Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Nice job jumping to conclusions Eduard/Antonio, not sure why you people have such negative outlooks. We will continue to get updates, new features and so on. There are several reasons why we cant have that UI, its way to huge a change to make when 200k people are used it now, addons have been made like rsr leaderboard, and the console UI isnt compatible with the python app setup that we have atm (99% sure i read that or heard that in stream), so just bin RSR live timing, helicorsa, all the other nice apps because you guys want the new UI? Id like the new UI too and would sacrifice the above for it, but there are tons of users who absolutely dont want it for the above reasons, and they are right to leave it as is.

Of course they could revamp the current UI/apps and make them look like the console ones without upsetting too many people, but im surprised anyone even cares, thought you guys were hardore sim fans with all the criticim of physics issues and so on, yet now you are getting upset about flashy looking speedo's? Just seems like looking for something to complain about...

The console version is a separate product, they are not obliged to backport things designed for the console just because its "new", they designed one ui for pc and one for console and are right to stick by that. of course improvements are welcome, but you are talking (or trolling) about fundamental changes which are not practical in the slightest. Still, all good print screen fodder for PRC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will there be UDP support on Consoles for companion apps like on pCars?
thats a good question, probably worth asking on the official forum though

It is very sad to see that people now are complaining about UI and apps design since it is completely moddable and efficient the way it is currently on PC.

Pcars UI is a lot more complicated to use than AC IMO, I hope the console UI stays there.

I hope those driving car X in track Y threads become a trend and we start to discuss how we actually drive on driving games more often...

Looks like consoles version will get a nice, modern and refreshing in-game UI with nice apps and fonts. While PC users who supported the game even in early access and buying all the DLCs will stay with the current ugly apps and arial 12 fonts taking "advantage" of the mouse for their pit stops.

I guess it's time to say PC version is far from their priorities, unlike they claimed, consoles is their new and only target. Enjoy.

Mamma mia!

I guess it's time to say PC version is far from their priorities, unlike they claimed, consoles is their new and only target. Enjoy.

I have been following these threads silently but I'm gonna chime in now because it baffles me how people find the way to interpret literally anything in a negative way, with this sentence being the pinnacle of deliberately jumping to conclusions without taking into consideration how game development works, design choices are made or even common sense.

The console version required a new UI because the PC version's UI could not be ported, and it also had to be redesigned and built from scatch to work well with controllers. Arguably it also happens to be a bit more coherent design-wise but why would it automatically mean that the dev team is suddenly ignoring PC users just because they managed to came up with something that looks better years after the original PC UI was developed based on a completely different approach? The redesign was something that was required to have the game on the consoles, not something the dev team did during siesta-time to please the console audience and p*** off PC users.

As for the in-game apps and HUD, the PC version was designed to be customizable and mod-friendly, this approach is not viable on the consoles so obviously a new design had to be made that works for most users.

Also Stefano has also pointed out various times now that the in-game mouse and controller functionalities are something that will be worked on, especially as they are essential for VR.

Last edited:
Of course they could revamp the current UI/apps and make them look like the console ones without upsetting too many people, but im surprised anyone even cares, thought you guys were hardore sim fans with all the criticim of physics issues and so on, yet now you are getting upset about flashy looking speedo's? Just seems like looking for something to complain about...

So you decide what can people complain about now? Because it's a simulator people can't comment about other things? What kind of logic is that? :O_o:

Mamma mia!
Most likely he will get screenshot and put up on the blog, and interpreted by the author as the gospel truth.

It just doesn't make sense for someone to demand to receive the same GUI and other gimmicks from consoles with the excuse that we supported the game since early access.
When you bought it in E.A, you were already informed of what the released game will be like, how is gonna look, all content included in the base game.
Is the same story when I see people complain that PC users had to buy dreampacks for more content but console is getting all in the base game. But those pc users forget that when they bought the game a year ago they knew what it's going to be inside. That doesn't give them the right as free access to future content produced by the company. So I think the subject ends there.

So you decide what can people complain about now? Because it's a simulator people can't comment about other things? What kind of logic is that? :O_o:
Lol complain all you like it just seems very childish especially when you look at the situation rationally as @Gergo Panker has coherently done.

And also austin has kindly proved the point that such complaints without any rationale are just fuel for pretend news :thumbsup:

Obviously a lost cause trying to reason with such people, but its Friday at work and not much else going on :)

On forum official -> Casillo -> " No revisited Career for users PC"

View attachment 118728

Sigh.

I remember back when they first announced this console release and said new UI and career both coming for consoles and PC as well.
While PC development pretty much stalled other than DLC release, I was ok with that knowing that we at least had those to look forward to with the console release.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Lol complain all you like it just seems very childish especially when you look at the situation rationally as @Gergo Panker has coherently done.

And also austin has kindly proved the point that such complaints without any rationale are just fuel for pretend news :thumbsup:

Obviously a lost cause trying to reason with such people, but its Friday at work and not much else going on :)

That is totally irrelevant with what I said. Rationally speaking we are all gamers, so why can't people talk about other things that are not linked with the simulation aspect?

That is totally irrelevant with what I said. Rationally speaking we are all gamers, so why can't people talk about other things that are not linked with the simulation aspect?
lol dont know why you are fixating on one part of my post which is aimed at Eduard who has decided that no console UI = they dont care about pc anymore and console is their new and only target which is obviously pure bs. I never said we cant talk about it, but statements such as Eduards are just nonsense and my point is that he has invented a reality for the sake of slamming kunos. it has nothing to do with the UI, the point would stand if his complaint was that console gets PS4 controller support and PC version only has xbox controller support, therefore they dont care about pc anymore.

His post is the only logic...

edit:
and for people upset about console getting new career and pc users not:
stefano: "as far as I know.. it's pretty much the same."

Lord Kunos said:
as far as I know.. it's pretty much the same.

IMO the current one is a <snip> and will be very poorly received on console, but if there is little or no difference between them, its possible improvements to one platform will affect the other. as there are still 3 months to go and its not the biggest task for them to improve it so we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember stefano saying in one of his streams a while ago that the PC version will get the new UI that the console is getting.

lol dont know why you are fixating on one part of my post which is aimed at Eduard who has decided that no console UI = they dont care about pc anymore and console is their new and only target which is obviously pure bs. I never said we cant talk about it, but statements such as Eduards are just nonsense and my point is that he has invented a reality for the sake of slamming kunos. it has nothing to do with the UI, the point would stand if his complaint was that console gets PS4 controller support and PC version only has xbox controller support, therefore they dont care about pc anymore.

I know it's hard to face this downsights on PC development due to consoles but this is just another piece of the cake that adds up. First they said we would get a new and polished UI as consoles will, and then they say not anymore, while physics are forgotten and most of the issues lie there with no one taking care about. Consoles development is affecting PC version, it's not their priority anymore and there is plenty of reasons to support that.

As I said many times this is just a business, they already made their cut on PC and now it's the turn for consoles. It's legit but not so fair for those who supported AC since the beginning.

I know it's hard to face this downsights on PC development due to consoles but this is just another piece of the cake that adds up. First they said we would get a new and polished UI as consoles will, and then they say not anymore, while physics are forgotten and most of the issues lie there with no one taking care about. Consoles development is affecting PC version, it's not their priority anymore and there is plenty of reasons to support that.

As I said many times this is just a business, they already made their cut on PC and now it's the turn for consoles. It's legit but not so fair for those who supported AC since the beginning.
something stefano mutters in a stream != confirmed new UI.
I agree physics issues (that i dont understand like you may) dont seem to get much attention, but I think they are more likely to if the guys reporting them would make individual threads for the issues rather than making a post inside a 60 page thread which has been derailed numerous times with other unrelated topics.

of course console development has affected pc version, but hardly in such a negative way as you describe. we have had several patches since it started, 1.5 is in beta atm, and its not stopping there... look at stefanos recent posts and he has mentioned he still wants to do some form of championship as it wont be too difficult, and said that d pad support is to be looked at, as it is needed for VR too. and support for oculus cv1 is also in development despite what pretend news sites like to report. he also mentioned brake temp code has been worked on.

also there has been a HUGE level of polish to all of the cars, and the tracks are being done too... cant imagine they would have done this if not for having to bring them up to "next gen console" standards
and thats just the stuff I know about from reading the forums, im sure theres plenty more behind the scenes, so really, is there any need for your conclusions...?

edit: missed your last sentence, wow you think youve been unfairly treated... seriously? the game you paid £30 for that is still getting free updates and stuff added that was never part of the planned feature set, and has grown from a tiny project into something fantastic and is now spreading our favourite game genre to consoles. its the best money ive spent on a game by a LONG way...

edit2: im out now, almost end of shift and if you seriously still think they have abandoned and cheated pc people... wow :thumbsup:

They already took some casual racer game decisions even before PC version was launched, such as not being possible to jump start, car speed lowering itself in pitlane, etc.

But stefano said in his stream that he can do it but he don't want to do it because he don't know how to handle the jump start penalty.....
You see? It's a pure I don't want to do it because I don't care about it situation.

I remember stefano saying in one of his streams a while ago that the PC version will get the new UI that the console is getting.

Yes it was said many times that the PC and Console version is 1:1.
Now it's clear that the menu won't come to pc. Developer said so it's official.
Also he said that the career mode very unlikely that wil change on pc soooo. Either the console career mode will be the same as on pc. Or we don't get the career mode from the console too.
Also they stated somewhere that the career mode won't be in 1.0 console too.

Yes it was said many times that the PC and Console version is 1:1.
It was pretty clear to me that when they were specifically talking about the physics. The graphics won't be 1:1, they can't be. Many things simply won't translate over to the consoles.

Now it's clear that the menu won't come to pc. Developer said so it's official.
So?
Why would the PC need a cut down version? When it comes to in game apps, we have the option to make whatever apps we want, if people like the console versions then I'm sure someone can make something similar for PC.

There are several reasons why we cant have that UI, its way to huge a change to make when 200k people are used it now,
Oh really? than please have a look at arma3 developement. And how they **** on peoples when they need to change something to make arma 3 better...
They did it many times. And the result is an even better and more popular game.
23,393 as of right now. 31,677 peak today.
This is clearly an indicator how you make good products.

Nice job jumping to conclusions Eduard/Antonio, not sure why you people have such negative outlooks.
This is true to you too. You don't have to assume anything when anything is asked by the community is discarded by the devs. We seen it many times. They openly state what features never be in the game. They openly talk about how they don't want to implement something.

The console version is a separate product, they are not obliged to backport things designed for the console just because its "new", they designed one ui for pc and one for console and are right to stick by that

They don't obliged to do anything. But this doesn't mean that they can't do it.
They simply don't want to do it. And this is a big difference.

edit: missed your last sentence, wow you think youve been unfairly treated... seriously? the game you paid £30 for that is still getting free updates and stuff added that was never part of the planned feature set, and has grown from a tiny project into something fantastic and is now spreading our favourite game genre to consoles. its the best money ive spent on a game by a LONG way...

It's not free. It cost money. We players with our wallet make these updates possible.
And I won't worship them as a god because of these "free" updates. May other developer did this. One of the best example is ARMA 3. The developers made a very bad products but they continiously working on the game even today and arma 3 sells more copy than assetto corsa every will on pc.
Enjoy the fantastic product. You know this is when players have to lower their exceptations because there is no alternative.
It's a racing simulator. But rolling start or jump start is not part of the simulation because they don't want to implement it. Bum. So in 2016 this is not an excepted feature from a simulation.
I don't except anything from free. I would happily throw them money but their attitude is clear THEY DON'T WANT TO DO IT. NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT.

Guys we have a swearing filter for a good reason. If you guys keep trying to bypass it you can take a temporary hike from this thread/discussion and rant elsewhere.

This is a public forum where people from all ages are reading and we aren't going to turn each discussion into a (hidden) swear fest because mature men can't control their secondary emotions.

Done enough editing for a day. Behave and be nice.

It was pretty clear to me that when they were specifically talking about the physics. The graphics won't be 1:1, they can't be. Many things simply won't translate over to the consoles.

So?
Why would the PC need a cut down version? When it comes to in game apps, we have the option to make whatever apps we want, if people like the console versions then I'm sure someone can make something similar for PC.

Yeah you are right. Now if they choose to not implement for example yebbis 3 to pc version because they don't have to then the graphics will be inferior on pc compared to console.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%