Paul Jeffrey

Premium
You guessed it, another Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix build is here!

Becoming a regular thing and eating people's internet allocation like it is going out of fashion, today players of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation have been met with another small hotfix update release to download, bringing the excellent title from Kunos Simulazioni up to build status 1.6.5 and adding a few minor refinements to the official GT World Challenge racing title.

ACC middle.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.6.5 Update Notes:

PHYSICS:

• Fixed a potential issue with bumpstop behaviour.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Detection of unstable client connection and disabling of collisions to protect other clients. Reduces the likelihood of race-ending collisions resulting from connection issues.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed missing certain visual custom car properties when watching a gallery replay.

Original Source; Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
How about the ai? They are still quite passive even till now.
Well, I asked that question in the official forum after no news for a couple of weeks after the latest AI update and was told by a dev that they can't be bothered to reply and update everyone and that they are literally rewriting large chunks of code on a game that isn't on a subscription :rolleyes:

According to one of the devs they are still working on the AI "pacing". Not clear to me if that means the overall speed of the AI or the ability of the AI to battle against other AI.

Well, I asked that question in the official forum after no news for a couple of weeks after the latest AI update and was told by a dev that they can't be bothered to reply and update everyone and that they are literally rewriting large chunks of code on a game that isn't on a subscription :rolleyes:

According to one of the devs they are still working on the AI "pacing". Not clear to me if that means the overall speed of the AI or the ability of the AI to battle against other AI.

Put yourself in the shoes of one of the developers who reads your post.

See?
Exactly, that is how disrespectful this sounds.

The developers don't owe you anything. No improved AI, no continuous free content added to the game, no dirt-cheap DLC content that continuously is industry leading in many ways, no continuous improvement of the product you have bought some time ago (for a very small price) and certainly no report on development points they are still working on for you free of charge.

It is incredulous to read sometimes how a small dev-team who work against the grain of the general industry with a passion around the clock, long time after a product has been shipped is referred to in such manners.

Unlike other developers the very small workforce is focussed on actually further improving constantly a long time shipped product with a passion and without asking anything from its users instead of spending a large effort on"typing reports and forecasts of future features that may or may not see the light of day".
We also never were asked to purchase pre-canned DLC content that was regurgitated from prior shipped and paid for content (looking at you Codem…).
We also were not abandoned after shipping date with an endless list of bugs, unfulfilled high promises and key features that were never fixed and yet offered new "pre-canned DLC content" to pay more money on (looking at you S…).

If any developer, THIS one needs at the very least a little courtesy from the general community.
The devs, as any working person really, are not just paid in coin for their work but rewarded and motivated by customers who let them know when a good job is done well.

Be patient, thus far this developer has more often than not surprised the community and rarely if ever made lofty promises about ideas to market the product.

Thank you, i use this app but still a lot of things we cannot control, for example:
-fixed cockpit view for all players
-puddles and wet level
-damage level
-penalty for not respect blues flags
-number of warnings before DT
-change speed lane
I've seen this options working on a server but still don't know how they could change it, i think ACC is the best sim so far from others so i think still have more servers options than we could see in this great app. I will like to learn more about it

Put yourself in the shoes of one of the developers who reads your post.

See?
Exactly, that is how disrespectful this sounds.

The developers don't owe you anything. No improved AI, no continuous free content added to the game, no dirt-cheap DLC content that continuously is industry leading in many ways, no continuous improvement of the product you have bought some time ago (for a very small price) and certainly no report on development points they are still working on for you free of charge.

It is incredulous to read sometimes how a small dev-team who work against the grain of the general industry with a passion around the clock, long time after a product has been shipped is referred to in such manners.

Unlike other developers the very small workforce is focussed on actually further improving constantly a long time shipped product with a passion and without asking anything from its users instead of spending a large effort on"typing reports and forecasts of future features that may or may not see the light of day".
We also never were asked to purchase pre-canned DLC content that was regurgitated from prior shipped and paid for content (looking at you Codem…).
We also were not abandoned after shipping date with an endless list of bugs, unfulfilled high promises and key features that were never fixed and yet offered new "pre-canned DLC content" to pay more money on (looking at you S…).

If any developer, THIS one needs at the very least a little courtesy from the general community.
The devs, as any working person really, are not just paid in coin for their work but rewarded and motivated by customers who let them know when a good job is done well.

Be patient, thus far this developer has more often than not surprised the community and rarely if ever made lofty promises about ideas to market the product.

I agree with you and I'm a huge Kunos fan, but the way they have treated some of the folks in the forums lately is pretty disrespectful.

I do disagree that they don't owe us a working AI and career mode. The game released with a career mode as well as AI that was completely unable to pass each other or the user. All of us have been waiting patiently for almost a year for improvements with pages upon pages of complaints about how bad it is. If they are going to release a career mode and a single player mode, then the AI should be at least reasonably decent.

On the plus side, I think the AI is now better than its ever been for them. They do pass the player now and will put up a reasonable fight, they just don't pass each other.

What does this even mean? Jan - Feb 2021 or Nov - Dez 2021?
Thanks.
So much debate about what this even means. Technically Winter 2020 starts December 21st 2020 if your in the UK/Northern Europe. So January, February, March 2021 are still Winter 2020. So on that basis it may not be out until this time next year (give or take a couple of weeks). Whilst I would love to see it before Spring 2021 (March or April 2021) . Maybe the Dev who posted that lives in Australia or New Zealand and it will arrive in June 2021 :)

So much debate about what this even means. Technically Winter 2020 starts December 21st 2020 if your in the UK/Northern Europe. So January, February, March 2021 are still Winter 2020. So on that basis it may not be out until this time next year (give or take a couple of weeks). Whilst I would love to see it before Spring 2021 (March or April 2021) . Maybe the Dev who posted that lives in Australia or New Zealand and it will arrive in June 2021 :)

That's what I feared, unfortunately. Thank you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.