Assetto Corsa 1/Competizione FFB comparision

Just to prove it to myself that im not going crazy, and to give the devs an idea of whats happening with my wheel and probably a lot of other users who are having difficulty, I have recorded a comparison of my wheel in AC and ACC.

As you can see, AC1 FFB instantly responded to oversteer, ACC is very slow and sluggish, only seems to go 1 speed.
Can anyone confirm they are experiencing the same thing? and does this happen to people who are loving the FFB?, just so we can clarify if there are problems, or if this is just how the FFB is currently.

Edit: Im not trying to bash ACC, I love AC, and was completely on the hype train, but in its current state its not enjoyable for me, I cant drive with so much lack of information.

Don't be ridiculous please.

Some could say the same about ACCs ffb though.

We are not all some placebo headless sim chickens.

Some of us are reporting back than the ffb is lackluster to put it mildly.Its slow to react and i cant get a feel what the rear is doing (g27).Its muddy and its not overtalkative.Lets not create more sim terms to justify something ''weird''.

I remember when using a T500 -that has an inherit damp feeling due to motor- that the sat posed a problem.I reported that the wheel fought you back when trying to set the wheel straight after correcting an oversteer moment.Guess what,Kunos initial reaction was to ridicule the issue telling about lalaland and that we should provide numbers.I refused to bother cause im not a dev but an end user -with a bit of brain cells though-.Further along the dev cycle the issue was remedied.

Before accusing me of anything sit back and check my report -and im not the only one- maybe it has some merit.

What concerns me the most is the message from Kunos that this is the way it should be, more or less some minor tweaking.
I'll probably rebuy ACC after final release to try one more time.
This is what pushed me to get a refund. They may make some tweaks, but if this is the philosophy they're going with in ACC then the game isn't for me.

This is what pushed me to get a refund. They may make some tweaks, but if this is the philosophy they're going with in ACC then the game isn't for me.

Here is the latest official word, since it is quite relevant...

"For everyone else: thanks to also some of the users' constructive reporting here, we have found issues in the damper implementation and we are currently working on it, as well as enabling some options in the next build to reduce the possibility of negative compromises. I'd like to ask for your patience until our next release and also thank you for your active participation."

Generally, developers are fairly confident that their implementation of (feature) is correct unless they can reproduce an issue, or can objectively see where they went astray in its implementation.

Given that the official word is that there are some issues in damper implementation, a fix seems quite likely.

And this should also quash some of the defenders comments of the FFB and people who are shouting down those that have the issues... since 'issues in the damper implementation' would mean it is a universal issue, and not something that selectively chooses to only affect a T500 for instance :p

I'm surprised that some people can't understand "Early Access" phase.
Siriusly , we are in 2018.
Lots of builds will deploy and we gonna test all of them.
There will be tons of bugs,glitches,... Graphical or physics/ffb wise ,then kunos is going to play hunt&kill.
Just let kunos have their time.

This is the Internet. There will always be some random guy who thinks he knows better than the professionals.

And there will always be some other random guy who thinks his opinion matters more than other's opinion just because... well, its his opinion.

Yes, it is early access but Kunos themselves stated that the reason for early access is to receive feedback to work out those expected bugs and glitches. Now, those deciding ACC is not worth it and have "returned" the sim for a refund - well, personally I think it is their loss. Certainly unfair to judge ACC at this stage on what the final product will be. I'm looking forward to the development of ACC. I think it is a fun and fascinating process to be involved in!

Hi folks im using a fanatec cswv2 with mclaren rim and the ffb doesnt feel right , i feel like the steering is slow and unresponsive taking a while to turn the car, the car just doesnt feel sharp. Otherwise i really like the feel and i know theyre working on the dampening , i think it will be awesome when this is sorted.

Don't worry guys, the Devs have stated there is a FFB bug where it over dampens certain wheels, they are aware and hope it to be fixed for the next build, along with addition FFB sliders.

I have a T500 and it's unplayable for me currently but I have faith in Kunos. :)

Could it be (I haven't bought this yet) that they went with the pCars way of more real FFB??
And by that I mean that in AC the FFB gave you information that in real life you would feel in your body. I always felt too much feel on the wheel I don't feel while driving (yeah I don't drive race cars) in AC, while on pCars I felt it more real, even if it probably was easier to drive with the AC FFB as you would feel the car better.

Here the question is what is better?? Real or more informative??

Until you dont have motion rig you have to go More informative ffb , if devs had gone real way just like real racing, FFB shouldn't be invented.
As far as we are simracers we'll kill somone for better FFB :laugh:

My thoughts exactly. I think I'd prefer about 95% real; with 5% informative. I want it as real as possible, but realize I need a touch of informative to translate some of the things that I can't feel in the seat of my pants (although I can a little as I have a couple of SimVibe bass transducers) because I'm not in a real car.

RF2 FFB ruined me. I was mainly playing AC, iRacing, and even PC2, and only dabbling a little in RF2. However once I got the FFB dialed in on RF2, everything clicked and it was like a magical moment. Now I've spent hours trying to tune every other title's FFB to get it close to RF2 with not much luck. It's gotten to the point I can't play anything else much without feeling that it is somewhat empty, which sucks because there are things I like about those other titles that I wish RF2 had...but FFB is king.

Don't worry guys, the Devs have stated there is a FFB bug where it over dampens certain wheels, they are aware and hope it to be fixed for the next build, along with addition FFB sliders.

I have a T500 and it's unplayable for me currently but I have faith in Kunos. :)
Unplayable? I wouldnt say that. I get a good feeling with my T500 and managed a 1:53.991 after the first hotfix.

I feel we should have access to as much physics-based FFB as possible but, that's the problem; FFB can only provide so much information and then there have to be some artificial additions to take it further for those that want it. For example, there is no physics-based lateral scrub effect within the current FFB-API, such effects require special coding in order to work, nor can it be extracted from game telemetry hence, it is considered a "canned" or fake effect.

As long as such effects can be disabled for those that don't want them, I'm fine with some additional enhancements to make the FFB more immersive. After all, isn't the reason to have FFB to enhance the experience (?)

Everyone’s ffb shouldn’t be personal though, a gt3 huracan will only ever feel like a gt3 huracan in real life. Personally would love full realistic ffb not sure how people are feeling all that they feel through ffb anyway, surely if you’re waiting for the steering wheel to tell you when the tail is coming out you’re already too late to do a lot about it?
Also reading through this some seem to be wanting to drift it around the corners gt3 cars shouldn’t be sliding!
Sorry if I offend anybody! Just some random observations certainly not saying I’m right or wrong.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%