rF2 ASR '91 F1 cars @ Spa-Francorchamps - Thu 13 Dec 2018

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
asr-91-hockflyer-jpg.273151

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server will be available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM ASR F1
Cars: ASR F1 1991 Season
Track: Spa Francorchamps 1988 (Download)

NOTE: Anybody who has already subscribed to the 'F1 1988' item in the Steam Workshop will still need to download the track from the above link.

Fixed Setups: No (Setups can be shared)
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting

Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:35 UTC (20 minutes)
Warm Up 2: 20:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:00 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. [COLOR=#ff0000]Denis Betty[/COLOR]
  2. [COLOR=#ff0000]Craig Dunkley[/COLOR]
  3. Gasper Zupan
  4. Dino Paolini
  5. Pauli Ahonen
  6. kamackeris
  7. Jack Smith
  8. pattikins
  9. Redvaliant
  10. RainhamIron
  11. JBaeumle
  12. Magnus Stjerneby
  13. rustyjabs67
  14. Theo van den Brink
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
utp: #48 DB

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:

Denis Betty

Staff
Premium
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Hi Victor, this is gonna be great. :thumbsup:
Have you tried the combo yet?
No, it's the first time I try these cars in rf2, I have to practice with them yet.
A few questions, when you subscribe to the steam link to download the circuit, rf2 also downloads the cars of season f1 88 but we are going to use the ASR cars of the download links right? A few questions, when you subscribe to the steam link to download the circuit, rf2 also downloads the cars of season f1 88 but we are going to use the ASR cars of the download links right? and what do you recommend using manual H shift whit clutch, sequential or paddle shift?

Denis Betty

Staff
Premium
Good question Victor, thanks for reminding me. The track is currently only available as part of the track pack, which is included in the '88 mod. We are considering offering a link to a stand alone version of the track, however we are still discussing this behind the scenes.

The cars for this event will be the ASR 1991 cars, yes. :thumbsup:

We will let you know our decision on the track, but for now, I advise you to subscribe to the 1988 mod, because there are several, excellent tracks included, which are not available anywhere else (to the best of my knowledge).

Keep watching this thread for any updates on this. :thumbsup:

Denis Betty

Staff
Premium
what do you recommend using manual H shift whith clutch, sequential or paddle shift?
I was led to believe that 91 was around the time that F1 cars were switching from manual, to paddle shifters. Wikipedia states that the '91 Ferrari had a 7 speed semi-automatic transmission. I think that means paddle shift. I like the Williams, which (IIRC) is 6 speed and I prefer manual H-pattern and clutch. But use whatever suits you. It's nice to run the cars with the same gear shift option that they would have used, back in the day, but if you wanna use paddles on a car that had H-pattern, go right ahead. :)

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%