Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

I hope someone from ACC is reading this , bcs I still have a problem on setting the xbox controller . manual gear does not work , I tried several times but despite of what report the preset it doesn't work , i simply can't change the gear . I can only use automatic transmission ...

My viewpoint is that ACC as it stands now offers a level of audiovisual immersion that is basically unprecedented in modern simracing, fantastic physics and FFB, decent AI, beautiful vehicle track and interface presentation and amazingly fast loading times.

Sums up my thoughts exactly, well said.

4790k 1080ti, 75fps, v-Sync on, everyrhing high, foliage medium, and just switch virtual mirrow off not in graphics settings but in other menu ( do not remember now) and set mirroe quality to low and mirror resolution to high, and you are ready to play smoothly as hell, also in Rivatuner indicate frame to 72, do not ask why not to 75 it works wonders! I did not believed as one guy told me, but tested and this game is just getting better, ofcourse Kunos has to add more interesting career , multiplier and so on.
Yes but is this on a triple screen setup?

I will immediately say that I use 1080p resolution and no VR or triple screens.
The beta version of patch 1.0.5 brought me performance problems with my i5, but its final build completely fixed it.
Version 1.0 I really did not like. Problems with anti-aliasing, low texture loading speed terribly enraged me. After the patch 1.0.4 -1.0.5 everything looks great. I have a stable 60 FPS under any conditions in single races. In races with 21 AI may be reduced to 45 FPS at the start.

Thanks for the reply.

Reason for asking is a friend of me, who has an i5 4590 on 1080p. CPU is struggling a lot, and maybe there are some optimizations en route for the game.

Yes but is this on a triple screen setup?
Yes 3x27" 1080p - 4790k overclocked to 4.6 ghz, 1080ti a lit bit also overclocked. Really something wrong here as your cpu is even more powerfull than mine. Just keep everything high not epic! I also use v-sync to avoid screen tearing which i hate, so v-sync off will gain even more fps! Also important of cpu is not overclocked, one day tried on stock 4ghz, immediatly lost perfomance!!!

WTF happened to this world???

ACC is not THAT bad, and yet people are complaining like it's the worst sim racing title ever. Discussion is so polarised that it's not inviting anyone sensible to join it.
Yes, it's far from perfect, but it's also far from awful - nothing to make such dramas about. And yet people are boycotting the title, calling it 'completely dead' etc. Seriously?

Can we not have a civilised and constructive conversations here anymore?

I totally agree with you: ACC is not THAT bad. It's a very good simracing game… if you playing on a single screen.

But i think the game is not THAT good if you wanna play with triple screen or VR. Due to the lack of performance from the UE4 engine. From my point of view that's the only serious problem here because i'm playing alternatively with triples or VR, that's why i'm not playing with ACC and came back to AC with Weather's patch and SOL. And i'm sure i am not the only one:
upload_2019-7-5_14-10-46.png

But i'm confident: Kunos did a great job when they released the, oh wait, "buggy" Assetto Corsa and now it's a very good game.
They just need time, supports from the Community and i'm sure it's gonna be one of the best "GT3 simracing game"

Edit: i hope my English is Good ;)

• Deleted member 909406

Reason for asking is a friend of me, who has an i5 4590 on 1080p. CPU is struggling a lot, and maybe there are some optimizations en route for the game.
I can advise your friend the software that I use to optimize Windows processes. This will help reduce the load on the CPU.

I totally agree with you: ACC is not THAT bad. It's a very good simracing game… if you playing on a single screen.

But i think the game is not THAT good if you wanna play with triple screen or VR. Due to the lack of performance from the UE4 engine. From my point of view that's the only serious problem here because i'm playing alternatively with triples or VR, that's why i'm not playing with ACC and came back to AC with Weather's patch and SOL. And i'm sure i am not the only one:
View attachment 313578

But i'm confident: Kunos did a great job when they released the, oh wait, "buggy" Assetto Corsa and now it's a very good game.
They just need time, supports from the Community and i'm sure it's gonna be one of the best "GT3 simracing game"

Edit: i hope my English is Good ;)
What is your pc spec? I play on 3x27" 1080p easily 4790k, 1080ti. 5760x180 resolution -75fps steady, even SPA which is very demanding when you go through pits area

What is your pc spec? I play on 3x27" 1080p eaisly 4790k, 1080ti.

Direct Drive / I7 6700K, RTX2080Ti, 3X27 or Pimax 5K+. Sure i can play easily with a triple screen, that's not the question well.. i just think the UE is not the best choice for triple screens & VR
But, as i said, i'm sure they just need time. The game will be optimized ;)

Direct Drive / I7 6700K, RTX2080Ti, 3X27 or Pimax 5K+. Sure i can play easily with a triple screen, that's not the question well.. i just think the UE is not the best choice for triple screens & VR
But, as i said, i'm sure they just need time. The game will be optimized ;)
Great PC you have here :) ofcourse this game will be optimized, i still call it EA, i think when they rewrited multiplier code in middle of realease, this caused them a lot of efforts and time so other game areas were left by them own. I think if Kunos will keep their job so it will be perfect gt3 game! At least much better than all others. Also what i saw, people do not like ACC those has lower end wheel/bases... I has v2.5 and it is great. It is not to say that do not respect logitech owners or something, just maybe they do not get info through wheel which we get... Just my thoughts!

Can you please post a guide on how to make menu appear in the center
First make sure you have the Steam VR Dashboard enabled in Steam VR settings
upload_2019-6-2_22-22-56-png.5556

For Xbox controller with the headset on and game started and you are in garage
1. Press long BACK button. On the Headset you will see the steam icon and a green circle filling up around it. When it is filled it is opening the Steam VR Dashboard
2. Now you have a screen with two parts. Up and down. The focus is on Upper screen. Press START and the focus change to Lower screen (to me works after few rapid presses because the focus it is changing back)
upload_2019-6-2_22-13-36-png.5555

3. With D-pad key navigate once down and then to the left and select the ON/OFF button. Press A
4. In the next screen first option is "Reset Seated Position". Select this option and press A
upload_2019-6-2_22-9-38-png.5553

This working for me every time from the beginning of VR in ACC
Here it is a video. It's on Russian and he enter the Settings. This never worked for me, but you can see the VR Dashboard
Edited (I forget to paste the link :) )
For Motion Controller (I didn't test this solution)
1. hold down the joystick on the handhold controller until the ring appears totally green and open the Steam VR Dashboard
2. Select the ON/OFF button
3. Select "Reset Seated Position"
Hope you will find my explanation easy to follow

Yes 3x27" 1080p - 4790k overclocked to 4.6 ghz, 1080ti a lit bit also overclocked. Really something wrong here as your cpu is even more powerfull than mine. Just keep everything high not epic! I also use v-sync to avoid screen tearing which i hate, so v-sync off will gain even more fps! Also important of cpu is not overclocked, one day tried on stock 4ghz, immediatly lost perfomance!!!
Yes works better but still not a very sharp image.. 65/75/80 fps.. even when I’m running in 1440p.

Yesterday putted after ACC amg gt3 to Raceroom amg gt3 Monza. Man raceroom was destroyed in every aspect!!!! Ok after this put on R3E dtm 2016 audi, a lit bit better, but man R3E for me now do not exist even was time i i played it a lot!

I am big fan of Raceroom and its great sim, but yes, ACC is new level of immersion and feeling of driving. Strong side of Raceroom is AI, there is top notch and ACC AI is not good like in Raceroom. I like singleplayer races in Raceroom, AIs are far alive like in ACC.

@DEXT3R Comparing ACC to AC is kind of wrong - one offers you options for drifting, open wheels, road cars etc. With all mods, now with SOL and Shaders Patch it's obvious that their target will be much higher, not counting AC being offered at heavily discounted prices many times. ACC for a change is only a single series title, which reduces the user base greatly.
I'm driving in ACC using Oculus and can't say there's much wrong with the performance, apart from the freezes when someone joins the server it's rougly what I'd expect. I get the issues though and frustration from the others, I'll call myself lucky.
Saying that - I feel that I have had more fun during EA, than now. Not sure why. Perhaps that waiting to discover new content and explore it made it more appealing then? I don't know. The reality is that I'm not as glued as with the other titles.
What I don't like about is the unnecessary pressure (well, unnecessary from my seat, sure @kunos will have a different view ;) ) to release the game as 1.0 when it clearly wasn't ready to leave early access. But I get that Blancpain couldn't wait any more. Without it we'd probably be chatting here about "why is ACC not in 1.0 yet" ;) I'm sure they've learned that committing to a new engine and troubleshooting the unknown at such a tight schedule is a bad move. Sad that they did it the hard way.
Still waiting for a proper league in ACC which might bring back the original love to ACC. At the moment it feels more like "it's complicated" in Facebook's terms :D

Can someone tell me what is so bad about ACC?

Like you, I am puzzled as I am tremendously enjoying ACC, among other SIM, and cannot really understand what most people, complaining here, are all babbling about.

ACC, is at the leading edge of what we can experience in SIM racing today. Kunos pushed the mark a little bit further. A lot of SIM racer just do not have the hardware to be able to enjoy it and they have bad experience. That to me, is the only bad of ACC. I understand that.

For all the other complaints, they are just internet noise, if you give them green they complain it is not blue, and if you change it to blue, then they complain it is not green.

The driving physic and FFB coupled to the amazing details and accuracy of the cars to be driven on laser scanned tracks with as amazing details and accuracy, all to be experienced in quasy photo realistic graphics, is just fabulous!

Any one not getting this, get better hardware and come back when you are ready for the next gen.

Because VR is always demanding, I upgraded to a 1080ti, just for ACC, even before the first EA, very happy I did, now I can enjoy ACC and all my other SIM I like look the best they ever did.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.