• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 1.0.2 Now Live

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 11, 2019.

1. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +748
    Which method of AA are you using?

I was pretty quick to turn on KTAA without really testing... dumb I know. But some are saying Temporal is better but still has the ghosting.
    To be honest even watching a replay back of an online race last night at a wet Paul Ricard I still saw ghosting with KTAA so not sure about it...

2. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +202
    AA is Epic.

I do not have a great graphics card (1060 6gb), but i get over average of 60fps (mainly hotlapping).. I used to get ghosting in Early Access. I don't now with KTAA.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk

Ratings:
    +748
    Ah ok, so KTAA at Epic
    That's what I'm running

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +521
    Temporal gives the best image for me but it's very blurry if you're not running a high SS level, assuming you're using VR. I haven't tried on a screen yet.

I feel they actually addressed the 'ghosting', as people are calling it, with something else other than the AA. With all the AA options I feel the image is far superior to the 1.01 build which was horrible for me. KTAA is like a middle ground. Slightly less blur than Temporal but at the cost of slightly more jaggies and shimmering. Also, I need to use AT LEAST High AA level, as Mid seems to do not much at all compared to off. Epic and High are very close, so I use High to save some juice.

5. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk

Ratings:
    +748
    Think I'll give temporal another go tonight time permitting. Got a feeling I'll hit the sweet spot soon.
    Speaking of shimmering I did get quite a bit during a very wet and intermittently raining Paul Ricard recently.

6. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +202
    Thanks. After reading your comments, I have changed AA down from Epic to High, retaining KTAA setting. I cant say that I notice any negligible difference either way (good or bad). Although common sense tells me that I must be "saving juice, so High it will remain.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +98
    Just a few clarifications:
    • as far as I know VRWorks was added to a custom branch in previous versions and it always lags behind on new versions, I don't think Kunos has plans to use that
    • RTX ray tracing should help with reflections and shadows, but it would have a negative impact on the overall performance
    • DLSS should help with the performance, however I don't have high hopes of having it in ACC either

8. Motowntom

Motowntom

Ratings:
    +42
    Don't have the game, but love AC in VR...... just wondering why anyone would buy an unfinished product and then bitch about it?
    Cheers

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +208
    Not sure how to put it , but there is an particular Audi (car no 21) that wants to kill me everytime i'm at the back of him, it's happening every race at spa , normally at the top of raidillon or before bus stop :devilish::D
    i have 5 occasions of it on video , and everytime it's him:confused::D
    i tried to lower the aggression but it has no effect , and sometimes AI cars just turn into me (and into the corner) when i'm in the front and they just have their frontend alongside my rear Tires!
    but they never bump me like the AI of other games ,so that's a positive point, it seems they are well aware of what is in front of them but they are not that aware of what is happening at their inside when they want to attach the corner (they are well aware of me when i'm attacking the corner and overtaking inside of them and they give me space but not the other way around)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. patsta32

patsta32

Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone tried the ffb yet ?

11. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris

Ratings:
    +181
    probably multiplayer in public server then... :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  12. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +208
    I swear some public lobbies were safer than that :D at least you can anticipate a dirty attack from their side just by watching some of their moves , but that Audi always acts like a innocent 2 years old then he kills you as soon as you start trusting his moves :p

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:08
    • Haha Haha x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.