American Truck Sim | New Audio And More In Version 1.37 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have deployed the much anticipated version 1.37 build of American Truck Simulator - adding a host of new and improved features within the sim.

Top of the interesting changes from this latest build has to be the inclusion of a vastly reworked audio experience thanks to the addition of FMOD... bringing a much deeper and rich audio experience for American Truck Simulator players to enjoy.

Of course this new addition is just a first pass at upgrading the audio within the title, and further tweaking and testing will be taking place over the coming months as SCS Software look to further refine the new features.

With the new audio comes a new feature too... .opening side windows! Yes, a feature you never knew you needed until you had it, now players can wind down the windows on a hot virtual day and get swallowed up in the sounds of wherever it is you are hauling load... cool!

ATS Side Window.jpg

Build 1.37 Update Notes

VEHICLES

FEATURES
  • FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
  • Openable windows on all trucks
  • AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
  • Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
  • Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
  • Added progressive fines.
  • Colour Feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix

TOBII EYE TRACKING
  • Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
  • Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
  • Settings hotkey visibility in UI
MOD
  • Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
  • Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
  • Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
  • AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)

Original Source: SCS Software Blog

American Truck Simulator is available now for PC.

Want to know how to get the most from the software? No worries, throw down a new thread in our ATS sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

ATS Header.jpg

I'm not talking about money, i'm talking about the game itself. That's the cow. They know that if they go all out and implement a ton of missing features and make it a "complete" trucking experience....then where do they go from there? They will have to make a whole new game.
Instead they're "completing" it bit by bit, slowly, in order to squeeze more life out of it without having to make a new one.
That's what happens when there's no competition. If there was a trucking game that had everything ETS and ATS doesn't they would have been forced to complete it AND to start working on the next one.
That makes absolutely no sense.

If there's no competition then they could just launch a new game every year with minimal modifications and fans would buy them. Fifa, Madden, COD and the F1 series are proof of this.
They could literally be making millions of dollars every year by launching a slightly modified game compared to last year, yet they keep working on a single game virtually for free. What do they gain from it? The vast majority of buyers already bought the game, so the developers are literally gaining nothing from these updates.

Free Mack Anthem on the 28th

The more free DLC the more people buy DLC

P.S. The bonnet mirror on it looks hideous, lucky couple of screenshots appear without it

Last edited:
Instead they're "completing" it bit by bit, slowly, in order to squeeze more life out of it without having to make a new one.
That's what happens when there's no competition. If there was a trucking game that had everything ETS and ATS doesn't they would have been forced to complete it AND to start working on the next one.

Your logic is a bit flawed, if it would be the perfect truck driving simulator, there wouldn't be a next one, either, because there would be no possibility to make a better one.

Of course they are keeping the game alive, and they do so by providing substantial updates like changing the graphic engine from DX9 to DX11, implementing a new sound system and so on. And they do it that way, because they listen to their community and implement a lot of ideas of discussions in their forum, actually this is one reason the game has such a following and is still played by a lot of players. Actually I like it that way and will support them by buying all their DLC to keep the game alive as long as possible.

I'm not sure, what you're expecting from a truck driving game in the first place, but maybe somthing like "On the Road" or the upcoming "Alaskan Truck Simulator" is more your cup of tea. Also means, they do have and will get more competition, but until now not very successful.

Free Mack Anthem on the 28th

The more free DLC the more people buy DLC

P.S. The bonnet mirror on it looks hideous, lucky couple of screenshots appear without it

More freebies :), I do wish we'd get some cab overs in ATS though!

I'm not talking about money, i'm talking about the game itself. That's the cow. They know that if they go all out and implement a ton of missing features and make it a "complete" trucking experience....then where do they go from there? They will have to make a whole new game.
Don't get me wrong there's a LOAD of things I want added which I'm hoping they'll start when they finally finish the European map in ETS2. But what do you mean by "complete" trucking experience? The physics of the trucks? More unloading options? better economy? better management?

To make this game "complete" will probably take more years than we will be alive (especially ATS as the map is FAR from complete!).

Oh one thing I really want is full animated drivers arms on the wheel in the cabs, most modern PC racings sims have had it for a while now, just looks weird to me having a wheel turn like a ghost is moving it (personal bug bear).

SCS does take player feedback tho, so maybe one day they will add optional drivers arms. Depending on how your own wheel and monitor setup is oriented, you could consider disabling the in-game wheel via config files to eliminate the ghost effect. Just an option. Need to get my rig setup again and try this update... had to tear it down for some room changes during work from home.

More freebies :), I do wish we'd get some cab overs in ATS though!

Sadly that's unlikely, I watched a dev stream about the licensing situation some time ago, and basically the manufacturers only want to see the models in the game they are actually selling if at all. The only way to get a license is like selling it as a marketing opportunity to them.

It's a commercial market, that works in different ways then the car market, where you have to sell an image to a degree and therefore manufacturers have more intent to support their legacy, too.

Having said that, I most certainly would buy a cabover DLC the second it comes available myself. Maybe in the meantime take a look at the workshop, there's a K100 and a FLB available if you haven't already. Also there's a mod with lots of old engines including some Detroit Diesel variants compatible with 1.37, if I remember right the guys name was robinicus or something close, I'd highly recommend that one, too, if you're in the older stuff.

Edit: Embarrassing typing error...

Don't get me wrong there's a LOAD of things I want added which I'm hoping they'll start when they finally finish the European map in ETS2. But what do you mean by "complete" trucking experience? The physics of the trucks? More unloading options? better economy? better management?

I've suggested they should use WoT for offering Jobs that start in ATS and will be delivered in ETS2 and vice a versa. They even could add some additional economy play with shipping by ship or plane.

Also I've asked for a way to spend the whole lot of money I've earned, for example beeing able to go to a bar on the road side I'm seeing the signs for all the time :).

Edit: typing is hard in the morning.

Sadly that's unlikely, I watched a dev stream about the licensing situation some time ago, and basically the manufacturers only want to see the models in the game they are actually selling if at all. The only way to get a license is like selling it as a marketing opportunity to them.

It's a commercial market, that works in different ways then the car market, where you have to sell an image to a degree and therefore manufacturers have more intent to support their legacy, too.

Having said that, I most certainly would buy a cabover DLC the second it comes available myself. Maybe in the meantime take a look at the workshop, there's a K100 and a FLB available if you haven't already. Also there's a mod with lots of old engines including some Detroit Diesel variants compatible with 1.37, if I remember right the guys name was robinicus or something close, I'd highly recommend that one, too, if you're in the older stuff.

Edit: Embarrassing typing error...
I can never seem to find the actual "trucks" in the workshop, I just find the skins!!!! Very frustrating!!

I've suggested they should use WoT for offering Jobs that start in ATS and will be delivered in ETS2 and vice a versa. They even could add some additional economy play with shipping by ship or plane.

Also I've asked for a way to spend the whole lot of money I've earned, for example beeing able to go to a bar on the road side I'm seeing the signs for all the time :).

Edit: typing is hard in the morning.
Well the addition of walking around the truck in the "garage" (where you fit parts) is an area I hope they expand on to the main game, I play TSW2020 and walking around outside is very well done in that game (although restricted, not sure how SCS would do that).

I'd also like more realistic garage and truck maintenance, garages should cost a monthly amount (power/water/rent etc) and the Employees trucks need to be serviced and replaced every so often etc. In ETS2 I have £1.6 Billion, should be a lot more but a while back I adjusted the economy in the console and I actually lose about a million a week. Less so in ATS, only got $50 million or so but I have less employees in ATS.

I'd also like more realistic garage and truck maintenance, garages should cost a monthly amount (power/water/rent etc) and the Employees trucks need to be serviced and replaced every so often etc. In ETS2 I have £1.6 Billion, should be a lot more but a while back I adjusted the economy in the console and I actually lose about a million a week. Less so in ATS, only got $50 million or so but I have less employees in ATS.
Maybe check out SpedV, interface is a bit confusing at the start, but basically provides what you are looking for. Also, it's free.

Here you go:

On the workshop page for ATS on the right side you can choose the brands and so on, in the field above you can search for the type truck. Still some mods in the wrong category but a lot easier to find.
Maybe check out SpedV, interface is a bit confusing at the start, but basically provides what you are looking for. Also, it's free.
Many thanks for the links and info on the mods!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back