please?

Personally I see no reason why we should use it in our clubs personally as incidents can be reported to the staff, who will then review them personally. In the last year we have only had to suspend five drivers for 30 days each because of a breach of our very simple to follow golden rule. Seeing that we do multiple races every day, seven days per week, 365 days a year, that's a pretty wicked number that not automatically demands a safety rating system imo.

In combination with some kind of point ranking system it would be very nice, but our clubs are a casual racing ground without the pressure of scoring points. For leagues it's another story, they are all about the points of course.

• Deleted member 130869

Kunos have 3month exactly ... and they need mage huge improvment more than everest improvment ...
Assetto missing lot of basic features 1st one and huge truble in my opinion .... Static Time in MP ... playing endurance race for 2+hrs and time is still 15.00 ... and lord cat kunos say ... they nothing promiess it will be work WTF he sad ? im expecting this work as basic thing ..... and if AC dont will be have engine stall / starter , and brakes temps , Lunch Control button , ECU Maping engine (f1 style) .... and last and most important ... AC dont have TIRE APP ? it must be made by 3th party no official app ... well when 22april come and there nothing big improvment in gameplay and only more content adds ..im relly book flight ticket to italy and made terminator come to vallelunga guys ... KUNOS guys pls .dont take siesta and work harder ... reality will strike you very very hard ... eaven more critical than u expect ... im personaly play only AC but wtih this progres and style content adds im really thinkg about paying iracing + basic jetta tdi cup (cant wait for R18 TDI in AC) but ... till than im disgusted from Hotlaping 24/7

A bigger issue will be the bare bones core game and content. The track list is depressing, plus the stupid online community fragmentation with the cash-hungry DLC is not going to go down well. If only they would care.

• Deleted member 151827

Is a better career mode planned for the consoles? If not AC may not get far with console users! I think most of them including me like a comprehensive career mode that AC does not currently have.

Hopefully they pay attention for few specific things on graphical side; white lines and track surface. Those two things are guite horrible in PS4's Project Cars. White lines are fuzzy and they detoriate even more only little bit ahead of you.

I almost can't drive ie Nords in PS4's pCars 'cause of that, 50" screen(tv) and driving seat 1.5m ahead of it, you see imperfections so easily. Forza 6 doesn't have that problem, it has sharp white lines and track surface in general look better.

edit. And of course its really important that also in console versions there are proper adjustable ffb-settings, onboard-viewpoint settings and wide support for different wheels(those things are in pCars console versions so there's no reason to not use them in other titles).

Last edited:
What wheel are you using m8? Because though the physics are still in development (rFactor has been out for so much longer anyway, not really a fair comparison), the cars drive intuitively in AC...Driving experience? Either you have a motion rig...or you are feeling nuances in your wheel the rest of us aren't.

TBH, rFactor2 FFB is dead and dull to me. No questioning the math behind the sim, but this is why AC is so popular: Ferrari license, very skilled FFB tuning.
The wheel I use is a G27. Even had to add some filtering and minimum force in the settings.
Well, rF2 was indeed much longer in development, yes. But why the comparison should necessarily be 'fair' to be legit in this case? I'm not trying to find out who made the biggest progress recently (and even then it would depend). I just take the simulators we have available at the moment and choose the one I prefer using the most. If LFS would be the one, I'd have chosen LFS. But it was mostly abandoned long ago by Scawen, so the sim got eventually surpassed.

Motion rigs? They are useless. Even wheels have enough lag already. No need to introduce even more of it into the system. Not to mention the problem of recreating sustained gs in a motion rig.
No, I don't need a motion rig. rF2 gives me plenty of feedback by itself. So much in fact, it's scary. I think I was even able to isolate the chassis flex. Need to edit the car to make it perfectly rigid to see if that was the reason.

"Dead and dull"? You can't be serious. If any title out there has a proper FFB that can translate what the suspension is doing, among other things, it's rFactor 2. Also you can really feel the interaction between the front wheel and the kerb once in contact. I kept asking myself if it was just generated and not physically acted upon, because it is that immersive. Like VR for your hands.

As for why AC is so popular. Well, that's a no-brainer: a lot of content, modern graphics and easy modability. Easy enough for literally anyone to try and make a mod of their own. Laser scanning is also a huge plus, of course.
Bring other parts of rFactor 2 up to modern standards (contents, sound, graphics) and it will be an instant hit.

I honestly can't believe some people find these both sims to be similar in handling and feedback. Maybe on a better wheel AC starts to behave differently? Or could it be rF2's FFB becomes much more generic on less supported (and more expensive) wheels?

The wheel I use is a G27. Even had to add some filtering and minimum force in the settings.
I honestly can't believe some people find these both sims to be similar in handling and feedback. Maybe on a better wheel AC starts to behave differently? Or could it be rF2's FFB becomes much more generic on less supported (and more expensive) wheels?
If it may help, I use a G27 too.
With this wheel I suggest to set force at 100% and 0 both filter and minimum force, because they heavily adulterate the response for the G27. Then apply the appropriate in game scale, depending on the car, in order to avoid clipping.
With this settings, apart the genetic central dead zone, I have a very clear and responsive FFB, both with AC and rF2.

P.S. In the Logitech profiler I set overall force at 107% and all other sliders are 0, allowing the games to adapt settings.

If it may help, I use a G27 too.
With this wheel I suggest to set force at 100% and 0 both filter and minimum force, because they heavily adulterate the response for the G27. Then apply the appropriate in game scale, depending on the car, in order to avoid clipping.
With this settings, apart the genetic central dead zone, I have a very clear and responsive FFB, both with AC and rF2.

P.S. In the Logitech profiler I set overall force at 107% and all other sliders are 0, allowing the games to adapt settings.
You could look at G27 as at a pair of cheap in-ear headphones. It's almost impossible to expect anything good of it without modifying the output in one way or the other.
I tried changing many things, tried different approaches... But in the end I left the rF2 settings close to the default ones. For AC low gain works the best for me though (canned effects off). The FFB is clear and responsive, yes. But it doesn't tell much about what's going on with the car. It feels 'rubbery'. I like the feeling. I don't like the fact that I can't really feel the front wheels. Whatever the FFB settings are. I could feel more in rF1 with the RealFeel plugin...

Did anyone mention that 3 DLC packs that we paid for on PC are free on consoles?
When you bought the game there was a set fix list of content in the base game. Maybe DLC didn't even exist at that time, when you purchased it. You can't fairly expect all future content to be given to you for free.
I think is the right move to include all content in the console version, and from that point on, any dlc made will be paid both by pc and console users. Would be a bad move to strip down the game on console in base game and 3 dlcs, because this content is already made, but when AC on PC got released there was no dlc, only the content in the base game.

The more people that suck up and exhibit a minor form of Stockholm Syndrome, the more it hurts sim racing.
Your level of hypocrisy has just shot through the ionosphere and is heading out for deep space.
Your blog has potentially done more damage to sim racing in a few short months than any 'fanboy' could achieve in a life time. Something I'm sure you're very aware of and proud of; all in the name of ad-clicks.
Perhaps you aren't aware that simracing is a very niche market. It looks like you are doing your best to keep it that way.

Of course this is just my opinion and we're all entitled to one.

The only problem with Assetto Corsa is that interface is simple enough and content is cheap enough that stupid kids can access it, this is basically the only reason there's so much nonsense and whining in the community.

Instead of this trash shoveling why don't people share info cherry picked or rumored from resources they know so we can have a better picture of what is to come. Or at least stay on topic.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.