Assetto Corsa 1/Competizione FFB comparision

Just to prove it to myself that im not going crazy, and to give the devs an idea of whats happening with my wheel and probably a lot of other users who are having difficulty, I have recorded a comparison of my wheel in AC and ACC.

As you can see, AC1 FFB instantly responded to oversteer, ACC is very slow and sluggish, only seems to go 1 speed.
Can anyone confirm they are experiencing the same thing? and does this happen to people who are loving the FFB?, just so we can clarify if there are problems, or if this is just how the FFB is currently.

Edit: Im not trying to bash ACC, I love AC, and was completely on the hype train, but in its current state its not enjoyable for me, I cant drive with so much lack of information.

I don`t think that FFB is worse, what I think is, in some ways ACC`s physics is just not on same level as AC`s. It feels kind of arcade, just, just for a bit, that much that I have the feeling that I am not having the full control over the car. In AC I feel the car completely, I am one with it, but this is not whats going on in ACC unfortunately, not yet. And thats is why the FFB is struggling as well, its all connected. I use Fanatec V2.5 base, so no faults on that one (in AC it works brilliantly). Lets give Kunos some time to fix issues with physics and stuff, I know he will come there. Thumbs up.

I don`t think that FFB is worse, what I think is, in some ways ACC`s physics is just not on same level as AC`s. It feels kind of arcade,
Lets give Kunos some time to fix issues with physics

You do know that the physics of ACC are objectively more advanced than AC, right?

Of course you do... there have been 100 threads on this topic detailing exactly what is more advanced in ACC compared to AC.

So why would you say something so laughably false and inflammatory?

Claiming that anytime something isnt exactly how you envision it should be, it is automatically arcade is such a mindlessly hyperbolic thing to say that helps no one. :rolleyes:

You do know that the physics of ACC are objectively more advanced than AC, right?
Sure I know, at least what Kunos and other staff is trying to tell us all the time.
Ok, but what makes you think this is more real and closer to RL? On the end, there are even more numbers, and easier that can something go wrong, while doing all those equations. Which according to whats I`ve seen so far, is exactly how it is.
Final result, for me, is that AC is still superior over ACC in all ways, and no matter what they say. But as I said, lets give them time to get it right as possible.
One thing about which I have to make sure is, I need more fps (graphics card is on its way, and only spent money because of ACC, nothing else), since with low number of fps is hard to drive and do precise and accurate estimates :)

Last edited:
For example, if anyone has Fanatec`s V2.5 base, can try these settings of the wheel, I find them best:
- SENSIT: 480
- F.FED: 100
- SHOCK. VIB: 80
- BR.ABS: 95
- DRIFT.M OFF
- FORCE: 50
- SPRING: 50
- DAMPER: 70
- BRAKEF: 50
- F.EFF.INT: 50

Seems like my vacation expired too early. After being incredibly frustrated how the initial release of DRM mod for AC was "welcomed", then adding big frustration to how XJ13 update was "welcomed", being disappointed even by staff not to mention absolute majority of the community, I have spotted this tendency that it doesn't even surprise me that R1 FFB (or perhaps physics ?) was greeted the similar way.

It is obvious that something has been achieved in AC which made perfect balance between fine level of realism and bits that might be off. Those bits which might be off gives a forgiving nature and reduces the need of proper concentration, some cars more and some less, obviously as you don't need as much or same kind of concentration for Miata as for 98T.

It was different in ACC R1. I admit my first hours wasn't exactly enjoyable, due to unexpected spins, and mostly some other unrelated things that wasn't good impression at very first (but first impression is so often misleading). But there were reasons to that, I just needed to understand and get used to differences. It haven't took long.

So what were the differences ACC vs AC ? Who cares, I have no idea anyway.. but I THINK:
  • Never had to mind marbles in AC, yes they are a challenge;
  • Never had less grip while trully being off ideal line in AC;
  • Never felt tires timing and flexing so well before, however not so immediatly responding tire plus having some flex makes for slightly less "helping" FFB, naturally, but it didn't cause issues, was especially enjoyable when warming tires or through chicanes;
  • Self aligning torque felt more natural than AC, way more front end feel, not so saturated rear slip feel as in AC, so you had to rely more on peripheral vison motion cues and do more work yourself, as wheel just wouldn't counterspin early enough to tell you to countersteer while you are half a sleep. This is the main thing and probably most debatable, however seems that we can only say each other how wrong we are and can not put proper arguments (only few guys who actually managed to discuss it properly).
  • Perhaps lower sliding friction than AC - drifting enemy, thing that makes slides scary.
Anyway.. perhaps slight modifications for simulation, especially for open market product could be allowed. As there are good arguments about lack for "seat feel", we do miss it, however, IMO peripheral vision is dominating sensor for driving, so it can not be that we miss so much off that, arguably only top athlettes like for example Senna had extremely well developed vestibular and/or proprioception senses, yet the vision must have been absolutely dominating, hard to tell. Also there could be a fine argument of input/output lag, for example if tyre flex and relaxation length gives some tyre response delay, then having some input lag on top would make it too delayed so might be too tricky if someone has too many USB's connected in same socket or for some other reasons input lag is very large.

It is interesting and serious topic, but it appears like most just got their mentality stuck on something particular, something like "it is not like AC", or "it is not like iR", this is a massive failure you subconsciously reveal how messed up and cuffed your perception is where are "it is not like real life", not so easy to tell I guess. Where is critical thinking ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea