Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

your comments are so classist... so based on your thoughts we should be all buying the latest hardware to play ACC?
The only ones that act classist are a lot of VR users, they act self entitled as if they were more important and prioritary than anybody else, when in reality they represent a very small but very vocal minority. Do you know how to discover if a forum user has VR gear?, they tell you about it in almost every post.

ACC devs made a very big mistake picking UE as graphics engine, and now they only can make very little about a graphics engine with such a small dev team with a graphics engine they know nothing about because other developer team of people built it and keep moving the goalposts with every aditional release of the UE.

So deal with it, ACC is a resources hog like first crysis was, and it isn't going to change. I believe that kunos devs have learned the lesson the hard way, and for their next sim I hope they will be smart enough to avoid UE like the pest.

The only ones that act classist are a lot of VR users, they act self entitled as if they were more important and prioritary than anybody else, when in reality they represent a very small but very vocal minority. Do you know how to discover if a forum user has VR gear?, they tell you about it in almost every post.

ACC devs made a very big mistake picking UE as graphics engine, and now they only can make very little about a graphics engine with such a small dev team with a graphics engine they know nothing about because other developer team of people built it and keep moving the goalposts with every aditional release of the UE.

So deal with it, ACC is a resources hog like first crysis was, and it isn't going to change. I believe that kunos devs have learned the lesson the hard way, and for their next sim I hope they will be smart enough to avoid UE like the pest.

If the next sim is released in another 4 to 5 years, by then I would expect to have UE optimized by Kunos.

Another thing to consider is the constant performance improvements from generation to generation in GPUs.

If you drink the Nvidia kool aid, the Ampere will be 50% faster than the current generation...

a graphics engine they know nothing about
While I understand where you come from, and to some degree agree, this wording is a bit too loose. I bet by now they know an awesome lot about it and how to squeeze the best possible out of it. Its just that there are technical and legal limits for them.

Stay classy, guys.

Being on VR myself, on my rig the experience is absolutely playable and visually acceptable, even good, and frames are smooth. Its just pushing my rig to the performance and temperature limits - in this it is second to no other in my software library.

when in reality they represent a very small but very vocal minority

Source?

This is mine, a poll done right here on RD by us, sim drivers
What do you view your PC sims on?
  • Single Standard Monitor
    Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Ultra Wide Monitor
    Votes: 54 22.1%
  • Triple Monitors
    Votes: 59 24.2%
  • TV
    Votes: 22 9.0%
  • Projector
    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VR
    Votes: 99 40.6%

• Total voters 244

Last edited:
Jesus!
Is there anybody who would not buy it if is 25 or even 49 Euro and not 19?
If the price of DLC quadrupled I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would not buy it. I'm a big Kunos fan boy, but their reasonable prices are part of the reason I'm such a fan boy.

The only ones that act classist are a lot of VR users, they act self entitled as if they were more important and prioritary than anybody else, when in reality they represent a very small but very vocal minority.
*Adjusts monocle VR headset* The audacity of these monovisuals is quite alarming.

When talking about "no cars" for the DLC.... I browsed through the entry lists of IGTC 2019 just now. Aside from GT4, MARC cars, Mother Chassis,...etc which we will most likely not get....But what about this one from Suzuka 10h?

- Callaway Competition with BINGORACING (JPN) - Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R :geek: :whistling:

Guys, please can we leave the 'VR or not VR' chat elsewhere for this thread? More important things at hand.

Which track are people here planning to take on for their first laps? I'm currently planning Laguna, as it has the shortest lap length, even though I've enjoyed that in far more games than the others. Think I need to dial myself in a little bit before trying the unforgiving nature of Suzuka or Bathurst.

I remember last December, when some Oculus update changed decent performance into a nightmare, so there are several factors to consider.

Rift S user here, just in case you were wondering wheter I would say it or not.

Also, when ACC was released without 3 screen support, there were a lot of very vocal users showing disappointment on forums.

When talking about "no cars" for the DLC.... I browsed through the entry lists of IGTC 2019 just now. Aside from GT4, MARC cars, Mother Chassis,...etc which we will most likely not get....But what about this one from Suzuka 10h?

- Callaway Competition with BINGORACING (JPN) - Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R :geek: :whistling:

Would be ace, but they would have announced if it was in the pack, so we can't expect it to be unfortunately.

Guys, please can we leave the 'VR or not VR' chat elsewhere for this thread? More important things at hand.

Which track are people here planning to take on for their first laps? I'm currently planning Laguna, as it has the shortest lap length, even though I've enjoyed that in far more games than the others. Think I need to dial myself in a little bit before trying the unforgiving nature of Suzuka or Bathurst.
Suzuka, Barthurst, Laguna, Kyalami will be my to drive list ;)

I'm very excited to drive first in Suzuka and Bathurst....but all tracks are superb!!!! Laguna is also challenging....BTW...all of them!!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.