American Truck Sim | New Audio And More In Version 1.37 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have deployed the much anticipated version 1.37 build of American Truck Simulator - adding a host of new and improved features within the sim.

Top of the interesting changes from this latest build has to be the inclusion of a vastly reworked audio experience thanks to the addition of FMOD... bringing a much deeper and rich audio experience for American Truck Simulator players to enjoy.

Of course this new addition is just a first pass at upgrading the audio within the title, and further tweaking and testing will be taking place over the coming months as SCS Software look to further refine the new features.

With the new audio comes a new feature too... .opening side windows! Yes, a feature you never knew you needed until you had it, now players can wind down the windows on a hot virtual day and get swallowed up in the sounds of wherever it is you are hauling load... cool!

ATS Side Window.jpg

Build 1.37 Update Notes

VEHICLES

FEATURES
  • FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
  • Openable windows on all trucks
  • AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
  • Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
  • Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
  • Added progressive fines.
  • Colour Feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix

TOBII EYE TRACKING
  • Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
  • Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
  • Settings hotkey visibility in UI
MOD
  • Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
  • Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
  • Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
  • AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)

Original Source: SCS Software Blog

American Truck Simulator is available now for PC.

Want to know how to get the most from the software? No worries, throw down a new thread in our ATS sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

ATS Header.jpg

When one of my mates started playing it (a very quick racer himself) I laughed and thought “how is driving a truck fun? He’s mad!”.

I picked up euro truck for about a fiver a year later fully intending to refund. 6 hours later I’m stuck in traffic outside Berlin honking my horn and cutting up MINI’s

Honestly it’s really good fun and I’m not quite sure why, and I have ZERO interest in trucks.

(plus you get to swear at traffic when they put the brakes on going up a hill and your mashing gears to keep momentum)

Im absolutely not patronizing here - but if you are into sim racing one way or another its hard to understand why people can be hooked driving such trucks on virtual roads.
Hehe but truck nerds will probably se it the other way around when they look at racing games.:)

I felt a similar mild bemusement when ETS was released, I honestly struggled to see the attraction of driving a truck from city to city with traffic too - which I find utterly frustrating in the real world! I found the reported numbers of players on Steam almost unbelievable too - over 60,000 a night recently, 10x more than any racing game.

Then I bought ETS (a couple of years ago) and yeah I got it, it's hard to describe why but it is both relaxing and enjoyable to pick up a load and thunder along the road at such slow speeds, trying to keep momentum on the hills etc. Once the game opens up and you can buy your own trucks and modify them, carry bigger loads even further etc, run your own company it gets even more enjoyable. Comparisons with Elite Dangerous - where you're often a space trucker - stand up too.

I rate the truck series as the most unlikely enjoyable driving game made yet, it sits alongside other unique driving games like Spintires and BeamNG. I still prefer racing games by a long way but there is something to be said for these alternative driving experience games.

Give it a go if you get the chance you might be pleasantly surprised!

Any chance of sharing your settings? same combo here. I don't have too much of a problem with what I've got going in game, but I know i'm just taking a random stab in the dark at it, you appear to be more knowledgeable.

On a side note the 1.37 got updated to the VR branch this morning. Great news because like people say, it's immersion chillout overload.
Yes same here, I'm taking a random stab at the sound sliders, not sure what is correct and what is not, but it does sound sweet and very immersive having the FMod loving it. The wind down windows is magical. Be good if someone can take a screenshot of their sound settings so we can see what others are using....

... deep down I'm into sim racing, always have been, but I just checked my steam library and notice I racked up more hours into these 2 games ETS2/ATS than any of my sim racing titles???? I guessing a quick race is 10-20mins and ETS2/ATS a job can lasts hours... pure fun...

Last edited:
I agree. VR is the way to go. So immersive. But promods is such a frame rate killer. Soon as I deactivate promods I get a constant solid in and around the cities at 90fps in my index, don’t get me wrong if there was only one mod to have, promods is it. Just wish they can optimise it better for vr. Ats is just as good too. Again as soon as u add any map mods frame rate drops on my 2080ti.
I agree. VR is the way to go. So immersive. But promods is such a frame rate killer. Soon as I deactivate promods I get a constant solid in and around the cities at 90fps in my index, don’t get me wrong if there was only one mod to have, promods is it. Just wish they can optimise it better for vr. Ats is just as good too. Again as soon as u add any map mods frame rate drops on my 2080ti.
In VR I just play the vanilla game, thanks for the enlightenment on your experience with ProMods.. I just have an ordinary 2080, so I think I'll have stay the way I am

Instead of adding major missing features essential for a decent trucking simulation experience.....we get the ability to open windows. Talk about milking the cow....drop by drop...slowly....very slowly. That's what lack of competition does....

Oh by the way, a modder had made working windows AND realistic tachograph....5 years ago. Shows you much more evolved the game would have been if the developers actually wanted to do it.

Last edited:
Im absolutely not patronizing here - but if you are into sim racing one way or another its hard to understand why people can be hooked driving such trucks on virtual roads.
Hehe but truck nerds will probably se it the other way around when they look at racing games.:)
It's driving. As simple as that.
The same question can be asked about dogfighting in an F-16 in DCS and then flying passengers in X-Plane 11. How can someone who's into dogfights, be flying boring airliners FOR HOURS AND HOURS? It's just flying. Simple.
The difference between the two though is that in trucking or airliner simulators you get a more relaxing experience, while still driving/flying. If there was an open world slow paced chopper riding game, i bet Ride and MotoGP players would love it just as much.

Driving trucks is a whole different experience. If only the trucking "simulators" we have were actually trucking simulators and not just arcade truck driving games....it would have been much better.

Looks like the VR beta update is out, too, just got a 3.1G download in the queue. Home office is nice, as soon as the download is done, I'm calling it quits and be on the road in less then a minute :-D

2080ti and youre struggling with frame rate on pro mods how? ive only got a 980ti and it runs on max settings at over 150fps with pro mods and project next gen

The same question can be asked about dogfighting in an F-16 in DCS and then flying passengers in X-Plane 11.
Exactly my thinking.
Because I have been wondering if I should install as example X-Plane - but then I stopped because I thought maybe install a fighter plane game - but why a game where you just start and land and in between you just stare at some controls and puffy clouds:)

Because I have been wondering if I should install as example X-Plane - but then I stopped because I thought maybe install a fighter plane game - but why a game where you just start and land and in between you just stare at some controls and puffy clouds:)
Why not install both and learn the operational procedures of the aircraft. Learning how to properly fly a jetliner can be quite a challenge and can take months to learn everything (and that is for only one aircraft), not to mention the 30+ minutes just to get it from a "Cold & Dark" to "let's start the engines, shall we".

Going from a Cessna 172 to a 737 or bigger (from the learning the insides and out of each aircraft aspect) was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It's like going from a Kart to an F1 car.

Instead of adding major missing features essential for a decent trucking simulation experience.....we get the ability to open windows. Talk about milking the cow....drop by drop...slowly....very slowly. That's what lack of competition does....
Not a lot of drops to milk there. Zero actually. If you own the base game, it will be updated free of charge. You can't buy the update even if you wanted to. No paid dlc's required either.

Not a lot of drops to milk there. Zero actually. If you own the base game, it will be updated free of charge. You can't buy the update even if you wanted to. No paid dlc's required either.
I'm not talking about money, i'm talking about the game itself. That's the cow. They know that if they go all out and implement a ton of missing features and make it a "complete" trucking experience....then where do they go from there? They will have to make a whole new game.
Instead they're "completing" it bit by bit, slowly, in order to squeeze more life out of it without having to make a new one.
That's what happens when there's no competition. If there was a trucking game that had everything ETS and ATS doesn't they would have been forced to complete it AND to start working on the next one.

I'm not talking about money, i'm talking about the game itself. That's the cow. They know that if they go all out and implement a ton of missing features and make it a "complete" trucking experience....then where do they go from there? They will have to make a whole new game.
Instead they're "completing" it bit by bit, slowly, in order to squeeze more life out of it without having to make a new one.
That's what happens when there's no competition. If there was a trucking game that had everything ETS and ATS doesn't they would have been forced to complete it AND to start working on the next one.
Fair enough, i misinterpreted. Personally i don't mind at all this kind of approach of making a solid base to build on for years to come rather than spitting out a brand new version of the same concept every year or so, but to each their own i guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back