Assetto Corsa coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Assetto Corsa Goes Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has announced Assetto Corsa will be available on Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2016.

After rumors and pictures of the Playstation 4 developer kit floating around the Kunos Simulazioni office, it is now officially confirmed: the Italian studio will team up with 505 Games to bring Assetto Corsa to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One platforms (full press release below). The popular racing sim will appear in console-land in 2016, though there's no exact release date for now.

You can take a look at the console launch trailer above, and interestingly, it looks like the console version will feature all the contents released so far on PC along with some spiffy new toys like the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, the Bonus pack cars like the Toyota GT86, the Audi Quattro and what looks like the 2015 Ferrari F1 car.

It'll be interesting to see if the team will update Assetto Corsa's core features for the console release, or perhaps add a slightly more fleshed out career mode.

What do you think of Assetto Corsa going to console? Let us know in the comments!

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves; Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as
  • Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
  • Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game
Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

I think this will be a two way road , console players are willing to pay over inflated prices for game.
Do not bat an eye lid over buying DLC.
They will also play poor unfinished games like GT5 & 6.
As long as it as plenty of eye candy a photo mode & so on they will be happy.
Sure AC will have do some major work with the AI & online & other features.

But it should bring in good money & has is as been said Then they should be able to buy more of all the god things we want to see in the PC version Tracks & Cars wise.

Console as now up to running sims maybe not as cutting edge as current pc's
I am sure R3E will go to console their sales platform is 100% console market.

Well seeing how Rfactor is now on Steam I would not be surprised for RF 2 to hit Console in some form or another.

To much money at stake.

great job and great news !! I think this year is getting better and better.

I don't see why XB1 and PS4 owners shouldn't be able to experience properly done simulators. Days of arcade only console games are gone!

plus the extra money from sales MIGHT allow Kunos to hire more staff and improve things faster

I guess now I understand why there was so much content released lately, this - for console player - would be something why he might not buy AC, but with more content it's definitely more appealing to them.

very happy and even though I do own it on PC, I might buy it on PS4 as well ( so that I can enjoy it more casually as well, and to support Kunos decision to move to consoles )

my biggest worry though is the mods, if there will be a way to make them available on consoles as well, since that would be a game changer

look what pcars has started....

what next RF2 on consoles then what will all the hardcores say...

Maybe sims can be done on consoles.

But what us PC'ers have......

MODS

exactly, there is not a single reason why console shouldn't handle the sim code as well.
the only differnet is that the casual console players might be looking for different things in games, then hardcore sim racer. They are much less forgiving to certain aspects, such as SP racing against AI.

the mods however would be a game changer if there was a way to get them onto consoles

it can go two ways:

+ : sales increase, more money more cars more tracks, bigger development team, faster development
OR

- : dumbing down of physics, even slower development on pc cause of moving focus to console

Is because AC has better gamepad implementation maybe? For example rF based games are said to be better with keyboard than AC with keyboard, are rF based games simcades?

I have no clue. Better doesn't mean either are playable. Are they? In Dirt rally for example I'm a lot quicker on gamepad. I SCE I crash every lap. If I just say Dirt is better than SCE with gamepad it wouldn't mean the same thing.

I disagree, it's quite ok to play it, not much different to AC on gamepad. bit more twitchy due to less options to tweak gamepad to my linking, but unplayable? well not for me

You must be some kind of pinball wizard or way too much time on gran turismo maybe?

Unplayable sounds very vague. Can you do races? How far are you from your wheel times?

That headline let me quite puzzled. As many PC SimRacers, seeing a game released on consoles worries me... :unsure:

On the one hand, I can understand this decision because it sounds like a logical developement plan for them. I'm glad if Kunos can get good results (money and visibility) with this port, that might be better for all of us in the end. But on the other hand, I also beg them not to forget those who play the game on PC since the ealry access! :)

To me, Assetto Corsa is one of the best sims we've had so far. It's not exactly a finished product yet (as some details are still missing), but I'm sure they are working hard (they've shown it with the updates and DLC). Eventually it will be featuring all a complete simulation needs (and probably even more). I just hope that this port will not make them lose focus too much on the PC version.

Next year, I hope console players will be able to drive a unbiased version and like it as we already do on PC. And as a conclusion, the important part for me : as long as the PC version keeps its amazing quality and support, that's all good! :thumbsup: Let's wait and see.

I have no clue. Better doesn't mean either are playable. Are they? In Dirt rally for example I'm a lot quicker on gamepad. I SCE I crash every lap. If I just say Dirt is better than SCE with gamepad it wouldn't mean the same thing.
Yes it is playable. I've played for months with gamepad before getting a G27. I managed to post good lap times and stay in the track, way more than I ever did with other arcade and semi arcade racing games.
Having good gamepad support doesn't make the game unrealistic. A realistic game that has bad gamepad support is not more realistic because of that, against a realistic game with good gamepad support, which doesn't make it an unrealistic simulation because it has good pad support in terms of driving the cars.
Maybe you just need better settings, so follow the ones suggested by Kubr0 or shaddix:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238659280

Yes it is playable. I've played for months with gamepad before getting a G27. I managed to post good lap times and stay in the track, way more than I ever did with other arcade and semi arcade racing games.
Having good gamepad support doesn't make the game unrealistic. A realistic game that has bad gamepad support is not more realistic because of that, against a realistic game with good gamepad support, which doesn't make it an unrealistic simulation because it has good pad support in terms of driving the cars.
Maybe you just need better settings, so follow the ones suggested by Kubr0 or shaddix:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238659280

Oh no, I dont plan on playing with gamepad, no way! I think you guys are just very good with the gamepad. But yes because of the limited axis and sensibility it should be damn near impossible to play on gamepad, specially F1 cars.

2017 consoles version release. 2018 Assetto corsa 2 early access with biggggg money for licenses and working on the engine! I'm in if they fix AC this year and then they focuse on the rest of the things.

But we can't blame kunos for wanting more money. Bussines. They want to keep on creating stuff, and that's good!

Why should they dumbing down physics? For sure not for the gamplay. I played Forza 5 about 300 hours before buying me into the sim-market and most of the cars are ridiculous difficult to drive with or without wheel. Just from the level of difficulty AC is with most cars arcade against FM5.

I read, that Kunos is using the full physics for the AI-cars and they should better dumb that down and put the CPU-cycles into more intelligent behavior like R3E or pCars. When 24 cars with full physics isn´t a problem on a PC than the physics-engine itself will not be a problem for the consoles.

You must be some kind of pinball wizard or way too much time on gran turismo maybe?

Unplayable sounds very vague. Can you do races? How far are you from your wheel times?
At the moment I'm about 2-3 second faster on pad then on wheel in AC/pCARS, but that's mostly since I still need more time to get proprely setup FFB, tweak all the settings and so on

for GSC I have to setup the FFB enterily, becasue there is something what people reffer to as in "inverted FFB" which totally brakes the handling , my wheel FFB is very heavy and gets stuck at fully left or right, can't drive at all.
someone said that I need to invert some value in ini files, but I havent' gotten to it yet

and I haven't played GT/Forza longer then a year, I don't like gamepad handling in these anymore. AC/GSC/iRacing/pCARS there all feel much better on pad then GT/Froza.
the best one for me is AC on pad, gives me the most control/smoothness/responsiveness

it can go two ways:

+ : sales increase, more money more cars more tracks, bigger development team, faster development
OR

- : dumbing down of physics, even slower development on pc cause of moving focus to console

why would you dumb down/change physics for consoles?

you can make a different setup for a car, so that it's more neutral or understeery for console players, but you won't change physics code , why would you ?
kunos spent so much time developing it, chaning it would mean pretty much developing different one , makes no sense

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back