Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Could you give me a link to the source of that? I searched though the official forum but can't find Stefano saying console release will give 3DP's for free. Thanks.
Don't have a link handy but - does anyone actually think the current AC dlc content will not be included in the base console version? That would be crazy.

Don't have a link handy but - does anyone actually think the current AC dlc content will not be included in the base console version? That would be crazy.
The console UI walkthrough videos show the dlc content directly in the car selection menu. So we assumed-confirmed that's how is going to be. Other news we've read so far also show indications all the content will be in the base game for consoles. Imo that makes the most sense. Except that there's a pre-order bonus of 3 cars. Maybe those will be released for them later, but if you pre-order you get to use (at least sooner) the r8 v10, corvette c7, ferrari 488 gtb. For PC, we already have the R8 in game and we know the corvette will be free update too. About the ferrari we don't know anything yet. Probably later on around console release date.

• Deleted member 130869

Given the wording of all press releases, it would be absurd to not include DLC, at least 1 and 2. That thing will sell for $59.99 and is not up to par vs the existing console racer competition of Driveclub, Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, in single and multi player experience. The licenses aren't a huge boost for AC anymore, Ferraris are available out there along some other nifty machinery.

Plus with pieced DLC, Kunos will murder the console multi player world too. It's like they are making too much money without understand a couple of key concepts. Remember their decision and explaining to throw Early Access into the Steam sale just some weeks after the beta dropped for us to support?

That thing will sell for $59.99
To clarify the price of console version now on Amazon is $49.99 for both Xbox One and PS4. I've been reading people saying $59.99 everywhere and I don't know why.
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Assetto-Corsa-PlayStation-4/dp/B013XBAPFC/

In comparison, on Steam the current full price of AC is $44.99, AC+DP123 is $59.99.
Historical low on Steam is AC $24.99, and AC+DP123 is $45.49.

Even if the console version is sold without DLC, I don't think it is a really bad cash grab.

Did anyone mention that 3 DLC packs that we paid for on PC are free on consoles?

I paid about $50 for AC and 3 DLC packs. Anticipated price of the console version is about $50. I'm no maths expert, but it seems to me they're getting the same amount of content that I have for the same price I paid. Certainly not something worth being upset about, unless of course I was just looking for any reason to be upset about something.

That depends how you calculate. I paid 35 euros for the early access I believe plus 3 DLC's.

E35,00 + 15,00 + 10,00 + 10,00 = E 70,00.

So compared to myself the console guys get their game content for a whole lot less.

Don't get me wrong, 70 bucks is still a bargain for our awesome hobby but I am getting increasingly annoyed by the fact that Steam prices change and fluctuate faster than an average simracer changes underwear. It can't be that we had to pay a full price for an unfinished early access bet game while a week or two weeks after release the price was cut in half. That is disrespectful to all of those simracers that have backed the project in the early days. Most likely to blame Valve.

If they manage to keep the total content under a E100 over the course of a few years, then I paid the same as for all RACE 07 games and expansions which gave me 9 years of online racing pleasure. AC is still a long way off in terms of online enjoyment compared to the latter title but I still have hope that missing features will be added sooner or later. If not the game will go into my collection as an unfinished product.

Still barely touch AC compared to other sim titles on the market because of the lack of online racing features that have been industry standards for the last 15 years.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back