Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.5.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today dropped the first post V1.5 hotfix to Assetto Corsa Competizione on Stream - bringing a number of fixes and updates to the simulation.
  • First update following big V1.5 build launch.
  • Improvements to multiclass MFD options.
  • Onscreen timing widget improvements.
Assetto Corsa Competizione | GT Pack DLC Review: Click Here.

A first new hotfix, complete with both changes and tweaks, has been deployed to Assetto Corsa Competizione following the release of the V1.5 build and the mighty GT4 Pack DLC cars.

As has become usual practice following large core updates to ACC, the hotfix is a pretty sizeable one, and has been deployed in response to a few issues that cropped up within the sim over the days since V1.5 released back on Wednesday of last week.

ACC Hotfix 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Introducing The GT4 Cars: Click Here.

Chief amongst the changes for 1.5.1 is some welcome tweaking to the the way multi-class racing is represented in the on screen HUD within the title. With 1.5 now introducing the possibility to host multi-class events online, featuring both GT3 and GT4 cars as well as the new ST and Cup classifications, Kunos have reworked the onboard MFD and HUD functionality to better inform drivers where they stand within their respective class - something I for one very much welcome.

Other changes that specifically relate to racing with varied classes include some audio tweaks with respect to your specific class positioning, broadcast resources and timetable changes, amongst other items detailed in the change log below.

ACC Header.jpg

v1.5.1 changelog

GRAPHICS:

• Fixed steering wheel display not hiding on the Alpine A110 GT4 when the steering wheel is set to hidden.
  • Minor updates to the 2020 WRT liveries.
  • Minor corrections on the BMW M4 GT4 custom designs.
UI:
  • MFD while in multi-class sessions will now contain an extra standings page filtered to the currently viewed car's car class.
  • HUD position indicator in multi-class sessions now shows the position in a car's class and a secondary indicator shows overall position.
  • Intro sequences for singleplayer sessions now do not show the track map and only show the standings widget in race sessions.
  • Fixed corrupted UI driver headshot and team logo image items.
  • Fixed timetable continuous refresh in MP race sessions (caused table to be non-responsive when lap-by-lap breakdown requested).
  • Added missing car group indicators for ST & CUP cars on the Timetables page.
  • Drive button now only pulsates during the last 30 seconds of the race session countdown.
  • Broadcast MFD now has standings pages for all available car groups (previously was only GT3/GT4) when in a multiclass session.
  • Improved lapped values for real-time widget to be more consistent.
AUDIO:
  • Spotter end-race position message now respects car groups.
  • Removed splitter gain spotter message for different cars groups.
  • New best lap message removed at the end of first lap.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server: isPrepPhaseLocked now defaults to 0 when not set, allowing clients to join during the preparation phase. Set this line to 1 explicitly in the settings.json to prevent drivers not participating in qualifying from joining before gridding.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Is Laguna Seca special in some way, sorry must be something obvious that I just don't know?

I also particularly appreciate how good AI is in ACC. It is the best AI I have ever seen in a SIM. AI like FFB is very personal, so other might prefer an other flavour, no problem. I almost always race offline, after many, many try with online. In my book, any AI from any SIM that I drive is vastly superior to any human grid, including league but mostly public server, that I have had to “race” with. Race in “” because 99% of the time offline racing is glorified hotlapping, even if you do not participate in the never ending “mandatory “ practice and qualify that are usually longer than the “race “ itself.
Good AI in a SIM is a very important aspect and ACC is very good in that aspect.

It is mind-boggling how you guys just cannot press that multiplayer button, as if you are going to be sucked into hell if you do. You need "time", you need "inclination". You prefer to drive against bots and then you complain they are not the same as humans. "they don't make mistakes!" "they're not fast!" . :speechless:
because Rfactor2 and automobilista have some so good AI that you're not able to know if you race agains real humans or not.
so as we know this is completly possible in other games ,we simply want these kind of AI in our favorite sim ACC, if you don't mind Sir of course

• Deleted member 197115

because Rfactor2 and automobilista have some so good AI that you're not able to know if you race agains real humans or not.
Doesn't matter how good it is, simmers always complain. :)

I'd personally give a nod to R3E on AI implementation. But I am also quite content with ACC AI too.

Very new to this title and enjoying it so far...like every title it has its quirks and you have to adapt to the way it drives.

I prefer racing online as opposed to AI but being new to the title I wanted to get familiar to the game so I decided to start a career which I am 60% complete.
In the evaluation part where it judges your skill and sets up the season, I screwed up alot as I was getting use to the handling so it set me at normal.
Which for the first 5mins was ok than I started figuring it out and I am now lapping 3-5secs a lap faster, no problem I'll up the ai...there's no slider to adjust in the ai in career mode?
Even though while setting up the career it tells me, don't worry you can change any setting throughout your career.
Am I clearly missing something?
From what I've read online you can't and have to restart the career...tho I have read some saying you can alter lines in the json files...saveSettings and champ something which I did 95ai 95 aggressive but I am still 3+ secs faster.

I've tried them in weekend race mode...there not bad but like every other title they can improve, no matter how much you try to believe it they will never be as good as racing humans...if the ai avoids you it's too easy if they ram you your complaining.

Of all the AI's I have tried I really enjoy the first implementations of iRacing and the adaptive ai once set up in Raceroom are fairly good.
RF2, AMS & AMS2 all have similar characteristics, they are fast out of corners do a few blocking moves and battles than 90% of the field lines up on the outside going into a corner where you can pass 5+ vehicles every turn.
What I do enjoy is the fact they acknowledge blue flags.

After a week of playing I would have liked to see a per car ffb or ffb saving setting per car make it into the build.

In regards to mp specifically the quick join option...of the 10 times I've used this option 2 of those times I had no more than 2 other opponents the rest I've been put in empty servers. Is the quick join a waste of time or should I just find open servers to join instead?
Also the competition server what SR is needed to access that option?

Last edited:
so as we know this is completly possible in other games ,we simply want these kind of AI in our favorite sim ACC, if you don't mind Sir of course
Do as you please, sir, but we are not in the 80s, there is internet and multiplayer. Kunos have been putting a lot of effort on a rating system, netcode and CP servers (and not on AI) for a reason. Differently from rF2 and Automobilista, ACC servers are actually pretty well populated and racing is quite decent all around.

Do as you please, sir, but we are not in the 80s, there is internet and multiplayer. Kunos have been putting a lot of effort on a rating system, netcode and CP servers (and not on AI) for a reason. Differently from rF2 and Automobilista, ACC servers are actually pretty well populated and racing is quite decent all around.

A considerable and significant step back IMO. About a year or so ago I was looking at possibly bringing my racing online, however every single game I joined was effectively identical to this:-

This is what happens when you put a bunch meatsacks behind the wheel instead using an intelligent silicon entity.

• Deleted member 241736

As I watch Imola and see the fantastic liveries I thing I cannot choose them for a proper grid in ACC though a few are there. We need custom livery tool and custom grid tool !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back