Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

• Deleted member 197115

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-5_11-13-50.png
    upload_2019-7-5_11-13-50.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 101
  • upload_2019-7-5_11-14-34.png
    upload_2019-7-5_11-14-34.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 104
You said it peaked at 97. In that video it says the lowest was 97, not the peak.
A wrong use of words doesn't change the point though. He could've used a more appropriate term and say that it plummeted down to 97 concurrent players as the lowest count but the points in the video he got that number from still stand. The game had high expectations and failed to meet them. It doesn't really matter that there are a few thousand people happy with it, as they're just a relatively small (but very much vocal) minority.

A wrong use of words doesn't change the point though. He could've used a more appropriate term and say that it plummeted down to 97 concurrent players as the lowest count but the points in the video he got that number from still stand. The game had high expectations and failed to meet them. It doesn't really matter that there are a few thousand people happy with it, as they're just a relatively small (but very much vocal) minority.

I was just stating that saying the game peaked at just 97 was wrong.

I
The 97 active players comes from and.or is mentioned in this video:

You can also look at the Steam player base here: https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=assetto+corsa

Bear in mind that if you have a private Syeam account, you won't likely be reflected in the player numbers and most sims have smaller player bases than most other genres.

ACC may be having a dip in numbers as the weather is good in Europe apparently (I'm in the southern hemisphere so I don't know). While there is work to be done on ACC, I remain confident Kunos will fix the issues and build on what they've done thus far.

I think the "97 active players" was just on one moment, probably in the middle of the night.

I mean, look at the steam charts.

Rfactor 2 has similar status, and the peak of players is basically the same.

(Ps: Sorry for my bad english).

Edit: Ps²: I'm not trying to say that one sim is better then others. I play every one of them and i'm having fun basically with all.

Last edited:
Car feels like an RV van,ai are flashing past me with their oversteering cars.

Have to stop to literally a crawl for low speed corners while the ai race around like they are driving minis.

You asked for them, and Kunos delivers, Season 2 of Special events starts today and will last till August 2nd.
Enjoy ;)
This was long overdue and it should not rely on my words to update stuff like that;).
For me it's still leaving the question why no daily/weekly/monthly events like with other well-known titles?

Since the career seems rather rubbish and when looking at AC in comparison with it's offline-career-mode, it would make sense to add dozens of those 'Special Events' with different cars on different tracks in different weather-conditions with different laps to run. The possibilities are even within the rather small content infinite and would be a compensation for the missing real career-mode:whistling:

Have to stop to literally a crawl for low speed corners while the ai race around like they are driving minis.

I know there are people calling bs on your statement, but it is the exact same way for me. It's as if there is not enough steering lock to get around tight turns. This happens for me with every car. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missing. G25 user.

This was long overdue and it should not rely on my words to update stuff like that;).
For me it's still leaving the question why no daily/weekly/monthly events like with other well-known titles?

Since the career seems rather rubbish and when looking at AC in comparison with it's offline-career-mode, it would make sense to add dozens of those 'Special Events' with different cars on different tracks in different weather-conditions with different laps to run. The possibilities are even within the rather small content infinite and would be a compensation for the missing real career-mode:whistling:

But you mean multiplayer monthly events or single player events?

ACC is such a weird game when it comes to trying to tweak the performance...

I saw the mentions here that for some the performance improved with this update, so I went to do some testing again. I have what is pretty much the recommended system, so one would assume it would be able to maintain at least 60 fps in the game. Well...not really. While I can do 60 fps most of the time while racing AI, I still drop below that in some situations, like at the start/finish straight, especially at the start of the race (but not only). But it still seems to be CPU limited, even with a recommended system specs:

10 AI, 10 cars visible:

i-2F28dCz.png

28 AI, still just 10 cars visible:

i-GTdFJs2.png

Notice that the framerate has dropped. No real reason for that when it comes to GPU performance, because there's the exact same amount of stuff rendered on the screen. Also, the GPU utilization has actually dropped - more proof that this is not a GPU problem, but a CPU problem.

And, for comparison...with no AI:

i-vfjjJ4V.png

Again notice both the framerate and the GPU usage...

ACC is such a weird game when it comes to trying to tweak the performance...

I saw the mentions here that for some the performance improved with this update, so I went to do some testing again. I have what is pretty much the recommended system, so one would assume it would be able to maintain at least 60 fps in the game. Well...not really. While I can do 60 fps most of the time while racing AI, I still drop below that in some situations, like at the start/finish straight, especially at the start of the race (but not only). But it still seems to be CPU limited

Clearly you are CPU limited yes. I am pretty sure a dev said the shadows are mostly calculated by the CPU so that's the first setting to look at to gain fps with AI.

I believe I am on medium shadows, but the setting does seem to have very little effect both on CPU and on the visuals, tbh, just like most of them. (And the shadows always seem to have the drawing distance of like 5 meters anyway.)

Also, I know I am CPU limited, I only have to look at the thread usage for the game. The point of my post was more to demonstrate it, and also to point out that recommended system specs are kinda not enough for this game.

Regarding player count, we should keep in mind it's summer season. I am a regular ACC sim'er but like many, currently on vacation without my sim rig. So I expect to see numbers go back up in August/September. Notice they are now introducing CP Quali starts always at the full hour, effectively the "scheduled races" we always asked for. Combine with a nice feature update and 2019 dlc in fall time and I am still confident this is going to be a successful game also reg player count!

What is REALLY needed though is a community manager laying out dev roadmaps. We don't need to know any timings, but urgently need to know what features Kunos plans to introduce with v1.1, v1.2, and so on.

Eg like this:
"For the next major release v1.1 we are working on introducing scheduled CP races, safety car, and engine damage (it will be ready whenever it's ready). Only after this completed, with V 1.2 we are tackling this and that, xyz, ..."

• Deleted member 909406

Also, I know I am CPU limited, I only have to look at the thread usage for the game. The point of my post was more to demonstrate it, and also to point out that recommended system specs are kinda not enough for this game.
You can observe a similar situation in Train Sim World which uses UE4. Changing graphic settings does not affect performance. In heavy scenes, performance drops noticeably. UE4 heavily loads the CPU and this will be the bottleneck of your system. Nevertheless, today it is one of the most popular railway simulators.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back