Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.3.3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to download.

Build 1.3.3, is available to download the next time players restart their Steam clients, and comes complete with a number of fixes and improvements to the simulation, based on feedback and testing since the major 1.3 update released back on February 4th.

ACC V1.3.3 Update Notes:

GENERAL:

• Fixed frame drops after a set amount of sessions, causing lower performance after multiple sessions for some users.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed AI tyre wear in saved games.
  • Fixed a bug related to track surfaces when loading a saved game resulting in pitstop and stint timer issues.
  • Cutting last chicane in Suzuka now invalidates the next lap.
  • Cutting last chicane in Suzuka during the first lap after a short formation lap will now trigger the penalty as intended.
  • 12H race weekend game mode now has a limit of 15 tyresets.
  • Fixed a bug with Superpole game mode, allowing the player to set more than 2 fast laps.
  • Wrong lap remaining value corrected for SG penalty for pitlane speeding.
GRAPHICS
  • Fixed numberplate appearence in gallery replays of MP sessions.
  • Suzuka reflection map position update to remove unwanted green tint.
UI/HUD:
  • Audiocomms text message category and priority tweaks.
  • ECU setting changes (TC, ABS etc.) now have their own race comms category.
  • Time multiplier is now displayed in session summary page both in SP and MP.
  • Added Championship replay category.
  • Updates to driver stint messages and message behaviour.
PHYSICS:
  • NSX engine power adjustments.
  • Mount Panorama grip adjustments.
  • Suzuka asphalt abrasivity (tyre degradation) adjustments.
  • Fix for occasional setup corruption that caused a broken car state.
  • Fixed car spawn issues in certain conditions.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server result.json now writes metaData, serverName and sessionType as intended.
  • Fixed an incompability with the allowAutoDQ setting, causing post race penalties not being applied when enabled.
  • Re-enabled driver stint time and total driving time rules for non-public MP.
  • Re-enabled isRaceLocked, so joining races can be allowed again.
  • Client should now handle all disconnect scenarios properly.
  • Various improvements for driver swaps and spectator mode:
  • Stint and driving time rules now work reliably in swap situations.
  • Mandatory pit stop rules now work reliably in swap situations.
  • Penalties now transfer correctly across clients in swap situations.
  • Prevented server misconfiguration that led to join order relevance.
  • Missing mandatory state update after swaps corrected.
  • Tyre compound, pressure and brake strategies transfer reliably in swap situations.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from adjusted pressures when selecting wet tyres in the MFD on track.
  • Pit crew visibility fixed for spectating client.
  • Fixed swap widget disappearing for some players in multi-car sessions.
NOTE: due to changes affecting physics and track limits, the leaderboards of Special Events #55 and #57 will be reset.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

ACC Hotix 1.3.3.jpg

I think this is the most important factor. How AI is doing relatively to MY car. I can't imagine someone watch a full AI race for 3, 6, 12 hours. Why do this ???? If I want to watch racing, IRL it is plenty ;)
Really doesn't matter what AI do on the track when I'm not there. From my part they even can vanish away if are at more then 10 seconds from my car. There is absolutely no importance how they overtake EACHOTHER as long they overtake me, or I can overtake them safely after a good few laps battle.
And I'm pretty sure if they make the AI "smarter" (all grid of 30-60) this will cost me my processor power. NO THANKS !!! Make smart only the 10 around me and I'm very pleased.

So basically you wanna play Enduro, alright then.

Still needs a ton of optimization as its awful in VR... rtx 2080ti, i7 9700k struggles.

I know this may be useless but... what HMD are you using? My PC is not as powerful as yours and I run ACC on VR. Could it be better? Sure! But its far from "awful". I wish people stopped using this kind of adjetives, because it makes potential buyers go away.

Edit: actually nevermind, I see you are trying to get 90FPS locked. Tough luck, I don't think you will be able to do it. When I was looking for substitutes to my aging CV1, I considered all the existing HMDs, but I ended getting the Rift-S, because... ASW.

Last edited:
I know this may be useless but... what HMD are you using? My PC is not as powerful as yours and I run ACC on VR. Could it be better? Sure! But its far from "awful". I wish people stopped using this kind of adjetives, because it makes potential buyers go away.

If it's an Oculus HMD then they've been broken on the standard releases since just before Christmas - I'm running a clean i9 9900K and an RTX 2080 Ti system, and in all truthfulness you can count the frames in ACC and a number of other UE games in VR.

However moving to the PTC (beta) releases seems to have helped immensely, but they're still not there.

Honestly, I'm at the point of giving up with Oculus and going for an HP Reverb instead.

It seems like from what I have read that Rift users seem to have better performance than Index/SteamVR users. Might have a lot to with Oculus's AWS working better than Valve's motion smoothing. I still have my Rift S but haven't tried it with ACC since I built my new machine as I didn't wan the Oculus software on there. Might have to give it a try though.

If it's an Oculus HMD then they've been broken on the standard releases since just before Christmas - I'm running a clean i9 9900K and an RTX 2080 Ti system, and in all truthfulness you can count the frames in ACC and a number of other UE games in VR.

However moving to the PTC (beta) releases seems to have helped immensely, but they're still not there.

Honestly, I'm at the point of giving up with Oculus and going for an HP Reverb instead.

Hmmmm, I am using the beta of Oculus and honestly I can't tell if I have lost some performance compared to what I had before the infamous broken build. Could be but I can't really say.

I think the AI has gotten worse somehow. It used to be great, but now it's forgotten how to overtake (even if you spin, it trains behind you!). It's unfortunate but I'm sure they'll fix it.

p.s. I am an enormous fanboy of ACC, so it pains me to say this.

I think this is the most important factor. How AI is doing relatively to MY car. I can't imagine someone watch a full AI race for 3, 6, 12 hours. Why do this ???? If I want to watch racing, IRL it is plenty ;)
Really doesn't matter what AI do on the track when I'm not there. From my part they even can vanish away if are at more then 10 seconds from my car. There is absolutely no importance how they overtake EACHOTHER as long they overtake me, or I can overtake them safely after a good few laps battle.
And I'm pretty sure if they make the AI "smarter" (all grid of 30-60) this will cost me my processor power. NO THANKS !!! Make smart only the 10 around me and I'm very pleased.

This does not make sense at all. If you're racing offline it is important for other cars to race for postions because ultimately, it comes down to points. If I know in a race a particular AI car is moving up the field, it adds to the excitment - especially if they already have a high number of points in a championship.

Computer these days are more than capable of supporting AI at these numbers - it is simply just the logic that is flawed in this game.

Edit: Also you say that the AI is capable of taking over the player but this is not true in most circumstances, they're quite dumb..

Now with the current state of racing game AI I wouldn't watch an endurance race with AI opponents either (aside from the lack of commentary). But I disagree that there is "absolutely no importance" on how AI overtake each other, it directly influences race results. Different cars, skills, behaviour, strategies. Everything the AI does is important and influences the outcome of a race. If you don't care about the rest of the field and rather have it not simulated at all why race at all?

If you don't care about the rest of the field and rather have it not simulated at all why race at all?
Well, I don't care the rest of the field. They are AI. This is a simracing for me not for them. I race for pure pleasure of driving those beautiful cars, which I can't drive IRL. I race single player to learn the car, the track, to learn how to drive door to door, in preparation for online racing.
I don't play single player championship, BUT, even for those that play I don't understand why matter how the AI pass each other when they are out of my sight. And why it is important which AI finish first??? It is a computer driver, it is a piece of software. And in the end it is pure aleatory. They don't have skills :confused: for them it is like lottery. The main reason for the existence of the AI it is for ME to race with THEM.

What i find interesting is the similarity in the VR performance between ACC and Dirt 2 (steam version)... both on UE.... both struggle in VR... however, the oculus store version of Dirt 2 is fantastic... makes me suspect that this could be an UE/ steam VR issue. Hope they can fix.

This information is horribly outdated and misleading, the open VR (steam) version performs no less than the oculus version of DR 2.0. They fixed it so about a month after it's release.

It was awful on release, on my 9700k 2080ti, they fixed it and i sang it's praises and bought the DLC's

ACC also improved a lot when they optimized the CPU, got rid of the join lags and introduced the presets. I run it on the Index at 120hz, and it glides at 60-70fps on full field AI and multi without any visual stutters on the VR epic setting, the native res of Index is the perfect sweet spot on clarity not to have to push pixel density or super sampling.

Nailing my colours to the mast, I race as Des (surname) VR. While not the greatest in the world, i'm sure there's been a few people that have either been at the front or back of me than can attest to the fact run pretty well and fair.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.