Assetto Corsa Competizione: Spa-Francorchamps Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Spa Preview 2.jpg

With release day getting ever closer, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed some preview images from the wonderful Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps that's set to join ACC later this month.

Set to play host to the biggest race of the Blancpain GT Series calendar - the Total 24 Hours of Spa, the legendary Belgian racing circuit is always a favourite amongst fans and drivers alike - and in Assetto Corsa Competizione we are set for one of the best versions of the track in any simulator to date.

Spa Gameplay: Check out the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 video in heavy rain conditions HERE.

With the game heading out of Early Access this May 29th, to help pass the time why not feast your eyes on these beautiful in-game images from one of the most iconic racing venues anywhere in the world...

ACC Spa Preview 1.jpg
ACC Spa Preview 3.jpg
ACC Spa Preview 4.jpg

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Dear ACC racers -

We have noticed some concerns over our forum post regarding a more detailed definition of the feature "matchmaking" and multiplayer.

This topic has been widely shared and discussed over various platforms, resulting in and alluding to an incorrect conclusion that Assetto Corsa Competizione will not feature any matchmaking feature and that the 1.0 version will only come with a simple server list when it comes to "how to join a multiplayer race" inside the title.

Even though ACC will release in a short time, we would like to clarify the situation in order to allow all current or future customers to be clear about this whole topic. We invite you to keep in mind the following:

- Our Dev. Blog forum post aimed to clarify that ACC will not feature any automatic scheduling of multiplayer races, and we would like to underline that nothing of the sort was ever promised during the Early Access programme.

- Assetto Corsa Competizione does feature multiplayer matchmaking. This feature is made possible thanks to a brand new Rating System (that will evolve together with the game after release in order to work even better), and it will help all players to automatically join the best match according to their skills and safety on track. Our system will first sort the servers giving the proper weight to players' preferences and rating indicators and secondly allow them to:

A) Press a Quick Join button that will automatically connect them to the theoretical best match;

B) Select their preferred server from a filtered server list on the ACC multiplayer page.

Anyone expecting an automatic scheduled racing system, featuring a calendar, a booking system and continuously updating leagues misunderstood what was stated by Kunos Simulazioni; on the other side, all reacting to this with the feeling that an automatic matchmaking function would have been missing can hopefully feel better now.

Kunos Simulazioni, as already known, will continue developing ACC even after 1.0 in order to closely look the feedback from the community and make the Competizione even better after its initial full-version launch.
i´m glade that there is no booking system have not that much time to wait for ever to get on a race with the saftyrating system u can get on servers with fair racers thats all i need

Well, at least we will have the faces of the real pilots of Blanpain! Awesome!

For me, It's clear that Kunos fail.
They built an awesome (and till now useless) Ranking System with 100 variables just to filter the online matches... yeah, buy that one lol They dreamed big and woke up wet in the middle of the night.
Well, we will have 10 good looking tracks and 10 good looking cars with decent physics. And pictures of pilots of Blancpain, of course. For a car simulation game at 2019, it's very poor.
u like quantity over quality. better 10 superb cars and 10 superb tracks than a large amount of ****

I dunno, for me "matchmaking" was NEVER about scheduled races and league type content. It is simply the means of being able to plop you in a race with players of a similar rank.. Which, far as I can tell, ACC has.
You want a league? Join or start one.
You don't want to be punted on T1? Work on your rating and join a server suited to it.
I am confident there will be something set up, somehow, similar to SRS, be it 3rd party or by Kunos down the line, but for now, "matchmaking" is there in the true sense of the word. Someone someplace mistook the meaning of it and poisoned the community. AC and ACC are both fantastic sims.. Just strap yourselves in and get on track. Quit bitching and more bumper to bumper.
2 cents complete.

Great graphics. All of this is just fantastic for simracing enthousiaste like me.

Regarding Matchmaking, with the SRS system everybody can race even with a ranking of 0.
With acc system and server set for safety ranking at 65 or more , it will not be the same movie.
It is maybe why some people are afraid ?

Can't wait for the full release! I must reserve some time next weekend to really delve into the game. So curious of what the championship mode will bring. *fidget*
And having the SPA24h in the game brings additional non-GT3, non-standard Blancpain cars to the game like the 911GT3Cup and Gallardo REX. Really cool stuff.

-----
As for the continuous whining in the community that this or that feature is not in, that AC is better anyways and all that. Why does it escalate to this in every thread?

But if you want talk about it, fine, I'll give you my thoughts on this since I did not comment on either of these topics so far (and will probably never do again):

Matchmaking: I cannot believe some people are persistently hung up on one word, which definition was made by themselves and not an unambiguous term in the first place. I really appreciate the new rating system. We will see how it will play out in the long run, give it some time! People that believed, that organized matches will be provided by Kunos on a weekly/monthly basis did obviously not understand IRacing's concept to begin with. Of course you can provide this, but you need manpower and a monthly fee to make it happen. First would be hard to do with Kunos staffing at the moment and I for one would NEVER pay a monthly fee just to be able to race online. IRacing is still there for that! There you have your go-to sim!

Modding: Maybe I am an exception here, but I never looked at modding as THE big thing to be honest. What I want most is officially provided content, which is professionally done and most importantly matched to the existing content. If you can get additional stuff via modding, fine. But I neither need that necessarily nor would it be a dealbreaker for me if it would not have that. Plus I would never automatically see it as a given that modding capabilities are implemented in new games, especially if the content simply doesn't call for it (see Blancpain in ACC). Good thing however is, that really good talend emerged from the modding community now working for the studios. And one fine tool is the radar feature for sure! Kudos to the creator who is obviously now part of the Kunos Dev team.

Triple screens / VR: Here I honestly understand the problems users are facing regarding functionality and performance. I am not impacted by it, but I can feel for you there. Kunos did a statement on that, why that is not entirely up to them since using Unreal engine and I do not expect them to fix both of these shortcomings for the V1.0 release. I hope for you that you will get a good experience with further improvements to the game.
But honestly... If "no VR, no buy" or "no triples, no buy" is your theme, there are other really good sims out there which provide a better experience there. Go for it! As we are talking about gaming, I mean it IS a leisure thing, maybe a hobby at most ... chill out. Kunos already stated that they will look into it and provide a as good solution as they possibly can. If you do not trust Kunos' statements in the first place. Do not buy their products. Simple as that.

Great graphics. All of this is just fantastic for simracing enthousiaste like me.

Regarding Matchmaking, with the SRS system everybody can race even with a ranking of 0.
With acc system and server set for safety ranking at 65 or more , it will not be the same movie.
It is maybe why some people are afraid ?
I guess some folk better get on track and build up that rating then :p
I am all for beginners being able to get on and have fun, but (and I am by no means a pro) having something in place to filter the idiots is essential! I get a very limited time behind the wheel, and to be on a server full of flat out hairpin takers nakes me want to destroy things. Anger management classes to follow.

Can't wait for the full release! I must reserve some time next weekend to really delve into the game. So curious of what the championship mode will bring. *fidget*
And having the SPA24h in the game brings additional non-GT3, non-standard Blancpain cars to the game like the 911GT3Cup and Gallardo REX. Really cool stuff.

-----
As for the continuous whining in the community that this or that feature is not in, that AC is better anyways and all that. Why does it escalate to this in every thread?

But if you want talk about it, fine, I'll give you my thoughts on this since I did not comment on either of these topics so far (and will probably never do again):

Matchmaking: I cannot believe some people are persistently hung up on one word, which definition was made by themselves and not an unambiguous term in the first place. I really appreciate the new rating system. We will see how it will play out in the long run, give it some time! People that believed, that organized matches will be provided by Kunos on a weekly/monthly basis did obviously not understand IRacing's concept to begin with. Of course you can provide this, but you need manpower and a monthly fee to make it happen. First would be hard to do with Kunos staffing at the moment and I for one would NEVER pay a monthly fee just to be able to race online. IRacing is still there for that! There you have your go-to sim!

Modding: Maybe I am an exception here, but I never looked at modding as THE big thing to be honest. What I want most is officially provided content, which is professionally done and most importantly matched to the existing content. If you can get additional stuff via modding, fine. But I neither need that necessarily nor would it be a dealbreaker for me if it would not have that. Plus I would never automatically see it as a given that modding capabilities are implemented in new games, especially if the content simply doesn't call for it (see Blancpain in ACC). Good thing however is, that really good talend emerged from the modding community now working for the studios. And one fine tool is the radar feature for sure! Kudos to the creator who is obviously now part of the Kunos Dev team.

Triple screens / VR: Here I honestly understand the problems users are facing regarding functionality and performance. I am not impacted by it, but I can feel for you there. Kunos did a statement on that, why that is not entirely up to them since using Unreal engine and I do not expect them to fix both of these shortcomings for the V1.0 release. I hope for you that you will get a good experience with further improvements to the game.
But honestly... If "no VR, no buy" or "no triples, no buy" is your theme, there are other really good sims out there which provide a better experience there. Go for it! As we are talking about gaming, I mean it IS a leisure thing, maybe a hobby at most ... chill out. Kunos already stated that they will look into it and provide a as good solution as they possibly can. If you do not trust Kunos' statements in the first place. Do not buy their products. Simple as that.
**THIS** ^^

I am glad there are others out there that know how things are.
Well put my fellow fake 4 wheeled competitor.

I dunno, for me "matchmaking" was NEVER about scheduled races and league type content. It is simply the means of being able to plop you in a race with players of a similar rank.. Which, far as I can tell, ACC has.
You want a league? Join or start one.
You don't want to be punted on T1? Work on your rating and join a server suited to it.
I am confident there will be something set up, somehow, similar to SRS, be it 3rd party or by Kunos down the line, but for now, "matchmaking" is there in the true sense of the word. Someone someplace mistook the meaning of it and poisoned the community. AC and ACC are both fantastic sims.. Just strap yourselves in and get on track. Quit bitching and more bumper to bumper.
2 cents complete.
Not about scheduled races, alright, but no ranking system? This is the must-have for a matchmaking game. No ranking=no matchmaking.

With that definition every multiplayer game has matchmaking. This weaseling is pretty sad. All they had to do was to apologize for the misinformation and misunderstandings they caused about a feature they are not going to deliver. There done and dusted and lots of goodwill earned. Instead they redefined the term matchmaking to be so broad term that even super mario 1 and my coffee maker has matchmaking. Every sim has matchmaking now! Instead of being honest they have made themselves look dishonest and deflecting.

Do you already have version 1.0? Can you tell us more about it? How does the Porsche drive? And the new Bentley? And the Aston?

Ehm there is a ranking system? better look to your driver profile
Ranking meaning I am rank 652 on the board, I have 651 player to go.
Not exactly I am class D or whatever. The idea of matchmaking is to give incentive for users to compete, any user can compare to any other user rank. It's the minimum, I'm not even mentioning organized/scheduled races. Here, what do you want to compare exactly?

Ranking meaning I am rank 652 on the board, I have 651 player to go.
Not exactly I am class D or whatever. The idea of matchmaking is to give incentive for users to compete, any user can compare to any other user rank. It's the minimum, I'm not even mentioning organized/scheduled races. Here, what do you want to compare exactly?
it stands not fully implemented and there is a placeholder for ranking and online stats

• Deleted member 379375

I wonder why they haven't addressed the issue that undermined MR. That of only unrated servers being populated. A simple SA range rather than a minimum would enforce correct usage of the system by server admins.

Trying to match iRacing's system and user base to boot is going to be a very hard task. I mean iRacing is almost it's own thing, with all the other sim racing titles being bunched together. It's like a religion. 10 years of building an infrastructure and player retention is not an easy feat.

Trying to match iRacing's system and user base to boot is going to be a very hard task. I mean iRacing is almost it's own thing, with all the other sim racing titles being bunched together. It's like a religion. 10 years of building an infrastructure and player retention is not an easy feat.
No one ever said anything about trying to match iRacing's system.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back