• (FILEminimizer) 4R15.PNG
    (FILEminimizer) 4R15.PNG
    676.8 KB · Views: 88
  • (FILEminimizer) 3R15.PNG
    (FILEminimizer) 3R15.PNG
    676.8 KB · Views: 93
Here are my updated 3 and 4 scores of the 5600X on Windows11
You did post some Win11 scores already:
Nice! Seems like Win11 improves things especially when stressing more cores.
723 -> 741
928 -> 990

My 10600k only delivers 628 and 821 points...

Looks like normal fluctuations to me with 754 and 988 now.
Although 723 -> 741 -> 754 does look very interesting! I guess you got some Win11 updates since 4th July of your 741 post?

Gonna be interesting to see if FPS improve! But you didn't really measure these I guess?

Last edited:
You did post some Win11 scores already:
3 threads = 741
4 threads = 990

Looks like normal fluctuations to me with 754 and 988 now.
Gonna be interesting to see if FPS improve! But you didn't really measure these I guess?
The sims all run really smooth under Win11.
It'll be really interesting to see what happens in simulation once I get a good graphics card to allow turning all settings to max.
The extra load on both CPU and GPU should be quite telling.

What are your thoughts , 3000 15-15-15-35 or 3200 16-18-18-38?
Good question...
I tried to put my ram to 3000 15-15-15-35 but it wouldn't boot...

So I did some quick 30 seconds runs in AC and ACC with 16-18-18-38 but 3000 vs 3200.
Due to only being 30 seconds long, only the average fps are usable:

AC: Road Atlanta, 40 AI, starting last
3000:
79,7 / 80,2

3200:
81,3 / 80,4

ACC: Spa, 20 AI, starting last
3000:
72,0 / 71,6 / 71,5

3200:
75,8 / 75,6 / 75,7

When I tested 3200 vs 3466 last year I came to the same conclusion:
For AC, ram barely matters. For ACC it makes quite a difference but clock speed is way more important than timings.
Sadly I can't test tighter timings but I did test this:

Freq.2600320034003466
Timings, 2t16-18-18-3816-18-18-3817-20-20-4117-19-19-36
Trfc560560595607
fps avg.86,094,797,397,4

And here you can see that 3400 with worse timings resulted in higher fps than 3200 with tighter timings.
Meanwhile 3466 with a bit tighter timings didn't make any difference anymore.

It seems to also depend on your cache ratio and general CPU memory controller speed. I did test some DDR4 4000 a few weeks ago when it was in a sale and I didn't see any fps improvement at all in AC or ACC!
I guess if I'd OC my cache ratio though, it would make a difference. Sadly my CPU isn't stable at higher OC's :whistling:

Hi guy's!, I have been out of the game for a while, i sold my sim racing set up 8 months ago regrettably and now i am getting the bug back. i was previously playing in VR with a Rift S, i7-4790 non k + RX5700 non xt, it was ok for racing alone on lowish settings but racing with other car's there was always some kind of performance issues at some point on every track which killed the vibe for me and was part of the reason i sold up because my set up wasn't powerful enough to run it as well as I'd liked.

I recently upgraded to a Quest 2 and i am now fortunately in a better position financially to be able to upgrade my pc (still have old specs listed above), I am out of touch with all the CPU's and GPU's and i am just wanting to see how much i would need to spend to build a decent PC that can run Sim racing games well without having to run everything on low. I would like to play games like AC, ACC, PC2, Automobilista 2 etc.

Hi guy's!, I have been out of the game for a while, i sold my sim racing set up 8 months ago regrettably and now i am getting the bug back. i was previously playing in VR with a Rift S, i7-4790 non k + RX5700 non xt, it was ok for racing alone on lowish settings but racing with other car's there was always some kind of performance issues at some point on every track which killed the vibe for me and was part of the reason i sold up because my set up wasn't powerful enough to run it as well as I'd liked.

I recently upgraded to a Quest 2 and i am now fortunately in a better position financially to be able to upgrade my pc (still have old specs listed above), I am out of touch with all the CPU's and GPU's and i am just wanting to see how much i would need to spend to build a decent PC that can run Sim racing games well without having to run everything on low. I would like to play games like AC, ACC, PC2, Automobilista 2 etc.
First, you need to find out if your gpu or cpu is the bottleneck!
It's probably both at medium settings, but adding other cars is mostly a cpu problem with AC and ACC.
With pc2 and ams2 it's pretty balanced.

The issue: with a good cpu and weak gpu, you can turn down graphics settings while having a nice amount of opponent cars.

With a weak cpu and good gpu, you can turn down the settings as much as you want, but the physics, AI and general calculations will still be too much at some point.
So you can basically race with pretty graphics on your own and that's it.

In my opinion a good cpu is way more important. Currently GPUs are inflated and expensive so it's a bad time to upgrade it.
A gpu is also very easy to change. You buy a new one, detach 1-2 power cables, stick the new one in, attach the power cables basically at the same place and that's it.

With a cpu change, you often have to change the motherboard too so all cables need to be re-done, hard-drive cables, ram sticks etc and often windows has to be re-installed.

So I would always get a cpu for multiple years and swap out the gpu when needed!

But first: set up your vr headset and the Sims, start Taskmanager on the performance tab in the background and do a few laps.
Then check the graphics card load/usage!

If it's below 90%, it's your cpu that is the bottleneck. If it's at more than 90%, the graphics card is the limit.

You can not see the cpu limit directly, sadly. It's complicated, just accept it for the moment.
The graphics card load is the indicator we need.
CPU load can be completely ignored as long as the overall load is not at 100%!

Of course you need to get some stuttering /fps drop to actually see loads above 90%.
Otherwise your hardware is not limiting and the vr headset simply limits the fps for the syncing.

About upgrades:

Currently the amd 5600x is by far the best cpu for us simracers. Not too expensive thanks to only 6 cores (which are enough for all current simracing titles and probably for at least 5 years) but it has almost the same single core performance of the more expensive cpus and a better single core performance than all Intel cpus right now.

Combine it with some cheap 2x 8gb ddr4 3600 and a mid range b550 board (I can recommend the msi b550 gaming plus) and get happy.

When the graphics card prices come down again, upgrade that one :)

Last edited:
First, you need to find out if your gpu or cpu is the bottleneck!
It's probably both at medium settings, but adding other cars is mostly a cpu problem with AC and ACC.
With pc2 and ams2 it's pretty balanced.

The issue: with a good cpu and weak gpu, you can turn down graphics settings while having a nice amount of opponent cars.

With a weak cpu and good gpu, you can turn down the settings as much as you want, but the physics, AI and general calculations will still be too much at some point.
So you can basically race with pretty graphics on your own and that's it.

In my opinion a good cpu is way more important. Currently GPUs are inflated and expensive so it's a bad time to upgrade it.
A gpu is also very easy to change. You buy a new one, detach 1-2 power cables, stick the new one in, attach the power cables basically at the same place and that's it.

With a cpu change, you often have to change the motherboard too so all cables need to be re-done, hard-drive cables, ram sticks etc and often windows has to be re-installed.

So I would always get a cpu for multiple years and swap out the gpu when needed!

But first: set up your vr headset and the Sims, start Taskmanager on the performance tab in the background and do a few laps.
Then check the graphics card load/usage!

If it's below 90%, it's your cpu that is the bottleneck. If it's at more than 90%, the graphics card is the limit.

You can not see the cpu limit directly, sadly. It's complicated, just accept it for the moment.
The graphics card load is the indicator we need.
CPU load can be completely ignored as long as the overall load is not at 100%!

Of course you need to get some stuttering /fps drop to actually see loads above 90%.
Otherwise your hardware is not limiting and the vr headset simply limits the fps for the syncing.

About upgrades:

Currently the amd 5600x is by far the best cpu for us simracers. Not too expensive thanks to only 6 cores (which are enough for all current simracing titles and probably for at least 5 years) but it has almost the same single core performance of the more expensive cpus and a better single core performance than all Intel cpus right now.

Combine it with some cheap 2x 8gb ddr4 3600 abd a mid range b550 board (I can recommend the msi b550 gaming plus) and get happy.

When the cpu prices come down again, upgrade that one :)

"So you can basically race with pretty graphics on your own and that's it."

LOL! This summed up my past experience in one line! I found i could make it look pretty nice when i raced on my own but as soon as i added a few car's FPS would drop like crazy. Man your reply was super helpful! I asked this on another forum and didn't get such a helpful reply after about 10 people replied , I think i will go all in and get a 5600x especially if its likley to last me a few years that will be well worth it, I will keep my current GPU and see how it performs with that CPU, then consider a new GPU if i still need more, Thank's alot!

Hi very interesting thread.
So i can get a ryzen 5 3600 with gtx 1660 super
or
i5 9400f with gtx 1660

Both for about 500-550 all in with water cooler and 16 ram.....

Question, which is 'better' for sim racing.

Currently on i7 4790 and gtx 1060 6gb...

Will both out perform my current set up by a good margin?

Cheers.

Graphics Card:
Source: Rockpapershotgun
GTX-1060-vs-1660-Super-1080-High.png

CPUs:

i7 4790: 2229 ST and 7217 MT
AMD 3600: 2582 ST and 17859 MT
i5 9400f: 2482 ST and 9550 MT
(5600x : 3379 ST and 22160 MT)

Or in FPS: (4790 set to 60 fps)
i7 4790: 60 ST and 60 MT
AMD 3600: 70 ST and 148 MT
i5 9400f: 67 ST and 79 MT
(5600x : 91 ST and 184 MT)

Most simracing titles only gain FPS up to 5 physical cores. So it will be somewhere between the ST and MT difference.
Probably about 72 fps with the 9400f and 76 fps with the 3600.
(And 96 with the 5600x)

If these upgrades are worth it is up to you. I personally wouldn't do it but if you really need an upgrade right now, it might be worth it.
However getting an AMD 5600x right now and then upgrading the graphics card to something like a used 2060 later on will be a lot better...
Or maybe a Radeon 5700 when lots of people upgrade to the latest AMD cards.

RTX 2060: (Source: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Gefo...60-Ti-Benchmarks-Preis-Specs-Release-1335562/)

Dirt Rally 2.0:
photo_2021-08-19_03-39-10.jpg

100% Ryzen. 5950X with Asus M board RTX 3090 Corsair 3200 cl 16 Vengeance tweaked just right 42 cars Sonoma.95 RF2 getting average 90 plus FPS all maxed. Happier then pig in ****. Total OVERKILL, well , who cares.

Last edited:
Just did a cinebench run again after however long it has been, just to check how the cooling is holding up.
Running the R5 3600 at 4.35GHz all core, score on C20 came it at about 3800 and something. With v-droop that was 1.25v and 83Watts power draw, peak temp was 68c. Sounds like its working ok to me?? Thats about a 0.015v drop when on a full all-core load...

Last edited:
I had an i5 6600k operating with 1060 GTX 6gb, and I recently bought a ryzen 7 3700x.
I am very happy with the purchase. I usualy raced with 30 cars in the ACC online and had many frame breaks always between 48 and 60, I had the graphics card at 60% use.
Now I do the same races with about around 80 fps, and I could still increase the graphics a little (now the graphic card usage are always at 100%). My settings are medium but with some epic stuff like textures and light effects with 2560×1080p res (ultra wide 29 screen).

I had an i5 6600k operating with 1060 GTX 6gb, and I recently bought a ryzen 7 3700x.
I am very happy with the purchase. I usualy raced with 30 cars in the ACC online and had many frame breaks always between 48 and 60, I had the graphics card at 60% use.
Now I do the same races with about around 80 fps, and I could still increase the graphics a little (now the graphic card usage are always at 100%). My settings are medium but with some epic stuff like textures and light effects with 2560×1080p res (ultra wide 29 screen).
You might want to look into either activating the ultra low latency "ultra" mode or using temporal upscaling in combination with a fps limit.
The input lag of acc is pretty huge anyway but 100% GPU utilization increases the input lag a lot:
V-Sync-OFF-BarChart-Big.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea