Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.5.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today dropped the first post V1.5 hotfix to Assetto Corsa Competizione on Stream - bringing a number of fixes and updates to the simulation.
  • First update following big V1.5 build launch.
  • Improvements to multiclass MFD options.
  • Onscreen timing widget improvements.
Assetto Corsa Competizione | GT Pack DLC Review: Click Here.

A first new hotfix, complete with both changes and tweaks, has been deployed to Assetto Corsa Competizione following the release of the V1.5 build and the mighty GT4 Pack DLC cars.

As has become usual practice following large core updates to ACC, the hotfix is a pretty sizeable one, and has been deployed in response to a few issues that cropped up within the sim over the days since V1.5 released back on Wednesday of last week.

ACC Hotfix 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Introducing The GT4 Cars: Click Here.

Chief amongst the changes for 1.5.1 is some welcome tweaking to the the way multi-class racing is represented in the on screen HUD within the title. With 1.5 now introducing the possibility to host multi-class events online, featuring both GT3 and GT4 cars as well as the new ST and Cup classifications, Kunos have reworked the onboard MFD and HUD functionality to better inform drivers where they stand within their respective class - something I for one very much welcome.

Other changes that specifically relate to racing with varied classes include some audio tweaks with respect to your specific class positioning, broadcast resources and timetable changes, amongst other items detailed in the change log below.

ACC Header.jpg

v1.5.1 changelog

GRAPHICS:

• Fixed steering wheel display not hiding on the Alpine A110 GT4 when the steering wheel is set to hidden.
  • Minor updates to the 2020 WRT liveries.
  • Minor corrections on the BMW M4 GT4 custom designs.
UI:
  • MFD while in multi-class sessions will now contain an extra standings page filtered to the currently viewed car's car class.
  • HUD position indicator in multi-class sessions now shows the position in a car's class and a secondary indicator shows overall position.
  • Intro sequences for singleplayer sessions now do not show the track map and only show the standings widget in race sessions.
  • Fixed corrupted UI driver headshot and team logo image items.
  • Fixed timetable continuous refresh in MP race sessions (caused table to be non-responsive when lap-by-lap breakdown requested).
  • Added missing car group indicators for ST & CUP cars on the Timetables page.
  • Drive button now only pulsates during the last 30 seconds of the race session countdown.
  • Broadcast MFD now has standings pages for all available car groups (previously was only GT3/GT4) when in a multiclass session.
  • Improved lapped values for real-time widget to be more consistent.
AUDIO:
  • Spotter end-race position message now respects car groups.
  • Removed splitter gain spotter message for different cars groups.
  • New best lap message removed at the end of first lap.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server: isPrepPhaseLocked now defaults to 0 when not set, allowing clients to join during the preparation phase. Set this line to 1 explicitly in the settings.json to prevent drivers not participating in qualifying from joining before gridding.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
The AI on all games, needs to make mistakes, maybe an "overdrive" random factor, how about opening up an API for AI Personalities, people could then tweak the AI or let it "learn" from real players and replicate how the approach a track... Just ideas...
it's what the iRacing AI does, you can set a number of parameters for each individual car and then parameters for the field as a whole. once you have that dialled in (couple of races), it's magic. plus you can put four or five different types of cars on one grid and do races with 40+ AI or more (haven't tried out how many).
Not that I ever use this little gem much, I stick to online with iRacing, but they have really done their homework.
That said, a full grid of GT3s at Suzuka in ACC is awesome, too!

It is mind-boggling how you guys just cannot press that multiplayer button, as if you are going to be sucked into hell if you do. You need "time", you need "inclination". You prefer to drive against bots and then you complain they are not the same as humans. "they don't make mistakes!" "they're not fast!" . :speechless:

I have iRacing for multiplayer and i'm a big fan of having multiplayer races where there is a protest system to eliminate poor behavior. Unless you're in a private league, this is hard to accomplish with ACC.

ACC is great though and it would be my favorite sim despite the cars not being my favorite (GT3 and GT4) if it wasn't for the poor AI.

It is mind-boggling how you guys just cannot press that multiplayer button, as if you are going to be sucked into hell if you do. You need "time", you need "inclination". You prefer to drive against bots and then you complain they are not the same as humans. "they don't make mistakes!" "they're not fast!" . :speechless:
Dear guidofoc, it would be amazing for me to play in an online league, but I have mixed shifts at work, and I like to go to gym, hang out with friends etc... I don't like to have just 1 race (did that in GT Sport for some time and got bored easily), and probably getting smoked because I don't have the right setup and stuff. Furthermore, max FPS I can achieve is a really stable 35fps and rocking a G29, maybe not the best against the 120fps Fanatec geared driver... It's just a matter of taste.

Not that I'm one complaining about the AI, I think it's already great but here are 13 pages of reasons why some of us don't press that multiplayer button ;)

Thank you Kunos for the GT4....

Now for my wish list for single player:
Multi class for single player. We've got a multi-class series in the International GT so it makes sense.

A.I. teammates that can take over on longer races for a stint like Gran Turismo had. I believe the A.I. lap time was just a tick slower than the real player's average lap time.

The Mustang GT4. You're going to need it if the British GT4 series is next.

Thank you.

Totally OT, but I'm just crazy in love with that Porsche painting on top pic in OP :inlove:
Even though I'm a purist and don't like commercial paintings, especially not at the Lamborghinis.
But for me, the above works just perfect on the Porsche :)

Sorry :sneaky:

Multiplayer is just useless for me, I like to pause a race and make a cup of coffee. Until they implement a game feature that helps with this I’m sticking with single player
the challenge of racing multiplayer is exactly that. you can't pause, you can't restart, you gotta build stamina to endure the race length and keep your mind focused, etc. almost like real life racing, you know.

You can drive super fast, open a gap of 5 minutes in 20 laps, then do a 5-minute pit stop for a cup of coffee. Or, you can hire someone to drive for you while you drink coffee. Or, you can pause the server for everybody and tell them you need a cup of coffee. I am sure they'll understand.

Best way to increase my lap times ;).

To those who think the AI in ACC is ok then I would really recommend picking up a relatively recent F1. That'll show you what an AI really should be. Hell even the AI in the original AC embarrasses ACC.

At the start the AI in ACC was brilliant. It would race, defend, make mistakes and generally behave more human like. However it would appear that a loud group of "sim-racers" complained that they would get a nudge or two from the AI and they didn't like it because it spoilt their overtaking session.

Kunos listened and got in touch with the guys from Train Simulator, made a deal, and implemented the Train Simulator AI in ACC.

Last edited:
To those who think the AI in ACC is ok then I would really recommend picking up a relatively recent F1. That'll show you what an AI really should be. Hell even the AI in the original AC embarrasses ACC.

At the start the AI in ACC was brilliant. It would race, defend, make mistakes and generally behave more human like. However it would appear that a loud group of "sim-racers" complained that they would get a nudge or two from the AI and they didn't like it because it spoilt their overtaking session.

Kunos listened and got in touch with the guys from Train Simulator, made a deal, and implemented the Train Simulator AI in ACC.

You mean like this????

I cringe every time i hear someone saying the AI was brilliant back then. Btw this isn't my video but I stopped racing Monza and Zolder during that time because of this exact same reason.
I'm sorry, that is not a nudge or two.
It might be human like in the sense of multiplayer divebombing, I'll give you that. I'd rather keep the one we have atm, thank you very much

• Deleted member 197115

So you would prefer to be rear ended all the times?
I personally don't experience "train simulator" but nice, mutually respected "gentlemen fight" with AI, when each knows when to fight and when to yield. Things I'd expect to see in professional racing too.
You can see plenty of "rubbing is racing" in FM7 and Grid Autosport, but I don't think most simmers are after that sort of experience.

Couldn´t agree more. I just gave up.

For a sunday driving I would pick another kind of game. ACC AI is just terrible.

Not that I'm one complaining about the AI, I think it's already great but here are 13 pages of reasons why some of us don't press that multiplayer button ;)

I understand, and I did not mean to be offensive. But ACC has one advantage compared to other sims, and that is a good number of concurrent players on multiplayer servers (at least during European hours) with a decent rating system, and all for free. Other sim racing titles do not have this privilege: either they have empty servers or no rating system to keep people civilized, or you have to pay. So I really think you guys are missing one of the core advantages of ACC. Having said that, better AI is surely a good thing to have.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%