Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

I can always count on you guys for a good laugh....
"yes!... some of you do entertain and amuse me."
Kangaroos!!!.
As to the DLC itself....Kunos has always been fair in their pricing.
I don't think this will be any different...but on the off-chance that it is, I still have to take into consideration all the free and lower priced content that came before it.
Loyalty has to count for something.
They're modding teams here who have never, ever released a free 'anything'.
Some don't even update the paid content.
I value and reward the folks who do sim development for the love of it...but also have to put their kids through school and feed their families...just like I do.

Last edited:
What game has the same graphics as the ACC?
I know what you are trying to say, but it doesn't work that way, as sad as it sounds. I could post a screenshot of ACC and show you how bad it runs while looking pretty bad aswell, up to a point where it looks completely blury/aliased, even far worse than rF1. The game just doesn't scale well, wich is a shame as Kunos really stepped up the product, where AC felt pretty halfbaken. And watching footage from people with quite potent hardware, performance issues are still an issues with systems that should have no issues running the sim. If I hadn't big frame drops and micro stuttering I wouldn't hesitate to buy the DLC. Performance should be number 1 priority for this sim.

Source?

This is mine, a poll done right here on RD by us, sim drivers
What do you view your PC sims on?
  • Single Standard Monitor
    Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Ultra Wide Monitor
    Votes: 54 22.1%
  • Triple Monitors
    Votes: 59 24.2%
  • TV
    Votes: 22 9.0%
  • Projector
    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VR
    Votes: 99 40.6%

• Total voters 244

Gergo Panker said in one of the posts that average user of ACC is still on a single 1080p screen. Your sample is probably way too small to give reliable data and it seems triple screen users as well as VR users (or even 32:9 ultrawide users) are in minority. It surprised me but I assume Gergo knows what he's talking about.

Kyalama it was in the 60's Clockwise now it is AntiClockwise, ( New Director ?)
The top half on the hill of the original Kyalami circuit (the main straight and the sweeping first turn) was torn up for development in 1988 but the lower half of the circuit (Sunset, Clubhouse and the Esses) was saved. They built a new pit area on the opposite side of the remaining circuit section. In order to connect from the new main straight and still run through the classic Sunset, Clubhouse and the Esses in the same direction, the new circuit had to be counterclockwise

Kyalami old vs new circuits ac16f7463e1767e04557123af844647a.jpg

This is mine, a poll done right here on RD by us, sim drivers
What do you view your PC sims on?

• VR
    Votes: 99 40.6%

• Total voters 244
This might as well serve as proof that VR users are a vocal minority. Your source is a poll on a forum dedicate to a niche hobby, which is frequented mostly by vocal enthousiasts.
40% of the people that replied to this poll use VR, out of a sample size that represents the tiniest fraction of the people that play racing sims.

Do you know how to discover if a forum user has VR gear?, they tell you about it in almost every post.
I just want to say that I don't own a VR headset, but I am vegetarian...

Gergo Panker said in one of the posts that average user of ACC is still on a single 1080p screen. Your sample is probably way too small to give reliable data and it seems triple screen users as well as VR users (or even 32:9 ultrawide users) are in minority. It surprised me but I assume Gergo knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, but presumably this is a symptom of the sim being very hard to play in VR, i.e. a lot of VR users gave up on the game. I certainly gave up until 1.2 when I could manage to play it with a pretty high end system.

The top half on the hill of the original Kyalami circuit (the main straight and the sweeping first turn) was torn up for development in 1988 but the lower half of the circuit (Sunset, Clubhouse and the Esses) was saved. They built a new pit area on the opposite side of the remaining circuit section. In order to connect from the new main straight and still run through the classic Sunset, Clubhouse and the Esses in the same direction, the new circuit had to be counterclockwise

View attachment 347490

Thanks for the info. I always wondered what part of the old track was still in use. A shame the old layout isn’t there anymore, it’s such a fun circuit to simrace on.

Gergo Panker said in one of the posts that average user of ACC is still on a single 1080p

Knowing Gergo, his information is probably accurate, I am not saying ACC is used by a lot of VR user, even if I am one off them, I purchased a 1080ti just to be able to enjoy ACC in VR, my older gpu did not stand a chance, even if it was totally adequate to play AC, or PCars2, or R3E.
I know a lot of VR user that are not enjoying ACC in VR like I do.

Your source is a poll on a forum dedicate to a niche hobby, which is frequented mostly by vocal enthousiast

Yes, but at least I have source.
Also I agree, if we take the general population as a base, VR users are a very tiny minority.:D
I am not so concerned with what people are playing racing games with in general, I would guess a game pad setting on a coach across the room form a 55 inch tv is the majority, but I don't have a source, so I will not pretend to know. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I always wondered what part of the old track was still in use. A shame the old layout isn’t there anymore, it’s such a fun circuit to simrace on.
That old track was a blast in Legends.
I still fondly remember turning right and nailing the throttle all the way through that uphill, right kink and down the main straight to turn one.
Your heart rate always went up a bit as you tried to place the car for that first corner.

View attachment 347490
Ok thx for the info! New for me I wass a Grand Prix Legend fan :)

Whilst I play ACC on a G29 when I have time to set it up in front of my 1080p screen, it’s very enjoyable (if not as fast/easy) with the right settings on an Xbox One pad and long may that be the case.

Anyway, not the thread for that.

Just been browsing liveries from Suzuka - interesting selection of new Hondas in there.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%