Assetto Corsa coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Assetto Corsa Goes Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has announced Assetto Corsa will be available on Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2016.

After rumors and pictures of the Playstation 4 developer kit floating around the Kunos Simulazioni office, it is now officially confirmed: the Italian studio will team up with 505 Games to bring Assetto Corsa to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One platforms (full press release below). The popular racing sim will appear in console-land in 2016, though there's no exact release date for now.

You can take a look at the console launch trailer above, and interestingly, it looks like the console version will feature all the contents released so far on PC along with some spiffy new toys like the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, the Bonus pack cars like the Toyota GT86, the Audi Quattro and what looks like the 2015 Ferrari F1 car.

It'll be interesting to see if the team will update Assetto Corsa's core features for the console release, or perhaps add a slightly more fleshed out career mode.

What do you think of Assetto Corsa going to console? Let us know in the comments!

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves; Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as
  • Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
  • Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game
Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

why would you dumb down/change physics for consoles?

you can make a different setup for a car, so that it's more neutral or understeery for console players, but you won't change physics code , why would you ?
kunos spent so much time developing it, chaning it would mean pretty much developing different one , makes no sense

I really hope I'm wrong here
could only be a fresh wind blowing to race territory on consoles

I played Assetto Corsa quite a bit with a 360 controller and with the right settings it did really well. I did eventually buy a wheel but had no issues using a controller with AC.

At the moment I'm about 2-3 second faster on pad then on wheel in AC/pCARS, but that's mostly since I still need more time to get proprely setup FFB, tweak all the settings and so on

for GSC I have to setup the FFB enterily, becasue there is something what people reffer to as in "inverted FFB" which totally brakes the handling , my wheel FFB is very heavy and gets stuck at fully left or right, can't drive at all.
someone said that I need to invert some value in ini files, but I havent' gotten to it yet

and I haven't played GT/Forza longer then a year, I don't like gamepad handling in these anymore. AC/GSC/iRacing/pCARS there all feel much better on pad then GT/Froza.
the best one for me is AC on pad, gives me the most control/smoothness/responsiveness

You've got some able thumbs! I can drive GT on gamepad but not SCE so it doesn't ring true to me but to each his own.

If people drive Grand Prix Legends with a keyboard - and they do (though i don't know how) - controllers really have nothing to do with whether a game is a sim or not.

But since we are discussing controllers, while I'm sure most console owners do exclusively use a gamepad, you have to remember the console market is an order of magnitude bigger than the PC market when it comes to driving/racing titles. So even if its only a minority of console owners who use a wheel there will be more consoles with wheels than PCs with wheels. Does no one wonder why the Thrustmaster T500 has a Gran Turismo badge on it? My second FFB wheel - the Logitech DFP which was a very popular wheel with PC owners 10 years ago - was not officially sold as a PC wheel, PlayStation compatibility was the only thing on the box. There is clearly a big market for console wheels. Indeed were it not for consoles I suspect most of us PC users would struggle to buy a wheel.

I've been playing with a wheel for so long that now i struggle even on F1 2014 (and i used to be good/above average when those analogue sticks first came out), but some people are gonna be able to do it.

I don't see how they could possibly dumb down the game with a straight face, the physics engine is in place and modders are already working with it, with dev apps you can even see their works in real time.
So some good things will come from this, at least the SP will need to be fully functional by the console launch, those crappy starts and no pit stops ain't gonna cut it.

And perhaps a lot more content to make AC more attractive, maybe some of it free to placate "us".

I think it's a valid attempt to bring a full sim to consoles, and Kunos doesn't have a lot too lose from it.

As long as this in no way affects the production of PC updates and content, I wish Kunos luck... they'll need it. If they basically let 505 port it and do all the work, and Kunos' core group continues working on the PC version, no problem. In fact, it will benefit everyone by increasing Kunos' revenue and allowing them to continue improving AC for PC. Who cares what meatless bones they throw the consoles?

One word: ill informed speculation.

On the AC forums the following was confirmed by various Kunos developpers:

- they will develop the console versions themselves
- they are/will be hiring new staff for this
- AC has sold over 200.000 copies up to now, entering the consolemarket could increase this to...?
- they are working on a (big?) update regarding the MP code and Gui. This will be the next update. When unclear.
- The pc physics will not be dumbed down
- the Ferrari F138 license was acquired in exchange for assisting Ferrari with the software for their simulator (i.e; Kunos still invests heavily in AC).

Now, based on these facts, please continue the discussion.

As long as this in no way affects the production of PC updates and content, I wish Kunos luck... they'll need it. If they basically let 505 port it and do all the work, and Kunos' core group continues working on the PC version, no problem. In fact, it will benefit everyone by increasing Kunos' revenue and allowing them to continue improving AC for PC. Who cares what meatless bones they throw the consoles?
But according to Aristotelis over at the KUNOS-Forum the development of the console version will be done by an internal sub-team of KUNOS itself; here Aristotelis corrected someone of the forum staff that did the same wrong assumption:
Forum Staff Member: >>From what I know 505 games is doing the console port, not Kunos.<<
Aristotelis: Wrong, a team in our studios is doing the console port.

So 505 Games serves only as the publishing partner as one can read from their press release above as well:
...505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, ...

So I am very concerned that this move would take away some urgent needed developer ressources from the further bug fixing and improvement process of the current PC version as I am sure that they would need the most advanced developers that know the AC stuff best for the porting process.

But according to Aristotelis over at the KUNOS-Forum the development of the console version will be done by an internal sub-team of KUNOS itself; here Aristotelis corrected someone of the forum staff that did the same wrong assumption:

So 505 Games serves only as the publishing partner as one can read from their press release above as well:

So I am very concerned that this move would take away some urgent needed developer ressources from the further bug fixing and improvement process of the current PC version as I am sure that they would need the most advanced developers that know the AC stuff best for the porting process.

Of course... the PC version will get hurt with this. It's less manpower and I am afraid they will not take any further risk in improving the game visually to keep it on the same level has the console version... They only see dollars, seriously, if this game just stayed on PC it would have pushed people to come and buy it on PC. Now we're never going to reach the moon with this game on PC because of the console shackles !

Matteo Lorenzetti

The news of yesterday will speak, and not a little, fans of racing game. Kunos Simulations has announced the arrival of Assetto Corsa, the title that redefined the driving simulation on PC, for the next-gen consoles, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The announcement was in the air, not forgetting the special of a few months ago when all the evidence pointed to a possible console version of AC which is now reality.

Yesterday was in fact made public the distribution agreement with Digital Bros and 505 Games in the Italian and world, a quantum leap only logical from a commercial perspective view of the console installed base in terms of next-gen, which will bring Assetto Corsa in the homes of all users who until now have been able to try it at home the PC gamer. The two build have been announced for 2016 but since there are still many questions about how this will happen, we interviewed Mark Massarutto for more clarification on what you have to wait for the virtual pilots of Sony and Microsoft for 2016.

Eurogamer: Marco, after the launch platform of Project Cars, many of us set ourselves the question whether it was possible to do the same thing with Assetto Corsa and within less than a month here is the answer. They were working on the conversion for some time?

Marco Massarutto: The first tests, carried out as a pure technical evaluation, we had them executed in late 2013 when Sony, after seeing Assetto Corsa, sent us a devkit proposing to "play" a little '. And we have done, checking if a porting was technically feasible but leaving it in the field of hypotheses. After some time Digital Bros. has proposed to make a porting of Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One. It was a very thoughtful and complex evaluation. In the middle of last year we created a team parallel with new elements that have direct experience in the field of console and that after the release of the release candidate on PC last fall, focused on porting at full capacity, while the rest of the group continued working sull'engine general.

jpg

Control stations with all the trappings could become a regular on consoles, thanks to the growing support of the producers of steering wheels. The two build console Assetto Corsa will support devices from all major manufacturers.

Eurogamer: In terms of content, what can we expect from the console versions of Assetto Corsa?

Marco Massarutto: Nothing less than the PC version, in fact, are expected to launch more content, which of course will be shared on all three platforms. The goal is to get to the publication of the console with 100 unique models of cars, all detailed in detail, both from the aesthetic point of view because of the dynamic behavior. The interface instead will be completely revised, maintaining the functionality and integrating new ones, but with graphics and patterns significantly different, to marry well with the new platforms.

Eurogamer: The career mode will have more options?

Marco Massarutto: For the career we are collecting comments and suggestions from the public and we believe that it can be significantly revised for the better: in this we will be facilitated by the fact of having a large number of content already in the launch, which will create a more elaborate career and defined. In this and other respects, the synergy between PC and console will bring benefits to both platforms.

Eurogamer: What reception do you expect for Assetto Corsa from the public console, notoriously alien culture simulation?

Marco Massarutto: I am convinced that the public console is considered foreign to the culture simulation because it really is still waiting for a simulator that has a typical depth of productions PC and then will be thrilled to know that Assetto Corsa will arrive on consoles. If, as you suggest, find him unprepared (but I do not think), we are ready to change his mind!

jm5c3wxr6wptwrkagcf2.png

License Lamborghini is the last in order of time to be joined in the Roster of Assetto Corsa.

Eurogamer: There are substantial differences between the build PS4 and Xbox One? It is reasonable to think of a downgrade chart compared to the PC version?

Marco Massarutto: The cars are already subject of a PC optimization processes very driven, so in terms of details and materials, there will be differences. Also on console we will use Yebis to the effects of post-processing, and graphics on the various versions should be broadly in line: The results seen so far gives us hope that if ever there were to be a downgrade, will still be content.

Eurogamer: Assetto Corsa model is driving his undeniable strength: the feelings will be identical to the PC?

Marco Massarutto: This is one of the aspects that have made the success of critics and audiences of Assetto Corsa, so it is the first thing we made sure to report faithfully on the console, and is the aspect that will have priority in the budget performance available. In fact, the developer version of Assetto Corsa console already has the same feelings, dynamism and force feedback of the PC version.

jpg

In all likelihood, the console versions of Assetto Corsa will lose something in terms of image sharpness and probably also in terms of frame rate. The guys Kunos simulations are expected to work hard optimization.

Eurogamer: When only Thrustmaster has marketed a steering wheel officially supported for PS4. This limitation is affecting the development or your relationship with the manufacturers of devices will lead to a widening of the catalog Flying supported for both platforms thanks to Assetto Corsa?

Marco Massarutto: Other manufacturers are working in this direction, we are in good terms both with Thrustmaster, as with Fanatec and we are working with them for some time already in the way, and recently also with Logitech. At launch, Assetto Corsa on PS4 / XB1 will be perfectly compatible with a large number of devices driving although in reality, it is thanks to the work already done on the PC version. However I can already confirm support for all steering wheels Thrustmaster, Fanatec and Logitech that are (or will be) compatible with PS4 and XB1 when launching the game.

Eurogamer: You have already defined the architecture of the multiplayer for the console versions? It would be nice to have on PS4 and Xbox One infrastructure efficiency client / server on this PC.

Marco Massarutto: This topic is still the subject of internal assessments, because at the moment we are working to expand the functionality of multiplayer in the PC version. So it is too early to answer this question.

The whole park cars in the game and DLC published and to be published, will be available in the full version of the console since day one.

Eurogamer: The date of 2016 is a bit 'as a vague term development: what time of year we can expect the build console Assetto Corsa?

Marco Massarutto: The ballet dates jumping continuously is something that we have seen often in the past and which we have also been protagonists. The architecture of the video game has become extremely complex and often a last minute problems in a sector generates others in different areas. We are aware of, so a release date will be revealed when we are reasonably assured of its reliability.

Eurogamer: Before closing, a question a bit 'naughty. Some thought that your licenses more prestigious as Ferrari and Lamborghini were due to the exclusivity of Assetto Corsa PC, because on consoles would not be possible to do the same for a self-employed basis. And now?

Marco Massarutto: Opening the console market, increase the chances of return on investment because the potential audience is expanding exponentially, and this explains the acquisition of a license "heavy" as a Lamborghini game already on the market. But it also means having to bet on the community, reinvesting a significant portion of their profits, and not everyone is willing to do so. The confirmation of licenses of the first order also the console version of Assetto Corsa I prove more than words our determination to meet the needs of our audience, while also offering the audience the best console Assetto Corsa that we are capable, and consolidating in the meantime the good things we did continuing the process of improvement and development on PC.

jpg

Convert Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One will not be just a matter of importing the cars: the beautiful cockpit also require some attention to detail.

For pilots virtual console then the wait is started: if you want to turn your console in the heart of a driver's seat of a high level, keep an eye on the news coming from boys Kunos Simulations which we will report on Eurogamer.it , in particular with regard to the issue of flying supported for the new console.

As we have explained at the time of the review of the T300 GTE Ferrari, Thrustmaster had so far lacked support exclusively by Sony but the words of Marco Massarutto seem to be an indirect confirmation of how this special relationship is intended to result in the arrival of Fanatec and probably Logitech (the G29 is well more than a rumor) in the peripherals market guide for PS4 and Xbox One. An occurrence that we hope strongly to occur as soon as possible to put console users in the state to enjoy the best of this wonderful simulator.

I`ve used google translate.
Original news link
http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/20...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Sure there will be cons for the PC Version, but the pros will be overbalance that. Look to pCars, which already has been sold four or five times more copies than AC.

I like to see the amount of content in AC, especially tracks and if they want to laserscann all, they need more money and manpower. Dropping the price to 50% like they did weeks ago will not do the trick. Two possible solutions: Increase prices like we know from iRacing or selling more copies through a larger customer pool.

And what I really like to see soon is a menu-navigation with my wheel, night, rain, better career mode, better AI. Actually everything pCars already have, but not with the quality of FFB and physics that AC provides.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back