Paul Jeffrey

Premium
September 12th!

As part of the Blancpain GT Spa 24 hour weekend preparations, Kunis Simulazioni have revealed the highly anticipated Early Access release date for new title Assetto Corsa Competizione... confirming Steam PC players can get their hands on an early build of the game as soon as this September 12th.

It is worth remembering that an Early Access release is exactly that, early access, and as such the title will no doubt be short of many of the features and content expected in the full release, as well as those final bits of polish of course.

At this relatively early stage we still have a few questions around what this first build of ACC will contain, however Kunos have promised that more information around the title will be revealed in the coming weeks, so stay tuned if you are keen to know more.....

ACC Preview - Paul Ricard 2.jpg
ACC Preview - Paul Ricard.jpg
ACC Preview - Bentley .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Happy with the release date? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
TAKE MY MONEY.........................................................you little Italian teasers, show Studio 397 how it should be done ;-)

Damn...I need to change my underwear, just a little spillage nothing to get to exited about ;-0

Just some other news on the sim, this link is the SRO press conference.
ACC is the final part starting at 46 minutes in but I suggest watching the whole thing from wherever you are in the world as Stefan and the SRO go into detail about the Pirelli World Challenge, the Blancpain GT Asia series, the International Endurance series with Bathurst, Kyalami, etc., GT4 and new next season GT2 for supercars.
The AC developer says that Stefan has given them a lot to work with for the future and with the licensing with the SRO and not just Blancpain GT, there is massive potential for additional tracks and cars. Read into it what you want but AC has landed on a goldmine.
I understand it's early, it will take time, since we have to patiently go through 6 builds of EA before the full game release in the Q1 of 2019, but...
if Kunos can portrait in ACC also Pirelli WC, GT4 and other Series as DLCs, it would be awesome! :D:inlove:

I personally would like the ULTRACAR GT1 sportsclub, although it seems like it's not competitive, because it has hypercars inside and it would be fun to race with omologated road cars and cars prepared for the track (Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborgini Aston Martin, Gumpert, Pagani, Maserati...), considering also Kunos have already done half of the cars for AC, so it would be easier to create the missing cars.

MINE AT DAY ONE
images

I think this is all very positive.
There is an EA roadmap so we know what we're buying into this time. This can only be seen as positive.
We buy EA, we test and report as Kunos refine. By the time it's ready for retail release it should be nicely tweaked over that time frame.

Looking forward to September 12th!

Thanks Kunos it's a great time to be a SIM racer

The roadmap above takes the title to Q1 where they have stated it will be "released", however the "content drops" that take place with each build listed dont add up to the amount of cars and tracks that should be in the title. According to the roadmap you will get 6 cars and 6 tracks by Feb 19', so what gives?

The roadmap above takes the title to Q1 where they have stated it will be "released", however the "content drops" that take place with each build listed dont add up to the amount of cars and tracks that should be in the title. According to the roadmap you will get 6 cars and 6 tracks by Feb 19', so what gives?
I was just wondering what DLCs they would release. Now it's starting to seem that part of the Blancpain content will be released as DLC. Hopefully I'm wrong and the sim will feature the full Blancpain content and we will have Asia series and Adac series as DLC.

Looks great... hope it plays great as well. However, why announce this at Spa, make a video with Spa and then don’t make it part of any upcoming early access builds?

Given the dominance of GT3 at Spa servers in AC, Kunos probably feared that if Spa was included in the initial release, no one would drive any other track and this would harm their testing and feedback.

Presumably they will appear in the finished version in March.

Just some other news on the sim, this link is the SRO press conference.
ACC is the final part starting at 46 minutes in but I suggest watching the whole thing from wherever you are in the world as Stefan and the SRO go into detail about the Pirelli World Challenge, the Blancpain GT Asia series, the International Endurance series with Bathurst, Kyalami, etc., GT4 and new next season GT2 for supercars.
The AC developer says that Stefan has given them a lot to work with for the future and with the licensing with the SRO and not just Blancpain GT, there is massive potential for additional tracks and cars. Read into it what you want but AC has landed on a goldmine.

Yeah I was watching that last night and all of its very interesting, not just the ACC part. The reintroduction of GT2 being one (although it's very different to before).

The part that surprised me is the ACC time line.

Early access September 12th as @Paul Jeffrey has mentioned (one track and car) but the game will not be complete until February 2019, until then you'll get one car and one track per month which to some will be a huge disappointment. As mentioned in the press confererence this would be just before the start of the 2019 season.

The other thing I found interesting, it will be ported to consoles but only once the pc version is finished.

However the details of the game look really good. Online driver swaps being one feature that I was glad to see.

Now if simbin are clever.... Kunos are going to take six months to compete this game (at the minimum) get your previews out now if you have any. Could be an interesting battle.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.