Paul Jeffrey

Premium
September 12th!

As part of the Blancpain GT Spa 24 hour weekend preparations, Kunis Simulazioni have revealed the highly anticipated Early Access release date for new title Assetto Corsa Competizione... confirming Steam PC players can get their hands on an early build of the game as soon as this September 12th.

It is worth remembering that an Early Access release is exactly that, early access, and as such the title will no doubt be short of many of the features and content expected in the full release, as well as those final bits of polish of course.

At this relatively early stage we still have a few questions around what this first build of ACC will contain, however Kunos have promised that more information around the title will be revealed in the coming weeks, so stay tuned if you are keen to know more.....

ACC Preview - Paul Ricard 2.jpg
ACC Preview - Paul Ricard.jpg
ACC Preview - Bentley .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Happy with the release date? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This Sim is the only racing title I'm looking forward to this Year, even though GT3 doesn't interest me, but just to support Kunos the most evolving simracing developer this decade, they deserve all the money I can throw at them, and will get it.

I'm not sure why they are teasing the community by releasing content piece by piece, it just doesn't make sense, especially when there is a detailed Early Access program Guide for this title.
EA-Programm.jpg

This Sim is the only racing title I'm looking forward to this Year, even though GT3 doesn't interest me, but just to support Kunos the most evolving simracing developer this decade, they deserve all the money I can throw at them, and will get it.

I'm not sure why they are teasing the community by releasing content piece by piece, it just doesn't make sense, especially when there is a detailed Early Access program Guide for this title.
View attachment 261925
If you can’t compute, don’t join.

People moaning about 1 car and 1 track, followed by monthly additions prior to retail release!!

When Simbin released the GTR Demo, we had 2 cars and 1 track for 6 months and guess what, people loved it and drove it until release!!

This new gimme gimme generation of sim fans are getting right on my tits!!

If you want the full blown sim, then come back in March (I'm guessing) 2019 and buy it. Those of us excited to get the first taste of ACC can look forward to September!! :)

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed by the limited content on early release HOWEVER, this is my chance and yours to essentially be a beta tester of sorts and give AC good constructive feedback on each car, each track and each feature as they roll it out. The alternative would be a finished product (maybe) in Q1 2019 with very limited input from their team only.
Forgive me for the "rah rah" but this is a chance to have an impact on the final product. It's kind of like moaning about the outcome of an election when you didn't bother voting ;):D

Just some other news on the sim, this link is the SRO press conference.
ACC is the final part starting at 46 minutes in but I suggest watching the whole thing from wherever you are in the world as Stefan and the SRO go into detail about the Pirelli World Challenge, the Blancpain GT Asia series, the International Endurance series with Bathurst, Kyalami, etc., GT4 and new next season GT2 for supercars.
The AC developer says that Stefan has given them a lot to work with for the future and with the licensing with the SRO and not just Blancpain GT, there is massive potential for additional tracks and cars. Read into it what you want but AC has landed on a goldmine.

View attachment 261925
I also don't understand why content which seems to be in the work for some time (Audi, Merc, Porsche, Spa, Brands Hatch) is supposed to be added at the latest possible time... while the Bentley which doesn't seem to be finished on the 3D side yet is about to join the game in about two months. I understand that Kunos wants to present content that could not be found in AC1 but on the other hand the teasing before appears a bit pointless thanks to this.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 99238

It seems that rumors confirm that there a lot of problems with Unreal Engine 4. For the same reason died GTR3.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.