Assetto Corsa 1/Competizione FFB comparision

Just to prove it to myself that im not going crazy, and to give the devs an idea of whats happening with my wheel and probably a lot of other users who are having difficulty, I have recorded a comparison of my wheel in AC and ACC.

As you can see, AC1 FFB instantly responded to oversteer, ACC is very slow and sluggish, only seems to go 1 speed.
Can anyone confirm they are experiencing the same thing? and does this happen to people who are loving the FFB?, just so we can clarify if there are problems, or if this is just how the FFB is currently.

Edit: Im not trying to bash ACC, I love AC, and was completely on the hype train, but in its current state its not enjoyable for me, I cant drive with so much lack of information.

• Deleted member 197115

FFB graph like FFBClip or in PCars2 would help, but it's not there and not sure ever will.

ACC has a fair amount of dampening and that appears to be intentional as they've said that they were going after a real-world feel of car ffb. That means that all the understeer and oversteer characteristics that you may have loved in AC are going to be somewhat muted and more subtle like they would be in real life.

I use a DD wheel now and I can tell you that the FFB is fantastic, but I also have a T500 in my closet and i pulled it out for a quick test to see how it feels. It isn't great, have to be honest. The T500 was a great wheel with a lot of power, but its main issue is that it's one of the only wheels that still uses a brushed motor with a lot of friction and dampening. This only makes things numb and hard to feel.

Not sure what the answer is here, but it appears that most users of other wheels seem to be doing ok.

• Deleted member 197115

Feels like dipshit on OSW to me, somewhere in between R3E and PCars2, lifeless and overdampened.
Seems like Kunos fell the victim of their own success with AC.

ACC has a fair amount of dampening and that appears to be intentional as they've said that they were going after a real-world feel of car ffb. That means that all the understeer and oversteer characteristics that you may have loved in AC are going to be somewhat muted and more subtle like they would be in real life.

I use a DD wheel now and I can tell you that the FFB is fantastic, but I also have a T500 in my closet and i pulled it out for a quick test to see how it feels. It isn't great, have to be honest. The T500 was a great wheel with a lot of power, but its main issue is that it's one of the only wheels that still uses a brushed motor with a lot of friction and dampening. This only makes things numb and hard to feel.

Not sure what the answer is here, but it appears that most users of other wheels seem to be doing ok.

Completely disagree regarding the T500, it is absolutely perfect, powerful and precise for every other sim.

Also the update yesterday was bug fixes, nothing changed regarding FFB or physics, its a placebo.

Have posted this in the ACC forum aswell.
Any Fanatec users still having problems, give this a try. It seemed to work for me.

I had really bad FFB when I started playing this game. The damper effects are really bad out of the box, the car was slow and heavy and rear end slip was undetectable until it was too late. Then the rotation was slow and uncontrollable. Subtle information seemed drowned out by the damping effects. Can't speak for other wheel users but this worked for me. Im sure Kunos are working on it, apparently there's a lot more information being sent the to FFB than in AC1. Until they figure out the problem, here are my settings.

Fanatec CSW V1 with V2 motor upgrade.

Had a play with the settings tonight and have completely removed the dampened & muddy feeling.
Wheel slip feels very precise and very easy to catch slides now.
Front wheel traction loss feeling is now definitely improved as well.
The overall fidelity of the FFB is much better, information in the FFB feels instant and much clearer. Car feels more agile and more precise on turn in and exit of corners.
I can still feel the weight transfer of the car but it doesn't drown out the other effects like before.

Ingame settings:
Force - 85
Min - 5

Wheel settings:
SEN - 900
FF - 100
DRL - -03
FOR - 100
SPR - 0
DPR - 0

Last edited:
I don't see how skidpad would help much, in the end, it's still comparing impressions and memories, be it on track or on skidpad. There's no objective way to evaluate FFB feel.
You can design a test that eliminates a lot of variables. Like track camber, inclination, bumps, car balance, grip, driver errors etc. and run very consistent tests of the FFB. With good enough setup the impressions can then be quantified. You can even note exact position of FFB bar.
I've done that in AC, and one other good thing skid pad gives is placebo check: If you can't reproduce an FFB issue on skid pad it is very likely not an FFB issue.

I'm not referring to the feel of the wheel, I'm talking about how the loss of the rear affects the FFB, which should be similar is every car.
Actually I'd say that it's the feel of the wheel that will likely be very similar in all ACC cars. While the issues during loss of rear grip are veeery dependent on the car, due to it's weight and tyre width distribution (plus some front steering geometry). In fact i think hurracan is probably one of the worst cars we could get to test in this regard.

That said i feel like ACC cars will be quite a bit closer in feeling that we had them in AC so yeah, the issues will probably prevail as more cars are released.

It's responses like the ones in these kinds of threads I find fascinating. It proves how subjective something like ffb is. I can understand how Kunos is trying to level set something like ffb by limiting adjustability so feedback is based on a similar basis. Unfortunately, I think ffb is inheritantly such a subjective experience that it seems impossible to try and produce a level set response. I'm thinking they should open up adjustability and see if people can reach a level of satisfaction across the board. If a large population simply can't dial in satisfactory - to them - ffb then that may be a truer indication that they have a problem that needs solving.

It's responses like the ones in these kinds of threads I find fascinating. It proves how subjective something like ffb is. I can understand how Kunos is trying to level set something like ffb by limiting adjustability so feedback is based on a similar basis. Unfortunately, I think ffb is inheritantly such a subjective experience that it seems impossible to try and produce a level set response. I'm thinking they should open up adjustability and see if people can reach a level of satisfaction across the board. If a large population simply can't dial in satisfactory - to them - ffb then that may be a truer indication that they have a problem that needs solving.

This is most probably gonna happen. But the game is not completed yet. I thing people ask too much from an ea. Give them time and feedback. Im sure they will nail it again. Personally im very happy with everything they do. Everyone will be in the end

And here I thought I am the only one wondering about ACC FFB. *Phew*

Not sure about AC being class leading in FFB, but the sim that helps me the most in connecting with the car is still R3E. For me steering feedback is THE most important feature of a good sim. I am completely with Martin Fiala on this. Contrary to being in a real car on a real racetrack I am missing lots of sensations to understand the behaviour of the car. I feel FFB is one of the most appropriate ways to make up for that partially even if it is not completely true to what a real reacecar would give you through the wheel.
But maybe the prob I am having with ACC is more pronounced aince I am using a T500. I gather this was already identified as causing troubles in ACC.

I probably have to wait for later builds and see if FFB improves. :-/

No doubt, opinions on what constitutes "good FFB" are all over the place but, I think it depends largely on what the player wants from the experience. The primary categories being:

• Simulation Purist - nothing but realism, period. "If it's not in the Real car, I don't want it".
  • Competition - only the basic fundamental feedback, anything more is distracting (and maybe seen as a form of cheating in serious competition), "less is more, keep it simple".
  • Immersion is King - need more input, more is better, let me decide, "there's only one reality and all the rest is pretend" so let me play the way I want to (this is me :p:D).

Of course, there are always cases where we may be somewhere in between or even, change depending on the situation or environment.

Personally, I recognize that I'm not naturally talented in ways that make me a great race-car driver, nor a superb gamer. I just really enjoy being immersed in the experience of Sim-racing and a certain amount of information beyond the basic FFB lends itself to the immersive experience, especially when combined with the visual, audio tactile and motion cues. When it all works together, it's an experience on the "next level".

ACC seems to have so much going for it so far but, right now, the FFB experience is lagging behind most of the other aspects. It's strange that I can sense under-steer through tactile-feedback much better than I can through the FFB and the experience actually feels very out of balance in that way. I'm sure I can get used to it but, it differs from other titles in a strange way.

I have much faith in Kunos and I suspect they will have some nice surprises for us down the line so I'm not too worried really, maybe just a bit impatient at times. :geek:

• Deleted member 197115

What concerns me the most is the message from Kunos that this is the way it should be, more or less some minor tweaking.
I'll probably rebuy ACC after final release to try one more time.

Waiting for VR release then will jump into the pool, but really hoping that FFB in it's final form will be on par with RF2. I've been trying and trying to get my other titles FFB tuned to the point where it's close to what I have in RF2, but so far not having a ton of luck except for AC which is close, but still not all there.

Tonight i played ACC with 360 gamepad for 2 hours, i can control this lambo way better than my g27.
Got surprised , control/handling with gamepad in ACC is thousand times better than PC2's.
==========
Tyre model/FFB wise RF2 is a king , no sim can achieve those areas anytime soon.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.