Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Still a money milk, regardless of how much it is, without the PC sales, console versions wouldn't be in development, a scam is a scam.
May I remind you that you've agreed to our Terms of Service when you signed up here. When you are speaking of scams you might want re-read this phrase a little more closely.

You agree to not use this service to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws.

Either come up with some facts that back up your claim or reconsider rephrasing next time you want to use such strong wordings.

• Deleted member 151827

Where has the mechanical grip gone in this game?! I don't see this game going over well with casual console gamers with the handling physics so messed up!

Where has the mechanical grip gone in this game?! I don't see this game going over well with casual console gamers with the handling physics so messed up!
I dare say the majority of PC simracers think of AC's stability control as the devils work. Certainly the majority of online servers have it disabled and grip levels are usually set to less than 100% and some even have TC and ABS disabled on cars that have it IRL.
There are a few things that can be enabled to allow for an 'easier' drive for the casual console user, so long as they're aware of them. It really shouldn't be a problem.

From my recent experience, most of the cars don't seem to be able to keep their tires in the desired temperature range (much lower) which results in less mechanical grip. Hopefully this is fixed before the console release, or much sooner.

I dare say the majority of PC simracers think of AC's stability control as the devils work. Certainly the majority of online servers have it disabled and grip levels are usually set to less than 100% and some even have TC and ABS disabled on cars that have it IRL.
There are a few things that can be enabled to allow for an 'easier' drive for the casual console user, so long as they're aware of them. It really shouldn't be a problem.

Since there won't be any cross-platform racing, consoler servers will be setup by console users so they'll likely be setup in a way that's console-friendly. I'm sure stability control will still be disallowed more than it is allowed though as that seems to be the norm among sim racers.

• Deleted member 151827

I have to admit. I just took the new amg gt3 around Imola and it felt REALLY good. Maybe it's just that i hate the street cars.. Lol. To much tire squealing for my taste.

I'm really surprised that in the last two years RD hasn't implemented their own safety rating type system; I guess when people pay you to race in your private servers it isn't smart to turn them away. (unless you don't agree with what they say in your forums, then it is fine. Right Bram?)

I thought you hated rating systems? Now you want them implemented at RD which you hate?

What a world.

depreciation-a reduction in the value of an asset over time

Still doesnt change the fact that PC users are the reason Kunos still exists, yet our reward is console users get all content neatly packaged for one price :)

Still doesnt change the fact that PC users are the reason Kunos still exists, yet our reward is console users get all content neatly packaged for one price :)
PC users also get the all content neatly packed in one price. Check steam store.
Only that you expect receiving all future content for free because you paid for early access in 2014, you're a bit out of reality.

It's pretty safe to say pc version hasn't been given special treatment in terms of pricing, but why should it? beats me that one - other than the difference of a price of a CD +box.

Especially when you consider most of us spent a couple thousand dollars on the rest of our sim toys, seems silly to get bent out of shape because some people got a game for $10 less. :roflmao:

Yeah, you shouldn't do that anymore; it really isn't working out very well for you. (safety rating system is not the same as stats tracking performance rating)

Congrats on becoming the new Associator though.

PC users can also get AC for up to 75% off during Steam sales; wonder if you will shed a tear for the poor console owners when that happens.

Would safety rating not be tracking/rating your safe driving performance?

If you and the Italian devs you skype every day think I'm the new Associator I'm flattered. I'm really not too interested in my internet reputation in Vallugna is.

Percent off is not the point. It's the principle. PC users financed the whole deal, and we sit here with a product that in many aspects does not function as advertised. Or according to the devs what my fantasy of what a sim is apparently.

The RD open letter rings true still. I didn't agree with it initially because I thought it would be all sorted out by now. But here we are.

Last edited:
Percent off is not the point. It's the principle. PC users financed the whole deal, and we sit here with a product that in many aspects does not function as advertised. Or according to the devs what my fantasy of what a sim is apparently.

I would presume that the money made from console sales will in turn help further development on the PC side. So it could be said that future improvements/content will be at least partially financed by console users and should help transform AC into our fantasy sim faster than if there was no money from console players.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%