Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 1.0.2 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix.jpg

A new Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix has been released - adding build stability and VR improvements amongst others.

The latest build of Assetto Corsa Competizione recently released to Steam, and with it comes a selection of fixes and improvements identified during the recent V1 release of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation.

ACC and SRO Podcast special - Tune in HERE.

ACC V1.0.2 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
  • This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
  • Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
  • Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mod
  • Improved general .json encoding system
  • Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player). NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
  • Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
  • Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
  • Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
  • Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
  • Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
  • Updated controller presets.
  • Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
  • Fixes to game stability.
  • Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
  • Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
  • Added option to customize weather for championship rounds. NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
  • Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
  • Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
  • Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
  • More straightforward session-end
  • Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
  • Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.
UI
  • Added mouse input in VR
  • Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
  • Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
  • Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.
AUDIO:
  • Audio communications optimization.
GRAPHICS:
  • Added another AA method
  • Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
  • Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
  • Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
  • Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
  • Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
  • Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
  • Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
  • Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
  • Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
  • Backend systems performance improvements.
  • Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
  • Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
  • Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.
PHYSICS & FFB:
  • Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa
  • Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa
  • Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs ( it seems from the original AC)to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".
Anyone have tested it? please tell me miracles still exist:D
I've tested it. It probably depends on your wheel. I have a G27, and it is another world now. Soooo much better.
Finally i know what the car is doing, i feel way better the small movements, slips etc.

Hmmmm
Firstly English speaking forum, it's in the TOS

Secondly going on about garbage with regards to the updated 1.0.2 of this fine sim is hardly the way to induce assistance with your wheel. I'd search online first to seek settings. Or just return everything to default and see how that feels as my Fanatec CSW V1, an ageing piece of racing hardware works just fine without any LUT changes of any kind.

First .
hi maybe trash is not the most appropriate word, but it seems very wrong that in my opinion the most important thing is the physical and the ffb are still unfinished, so my opinion is that in that aspect is very deficioente, since I have released the complete game and in my opinion a very big deficiency or garbage.
but I apologize if I do not use a very cultured vocabulary.
in second.
I am 15 years old in this and tired of setting up a steering wheel.
I'm glad that for you your fanatec works well with the basic configuration, I need to have a perfect ffb to enjoy if not in every curb bump or braking I'm losing time and that bothers me a lot.
in 1.0.1 after 2 weeks and use a program and got that ffb that I need now I will not spend another 2 weeks to change it again.
Greetings and thanks for your opinion
i'm use ts-pc

surely those who use ac have the configuration of lut well, but those who do not use it this is new and can not base a ffb in a previous game for me it is a delay and not an advance, the most painful thing is that they launch the game and Do not have well-configured profiles or a post with each flyer as you have to put it to work properly. and the worst is that in the second patch completely change that operation.
Surely with the lut you can get a good ffb but I have tried barias configurations and I do not give with that ffb I am quite demanding with that so much with the physics so as I said I ask for help for some guru to pass me a decent configuration because I, what I have achieved is quite deficient and I do not want to spend another 2 weeks trying and trying.

At Paul Ricard 46 cars been within 2,8 seconds and 40 within 1,9 while 3 cars had problems during qualifying (P 47-49). The races are quite close at the front, so P1 to P15, while everything behind that start to spread after a few hours
It just seems in game in quali there is quite a large time difference, but from what others have said is normal to see those differences.

Thurstmaster T300 + Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on (using "Advanced mode" in the T300 profiler)

Three updates.. Still without a preset for my T300.
In the Early access versions everything was perfectly recognized.
After release v1.0, v1.0.1 and now v1.0.2 my wheel it is detected in the ACC, but without presets. Everything without configuring or assigning... everything. Even the Force Feedback,
by default all to zero. That's ridiculous, beacause is the only game i have problems like this.
Jesus.. I installed and played GTR2 this morning and my T300 has been completely detected.
In each ACC update I have installed the game from scratch.
But nothing. Seriously, the game works great for me in terms of performance, much better than the Early access. But I would like to know why, after leaving that Early access, my steering wheel has no presets...
and I am not the only one.
And yes, latest drivers and firmware ..
And yes, i know i can create a manual preset in game..

Regards

I've tested it. It probably depends on your wheel. I have a G27, and it is another world now. Soooo much better.
Finally i know what the car is doing, i feel way better the small movements, slips etc.

Same here, G27 too, much better feeling around the center position and when the car is on the limit of grip.

I don't think it's placebo, I lapped Zolder 0.5 secs faster only testing the new FFB provided by the generated LUT.

ok fully tested the hotfix.
well for the first time i've felt a significant improvement in vr. just being able to use a mouse it's ridiculous to say what a revelation it is but it feels so nice to have that in the menu. At times i still have to use a keyboard because the menu has some quirks with the scroll wheel but alas it's not a big deal im sure that will be fixed.
There is still the same issue of the menu cutting into 3d objects ie the car interior at the start pretty sure they will fix this though along with assigning recentre to a button.
Performance seems ok i tweaked alot the last version & improved it & this seems the same.
Personally i feel there is much less pixel crawl especially on the fences, do i imagine this? maybe, but it feels much cleaner in TAA around fences in this version. The new AA mode i couldn't test properly as it has that weird thing going on when you move your hmd it changes the AA like it switches AA off when you move your head. This was evident in the last patch i don't understand what is causing it but at least TAA is working ok.
The game is still on the blurry side though & also there is a weird element of flatness in this game it's really hard to describe, almost on the edges of textures & objects. sometimes i wonder if this is complementary colours ie grey/blue against primary green, if you look at any impressionist painting you will see this contrast effect could cause confusion of depth. But tbh it might not be that at all & i've not seen anyone else complain about it.
All that aside i'm really enjoying the racing, i'm not a big gt3 fan i like cars but you know some people are gt3 fanboys & to me its another race car so this series is a bit of a harder sell to the likes of me. But i'm enjoying the ffb & handling it just feels natural to me & yeah i will say that i feel i know what the car is doing more than any other sim. it allows me to get into the zone drive fast to the edge of traction & race.
The weather is also really very good imo considering the pile of w@nk that pcars2 gave us(sorry a bit harsh), i've not tested rfactor2s weather yet but waiting for that UI for years this will do me for now, sure there is work to do, things to tweak but i think they captured it pretty well.
So really i hope they can get more out of that gfx engine i'm a bit more hopeful as i feel progress made in the hotfix & probably much to learn with the engine. But i've gone from a none recommend to almost recommend in steam.

possible...

but not my issue.

EDIT: lol, love the disagrees...so.... what? you telling me it IS my issue?

I can confirm for you, categorically, it really isn't my issue or my concern.

Are you upset because you want me to be concerned about things that are not a concern to me, but im not concerned? (overuse of "concern" intended....for, you know...comic effect)

That being the case, its not really something you can agree or disagree with really is it? and by doing so, you're simply showing either your idiocy, or your petulance.

Maybe both..who knows?
I think perhaps people are just disagreeing as there is no upset or confused smiley.
You don't seem to have any compassion for your sim racing brethren which may have upset some people.
Not me, as I can categorically state that I am not concerned at all with your lack of concern for others that are less well endowed in the wallet as you elude to be. ;)

I think perhaps people are just disagreeing as there is no upset or confused smiley.
You don't seem to have any compassion for your sim racing brethren which may have upset some people.
Not me, as I can categorically state that I am not concerned at all with your lack of concern for others that are less well endowed in the wallet as you elude to be. ;)

well, I didn't ask you for an explanation, im actually not an idiot...…..(not even sure why you decided you must, the quote was you I guess, but its easy to see who disagrees...), but cool. whatever, clearly one post of text draws out my feeling and thoughts towards all life on earth etc etc yadda yadda....im so transparent...

I must say though, I have noticed from a lot of your posts that you seem to feel you are the gatekeeper of simracing and indeed this site, etc so....yeah, I guess this entitles you to some form of unwarranted opinion or slight on whatever I "elude" to or indeed have and how I interact with one or two other randoms,

if only your odd sentiment of "hey were all on the same side here aren't we" would spill out in to the other threads where many "brethren" are at each others throats.

I also guess, that on the occasion when YOU disagree with whomever "disagrees" with a post of yours and edit in a little response its fine.....youre allowed, with no expected "witty retort"

needed to try and get a burn in though didn't we...and make sure everyone knew how much you cared about how little you cared.

bit of unwarranted white knighting, cant beat it...….another for the ignore list

Last edited:
Still having an issue when i load game in VR . I have to control+space to recenter VR image . It does not auto center .This is happening before i get to the U.I menu.
It's always been sketchy binded to buttons. When you start the game or in menus you have to hold it for like 3sec or so and it will centre. When you're driving they improved it a bit but it recentres a second after to release the button not press of the button so keep your head straight after you let go. Sounds strange but see if that works.

Last edited:
The game is still on the blurry side though & also there is a weird element of flatness in this game it's really hard to describe, almost on the edges of textures & objects. sometimes i wonder if this is complementary colours ie grey/blue against primary green, if you look at any impressionist painting you will see this contrast effect could cause confusion of depth. But tbh it might not be that at all & i've not seen anyone else complain about it.
There's something unnatural, but I cannot put my finger on it either. Just looks somehow weird compared to other VR titles. And I don't recall having this feeling on the last EA version, but that might just be my fading memory.

well, I didn't ask you for an explanation, im actually not an idiot...…..(not even sure why you decided you must, the quote was you I guess, but its easy to see who disagrees...), but cool. whatever, clearly one post of text draws out my feeling and thoughts towards all life on earth etc etc yadda yadda....im so transparent...

I must say though, I have noticed from a lot of your posts that you seem to feel you are the gatekeeper of simracing and indeed this site, etc so....yeah, I guess this entitles you to some form of unwarranted opinion or slight on whatever I "elude" to or indeed have and how I interact with one or two other randoms,

if only your odd sentiment of "hey were all on the same side here aren't we" would spill out in to the other threads where many "brethren" are at each others throats.

I also guess, that on the occasion when YOU disagree with whomever "disagrees" with a post of yours and edit in a little response its fine.....youre allowed, with no expected "witty retort"

needed to try and get a burn in though didn't we...and make sure everyone knew how much you cared about how little you cared.

bit of unwarranted white knighting, cant beat it...….another for the ignore list
Chill Winston

There's something unnatural, but I cannot put my finger on it either. Just looks somehow weird compared to other VR titles. And I don't recall having this feeling on the last EA version, but that might just be my fading memory.

Yeah the last EA ran great and looked crisper. I suspect when they chose to re-write the code and upgrade to a newer UE version (which they mentioned should help VR in the long run) it set them back a bit for VR. It feels to me at least like an earlier EA version in VR minus some of the graphical glitches, some are still present.

I'm being patient, they obviously know and are working on it, keeping in mind they're going to use UE in AC2 I don't think we have anything to worry about in the long run. Hopefully they use Nvidia single pass VR which I thought was implemented in UE (may be mistaken), RTX ray tracing will come at some point so that could help with performance (possibly resource hog mirrors ¿), Fingers crossed on DLSS if that even works in VR, that **** it insane, and jaw dropping if you've played a game that uses it, it's mind blowing!

People keep blaming UE which I don't get, I'm a huge VR enthusiast and UE is one of the better VR engines. Probably at least half my VR titles are either UE or Unity, some of the best most crisp graphics in any VR game I own are using UE.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.4%