Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfixes 1.3.8 and 1.3.9 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have recently deployed two new hotfix updates to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Build 1.3.8 released a few days again and contains some minor tweaks and competition specific improvements for the simulation. However, it is perhaps 1.3.9 that is the more prominent of the two builds - adding an update of the multiplayer collision model that should, according to Kunos, improve the way car-to-car racing is presented in online racing situations. .

You can check out the update notes for these two new build releases below:

Changelog v1.3.9
  • Multiplayer collision model improvements. Brings a substantial improvement in MP collisions, which will improve door-to-door racing with more reliable and grounded contact physics.
Changelog v1.3.8
  • Sponsorship related updates for the SRO eSports event.
  • All formation lap types now ghost cars during the formation lap until the green flag by design (only available for private servers).
  • Added event-specific formation lap types for private servers (4 and 5, please wait for updated server manual for more information).
  • Tolerance tweaks for the scripted formation type.

Bottom image credit: D. Jankovic

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to expected June 23rd.

Don't forget to check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions about the simulation.

ACC Hotfix Release 1.jpg

Last edited:
This brilliant. Just goes to show what fake advertising does.

Apart from this detail and the backtracking of the servers compared to the original ads, Assetto Corsa Competizione is awesome and even if some people criticize its low content, it's because they can't read that the game focuses only on one car category. Besides, how did these people get their driving licence? lol

Hum and i wait always the possibility to buy the soundtrack ^^

Last edited:
Apart from this detail and the backtracking of the servers compared to the original ads, Assetto Corsa Competizione is awesome and even if some people criticize its low content, it's because they can't read that the game focuses only on one car category. Besides, how did these people get their driving licence? lol

You're forgetting that it took well over a year before it was considered an acceptable standard though. Before that it was in a dire, dire state. And yet to this date, we're still for features that were advertised during launch..

You're forgetting that it took well over a year before it was considered an acceptable standard though. Before that it was in a dire, dire state. And yet to this date, we're still for features that were advertised during launch..

What a load of garbage, I’ve had ACC since virtually the start of the EA, some aspects such as VR and triple do require work but it’s never been in a dire state. Get back under your bridge.

Even if we did have this feature, it is pretty much pointless. The AI logic is very poor in this game, they struggle to overtake on most circuits. All you have to do is spectate a race on brands hatch (as an example). The grid at the start is idencitical to the grid that finishes - even 40 laps on.

Also blue flag logic is also incredibly poor. You will literally see AI cars come to a halt to allow cars to overtake them. So yeah, even if you had driver swaps it is pretty much pointless.
I will simulate that AI are gentleman driver, pay to race haha. :roflmao::roflmao:

Ok, you mean in single player mode. Apologies. I am not familiar with single player racing as there is so much multiplayer going on that i use single player only for training. In any case why don't you try multiplayer endurance events? I think it's much more fun than racing for 24 hours straight against the AI. You can check the ACC official forum and look in this thread: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-online-leagues-championships-room.86/
Yep man, Single player. No problem!. I not a fan Multiplayer except iRacing. Maybe I give a chance to ACC race in leagues.

On MP I know thar driver swap works similar iRacing.

I never said it was bad?

You said "You're forgetting that it took well over a year before it was considered an acceptable standard though. Before that it was in a dire, dire state" . That sounds to me like you thought it was bad. Even now, from your quote you seem to think it's just "acceptable". I was happy with it throughout EA (no VR here) and it continues to get better with every update.

I strongly dislike GT class cars, bore quickly at "popular" courses, and I'm not really a fan of AC (I think Kunos is a great dev, tho).
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago because I've heard good things about it from actual real humans whose opinions I trust, and DAMN am I surprised how much I enjoy it.
The sound, ffb and physics make it a very immersive driving experience. It's fun to fire up when I want to do some hot lapping, but need a break from league race practice in a couple other sims. Hell yah.

Curious why there are no RD articles about all the official esports events lately, like this recent ACC SRO Esport GT Series Charity Challenge that was livestreamed and commentated by SRO. I thought any reporting on this unique situation of sim racing taking the place of real motorsport would fit right in here.

When will ACC be getting DLSS 2.0? ACC is a dog to run in VR and this new feature will help. It is available to all unreal engine although an rtx graphics card is requires. Time to get to work.

When will ACC be getting DLSS 2.0? ACC is a dog to run in VR and this new feature will help. It is available to all unreal engine although an rtx graphics card is requires. Time to get to work.

I seem to remember one of the devs saying that just because it's compatible with the Ureal engine, doesn't mean that it's easy to implement (or words to that effect).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.5%