Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.3.3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to download.

Build 1.3.3, is available to download the next time players restart their Steam clients, and comes complete with a number of fixes and improvements to the simulation, based on feedback and testing since the major 1.3 update released back on February 4th.

ACC V1.3.3 Update Notes:

GENERAL:

• Fixed frame drops after a set amount of sessions, causing lower performance after multiple sessions for some users.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed AI tyre wear in saved games.
  • Fixed a bug related to track surfaces when loading a saved game resulting in pitstop and stint timer issues.
  • Cutting last chicane in Suzuka now invalidates the next lap.
  • Cutting last chicane in Suzuka during the first lap after a short formation lap will now trigger the penalty as intended.
  • 12H race weekend game mode now has a limit of 15 tyresets.
  • Fixed a bug with Superpole game mode, allowing the player to set more than 2 fast laps.
  • Wrong lap remaining value corrected for SG penalty for pitlane speeding.
GRAPHICS
  • Fixed numberplate appearence in gallery replays of MP sessions.
  • Suzuka reflection map position update to remove unwanted green tint.
UI/HUD:
  • Audiocomms text message category and priority tweaks.
  • ECU setting changes (TC, ABS etc.) now have their own race comms category.
  • Time multiplier is now displayed in session summary page both in SP and MP.
  • Added Championship replay category.
  • Updates to driver stint messages and message behaviour.
PHYSICS:
  • NSX engine power adjustments.
  • Mount Panorama grip adjustments.
  • Suzuka asphalt abrasivity (tyre degradation) adjustments.
  • Fix for occasional setup corruption that caused a broken car state.
  • Fixed car spawn issues in certain conditions.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server result.json now writes metaData, serverName and sessionType as intended.
  • Fixed an incompability with the allowAutoDQ setting, causing post race penalties not being applied when enabled.
  • Re-enabled driver stint time and total driving time rules for non-public MP.
  • Re-enabled isRaceLocked, so joining races can be allowed again.
  • Client should now handle all disconnect scenarios properly.
  • Various improvements for driver swaps and spectator mode:
  • Stint and driving time rules now work reliably in swap situations.
  • Mandatory pit stop rules now work reliably in swap situations.
  • Penalties now transfer correctly across clients in swap situations.
  • Prevented server misconfiguration that led to join order relevance.
  • Missing mandatory state update after swaps corrected.
  • Tyre compound, pressure and brake strategies transfer reliably in swap situations.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from adjusted pressures when selecting wet tyres in the MFD on track.
  • Pit crew visibility fixed for spectating client.
  • Fixed swap widget disappearing for some players in multi-car sessions.
NOTE: due to changes affecting physics and track limits, the leaderboards of Special Events #55 and #57 will be reset.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

ACC Hotix 1.3.3.jpg

Anyone have some config tweaks or similar for ACC regarding graphics/performance? Running triple screen and even on low the graphics is pushed hard and get really hot. Im doing basically medium across the board which make it look worse than rF2 but still losing FPS and running hot. Thought maybe there is some tweaks you guys have found out. Of course not many run triple screen so it might not be a problem to many.

Check out this thread https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/

Any game with a good AI you can recommend?

(not sarcastic, just not too much exposure to other games)

The F1 games, especially from 2017 onwards, have probably the best AI in business. They race one another as well as you, and they screw up from time to time, making unforced errors and locking the wheels.

I've found that the original AC has some good AI which are prone to making mistakes and will race you as opposed to just giving up once you're half way past them.

R3E is said to have some of the most aggressive AI there is, although whether that makes them good will be down to personal opinion.

Any game with a good AI you can recommend?

(not sarcastic, just not too much exposure to other games)

This is an excellent question, but I'm afraid I will have to disappoint you ever so slightly. I've tested the likes of AC, ACC, AMS, Raceroom, RFactor 2 and iRacing for many hundreds of hours and out of all the simulators I've played, there are only 2 credible choices for offline racing.

Those are iRacing and RFactor 2.

Why? Well, as it stands currently, I would say that the iRacing AI is considered the most technology advanced. I haven't personally played it myself, but from all of the footage I have been studying online over the past month or two, this will lead the market in terms of artificial intelligence. Not only does both single class and mutli-class racing look impressive in terms of the logic, it also has elements of strategic logic, pit skill, driver personalties, etc. It's basically an offline players dream, as you will be able to replicate real life endurance racing - where cars actually have intelligence and race you and other AI.

You've also got RFactor 2 - which is ultimately my second choice. The RFactor 2 AI logic is actually really good, but it does have it's shortcomings. Them being - it has an overtake logic flaw whereby cars will get stuck behind each other and start to intermtitently break rather than pass the car. Unfortuiantely this is a real immersion killer, so for now, it is best to stay away from tracks that have long straights. The AI logic seem to do well in corners and roads that are angled though! You can also adjust the properties of drivers (giving them personalities and names).

Unfortuantely I had to cut it short due to time but rest assured, these are the two best choices for now (although I am sure there are other games that I haven't played that do well).

I've reinstalled ACC after the release of the DLC but I've deleted every remains of the previous install first. To my biggest surprise it ran pretty well out of the box. Then I've copied the altered custom engine.ini from the VR related thread here at RD and it improved the experience even further, while the image quality is pretty close to AC quality (which is good news)

The funny thing is I have a Ryzen 5 1600 and a GTX 1070.

Edit: here's the link to the thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/
Search for the engine.ini by @fabhdz

Thanks for that... will give it a try.

I have no Issues at all with GTX 1080 / R7 3700X / Oculus Rift CV1.
Must Settings are on High, some like Bloom are on Mid. I have 1.5x Resolution Scaling enabled and have steady 90FPS with 15 AI in Daylight.

Unfortunately that has not been my experience. Having most settings on high result in a blurry jittery re-projection mess. To run at a constant 90fps, i have to turn most settings to low which makes it look awful.
My point of reference/comparison is to the VR performance of iracing, rfactor2 and assetto corsa which all run great. My headset is the odyssey+
Convinced i am doing something wrong... Gonna try the recommendations that Vilmos posted along with a clean install.

as for AI: it was more aggressive before but has been toned down because folks posted vids of AI really doing stupid crashes / shunts in the breakzone and with SA handed out offline as well (though you can turn that off now) people were really not happy. I praised the AI before it was changed, now I sahre your criticism, it has become rather muted, only time they ever considered giving me a shunt was on top of the mountain, but I have picked up a little speed there, so that problem has been solved.

as for AI: it was more aggressive before but has been toned down because folks posted vids of AI really doing stupid crashes / shunts in the breakzone and with SA handed out offline as well (though you can turn that off now) people were really not happy. I praised the AI before it was changed, now I sahre your criticism, it has become rather muted, only time they ever considered giving me a shunt was on top of the mountain, but I have picked up a little speed there, so that problem has been solved.
It was always bad, the only difference is that before it would kill you lol.

I'm in the "easily pleased" camp then. :D
But have to test the AI again after the recent updates.
Saying it was crap from the start.....well....but easily better than the logic of some opponents on public servers I have to say. :roflmao:

I'm in the "easily pleased" camp then. :D
But have to test the AI again after the recent updates.
Saying it was crap from the start.....well....but easily better than the logic of some opponents on public servers I have to say. :roflmao:

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with the line the AI are taking but if AI is unable to overtake, then what is the point of offline racing.

Faster cars cannot even overtake slower traffic either... It's all broken.

@Anomalistics: No offense taken, didn't want to offend as well. :thumbsup:

Maybe me coming from the stone age of computing don't have much expectation for artificial intelligence in games. :roflmao:
Being a casual gamer, I'm normally not bored by the AI at all. If I set aggro to 70-90% they want to overtake me badly at every corner I make just the slightest of errors, keeping me busy.

But you are right, a little more overtaking would be preferred, making it more lively and believable. I hate the stack up at hairpins, queuing up every so often where they could try to overtake, take alternate lines, etc.
But then again, I couldn't care less what the AI is doing around me two cars ahead or in the back. ;)

I have to say though, that I saw AI overtake another AI at the end of the back straight of Barcelona frequently. That was before the more recent updates however. Not sure if that changed.

They probably will, but people like that are easily pleased. It's actually quite astonishing how people imply the AC AI is 'good' yet from two consistent tests, I have basically discovered that the offline racing part of the game is redundant.

Don't get me wrong - I like ACC, in fact, I love it... but the logic for the AI is the worst I have seen for any game.

Have to agree with this. AI seem incapable of overtaking, even when it's a back marker moving over to let at faster car through.

Would also love to see mechanicals affecting AI as well as your own car.

Will Kunos ever fix the broken Endurance -races from Championship mode ??:thumbsdown:
I have the feeling of wasted tons of hours with this game. Sorry but i am not interested only in single evans, hotlapping and unlucky i have no time for multiplayer.
Will just delete the game soon :cry:

The AI is indeed a bit wonky at overtaking...just ran a race where I ran out of fuel after the last corner...this is Suzuka after the chicane...AI proceeds to follow behind me for about 10 seconds as I rolled towards the front straight...Suzuka is pretty wide especially in that section. We're the last two guys, there's no approaching traffic for it to worry about.

Love everything else, but that needs to be addressed.

Unfortunately that has not been my experience. Having most settings on high result in a blurry jittery re-projection mess. To run at a constant 90fps, i have to turn most settings to low which makes it look awful.
My point of reference/comparison is to the VR performance of iracing, rfactor2 and assetto corsa which all run great. My headset is the odyssey+
Convinced i am doing something wrong... Gonna try the recommendations that Vilmos posted along with a clean install.
Well those points of reference are about 6-12 year old, and you are running them with todays hardware, that's why UE pales in comparison. And need a lot of tweaking and testing

but rest assured, these are the two best choices for now

A recommendation from some one that admittedly in the same post has not tried one of the choice he recommends, that never gets old.
be sure we will take your recommendation seriously. :roflmao:

About ACC AI, perfect? no, but damn good.
The best I have ever driven against, but, full disclosure, like anomalistic, I have not driven against IRacing AI either, but I have in all other sims.:)

Well those points of reference are about 6-12 year old, and you are running them with todays hardware, that's why UE pales in comparison. And need a lot of tweaking and testing

What i find interesting is the similarity in the VR performance between ACC and Dirt 2 (steam version)... both on UE.... both struggle in VR... however, the oculus store version of Dirt 2 is fantastic... makes me suspect that this could be an UE/ steam VR issue. Hope they can fix.

A recommendation from some one that admittedly in the same post has not tried one of the choice he recommends, that never gets old.
be sure we will take your recommendation seriously. :roflmao:

About ACC AI, perfect? no, but damn good.
The best I have ever driven against, but, full disclosure, like anomalistic, I have not driven against IRacing AI either, but I have in all other sims.:)

I have been studying iRacing AI for some time. All you have to do is see videos of it, in particular multiclass racing and how this will apply to other classes.

None of this material can be seen in ACC - even when I test it. Is it so hard to understand? :)

But then again, I couldn't care less what the AI is doing around me two cars ahead or in the back.
I think this is the most important factor. How AI is doing relatively to MY car. I can't imagine someone watch a full AI race for 3, 6, 12 hours. Why do this ???? If I want to watch racing, IRL it is plenty ;)
Really doesn't matter what AI do on the track when I'm not there. From my part they even can vanish away if are at more then 10 seconds from my car. There is absolutely no importance how they overtake EACHOTHER as long they overtake me, or I can overtake them safely after a good few laps battle.
And I'm pretty sure if they make the AI "smarter" (all grid of 30-60) this will cost me my processor power. NO THANKS !!! Make smart only the 10 around me and I'm very pleased.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back