AMS 2 | November Development Roadmap

Some other devs only show up when they want to sell a new car or livery (besides occasional one real improvement every seven years). I impel, exhort, adjure or beseech them to tell the users about their monthly development roadmaps. That is if they are really working on the real physics and infrastructure.

EsxPaul

500RPM
Premium
My worry from watching that F1 car demo is that they will only be able to modify the PC2 physics up to a certain limit instead of throwing them away and starting over.

I have no doubts it will be a massive improvement but will it be enough? I'm not so sure it will be.

David Perel gave his own interpretation of the PC2 physics on a live stream yesterday and summed them up in the best way I've heard yet. Not verbatim but along the lines of "Imagine each circuit was lined with mattresses or trampolines and that's what you were driving on"

AMS2 won't be PC2. I'm sure it will be much better, going by the stellar reputation that Reiza have rightfully earned but I see the DNA is still there and that's worrying.

Before I get my head torn off, I've said this before and repeat that I want my suspicions to be completely unfounded.

Cote Dazur

1000RPM
Not getting a warm feeling when someone feels like they have to re explain how FFB works to explain what they are working on. Sounds to me they are struggling with getting nice FFB feeling from the madness engine, surprise surprise!
Then going on to explain how the car they are working on was a handful undriveable beast in real life but it is better with a DD wheel.
Time will tell, but I will have to test that new game before buying.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
My worry from watching that F1 car demo is that they will only be able to modify the PC2 physics up to a certain limit instead of throwing them away and starting over.

I have no doubts it will be a massive improvement but will it be enough? I'm not so sure it will be.

David Perel gave his own interpretation of the PC2 physics on a live stream yesterday and summed them up in the best way I've heard yet. Not verbatim but along the lines of "Imagine each circuit was lined with mattresses or trampolines and that's what you were driving on"

AMS2 won't be PC2. I'm sure it will be much better, going by the stellar reputation that Reiza have rightfully earned but I see the DNA is still there and that's worrying.

Before I get my head torn off, I've said this before and repeat that I want my suspicions to be completely unfounded.
You should definitely expect AMS2 physics to have Madness DNA as thats the physics engine its running on. That will mean some of its quirks and flaws may still be present in AMS2, just as some quirks and flaws from pMotor2 remained present in AMS1 or from pMotor2.5 in the rF2 Pack. All sim physics engines have their own inherit issues and limitations, and users will have their own subjective take on whats making the cut and what isn’t.

I wouldnt risk suggesting AMS2 physics will satisfy everyone’s take on what realistic physics should be or that its particular quirks won’t rub some people the wrong way - we live in a world where reality seems to be an increasingly subjective concept, and in sim racing in particular people seem to have some particularly fierce belief systems :)

What I can quite objectively guarantee is that the physics engines have more in common than not, that the new one has a substantial net positive in terms of simulation depth and that our development ethos is the same as it’s always been. Hopefully the results are convincing for most sim racers, and we look forward to giving you all the opportunity to make your own judgement :)

BrunoB

500RPM
Premium
Is it only me who is disappointed because there is absolutely no vertical movement of the wheels and suspension components in relation to the chassis.:poop:
In the video it looks like the wheels and suspension components only move up/down when the chassis does it - and not relative to the chassis as in RL (and as in more advanced racing sims).

Check the video again if you didnt realise this issue.:cool:

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Not getting a warm feeling when someone feels like they have to re explain how FFB works to explain what they are working on. Sounds to me they are struggling with getting nice FFB feeling from the madness engine, surprise surprise!
Then going on to explain how the car they are working on was a handful undriveable beast in real life but it is better with a DD wheel.
Time will tell, but I will have to test that new game before buying.
Speaking of subjective interpretations, that’s not a take I would have antecipated from someone reading what was actually written :p but your conclusion is definitely the right one to have :)

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Is it only me who is disappointed because there is absolutely no vertical movement of the wheels and suspension components in relation to the chassis.:poop:
In the video it looks like the wheels and suspension components only move up/down when the chassis does it - and not relative to the chassis as in RL (and as in more advanced racing sims).

Check the video again if you didnt realise this issue.:cool:
Suspension arms havent been animated in this car yet so you are right in that they are definitely static. This is just a lack of graphical representation though and not correlated to the actual suspension physics.

A somewhat related consideration is that the driver head physics have some considerable dampening which absorbs most of the vibrations - this will be adjustable to some degree as its highly subjective to taste.

Cote Dazur

1000RPM
Speaking of subjective interpretations, that’s not a take I would have antecipated from someone reading what was actually written :p but your conclusion is definitely the right one to have :)
Can any interpretation be anything else that subjective?:p
I hope and wish for my and everybody else own sake that everything is peachy on the FFB departement, that any delai has nothing to do with FFB and that I will love to drive AMS2 when it eventually become available, as subjective as my opinion of it can be.:)

mantasisg

1000RPM
I think the physics definitely can be judged from video, but it is difficult to judge the difficulty of handling, how is it important to thread that right amount of speed and slip and how it is demanding to keep direction right, though you can see how fast the car needs to be corrected as it comes in and out of the slides and so on...

I think AMS2 previews looks good physics wise. There are some things to wonder about, and that will be interesting to try when game is released. This being said IMO every sim (especially new) has to be looked at very critically physics wise, well because thats just an essence of a simulation, and simracing. It just wouldn't be normal otherwise.

Miguel Batista

500RPM
Premium
You should definitely expect AMS2 physics to have Madness DNA as thats the physics engine its running on. That will mean some of its quirks and flaws may still be present in AMS2, just as some quirks and flaws from pMotor2 remained present in AMS1 or from pMotor2.5 in the rF2 Pack. All sim physics engines have their own inherit issues and limitations, and users will have their own subjective take on whats making the cut and what isn’t.

I wouldnt risk suggesting AMS2 physics will satisfy everyone’s take on what realistic physics should be or that its particular quirks won’t rub some people the wrong way - we live in a world where reality seems to be an increasingly subjective concept, and in sim racing in particular people seem to have some particularly fierce belief systems :)

What I can quite objectively guarantee is that the physics engines have more in common than not, that the new one has a substantial net positive in terms of simulation depth and that our development ethos is the same as it’s always been. Hopefully the results are convincing for most sim racers, and we look forward to giving you all the opportunity to make your own judgement :)
Wait, so you are saying that the unreleased game that you are working on (which is not even in alpha stage) is still a wip and the assets you show us are not finalized yet?

Le Gasp!

Last edited:
Top Bottom