AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

Sorry missed that I think

that is NZXT Cam software it is shocker need to log-in just to have settings retained
and they collecting data even if you untick box

Worse thing I only just started getting since last windows updates is VLC is freezing as soon as you click on Cam software VLC is okay again
Not a worry really if I was gaming I would not have VLC running
I just turn cams off when using VLC then no freeze at all ]@_ low load fan speeds not really important
Oh, okay, I probably have enough monitoring with ryzen master, cpu-z, hwinfo64, gpu-z etc ,lol.

Some testing I have done
1573198239296.png

1573198294227.png

I use the Ryzen High Performance profile in the Control Panel' power options.
Last evening, I updated my MSI X470 Gaming Plus with the new E7B79AMS.AG2 BIOS (with 1.0.0.4).
The overall clocks initially appeared lower than 1.0.0.3.
It was only after checking that setting above, that I realized they had somehow changed to the Ryzen Balanced profile.
With the settings rectified... I've noticed all values exactly as before, the minimum and maximum values on all cores are closer and in actual gaming, it seems even more 'fluid'.

I use the Ryzen High Performance profile in the Control Panel' power options.
Last evening, I updated my MSI X470 Gaming Plus with the new E7B79AMS.AG2 BIOS (with 1.0.0.4).
The overall clocks initially appeared lower than 1.0.0.3.
It was only after checking that setting above, that I realized they had somehow changed to the Ryzen Balanced profile.
With the settings rectified... I've noticed all values exactly as before, the minimum and maximum values on all cores are closer and in actual gaming, it seems even more 'fluid'.
Have you run cinebench at all to see if there is any difference in single and multicore performance between ryzen balanced and high performance? I found some difference between windows balanced and ryzen balanced

@F1Aussie...
I have not yet run a comparison test between balanced and performance with CineBench.
The actual gaming performance is so good at this point, I really have not done as much as I would normally.
ACC will run all cars at very high setting very smoothly.
It is very close to broadcast quality.
That 3600X is really surprising me.

@F1Aussie...
I have not yet run a comparison test between balanced and performance with CineBench.
The actual gaming performance is so good at this point, I really have not done as much as I would normally.
ACC will run all cars at very high setting very smoothly.
It is very close to broadcast quality.
That 3600X is really surprising me.
I have been very pleasantly surprised with my 3900x as well, I had never really held amd in high regard, but I have completely changed my mind now. Apart from better fps the smoothness is the biggest differentiating factor between my old Intel system and this.

Buyer beware lol

Decided I build tower for summer using my B450, memory and add a cheap 3200G
As these ran with 3900X faultless I assumed any Ryzen 3 would work .... ...wrong lol
Put board and ram in cheap tower/PSU and new 3200G ....red light on CPU
In 3 kits of ram only one would boot single channel
3600C18D Neo 8GB ran nice CPU-Z was a few notches ahead of reference even with 1 stick

It was only then I bothered checking support
Only 6 ram kits ! you kiddin' me look ........

picasso-memory-support.png

1x16GB kit ....the rest are 32GB and 64GB kits ?
WHY on EARTH would you run 32/64GB with this CPU :O_o: ..even 16GB is overkill

GPU only leaves 5.95GB which is fine but after summer who is going to buy it with a single stick, you would think was something wrong with it

Any hows I was lucky enough to find one supplier had the 16GB kit .......it must work...right ?

I will sell other 2 kits at loss and lesson learned always check support

If you thinking bent CPU pins I got the same result when I retried the 3900X and it is happily running with new X570 and memory ....so
I think it may be I never reset bios before pulling apart
Something tells me if I added a video card it would run any memory
PSU in it would not run RTX2080 only card I have and I was not pulling PSU out of my gaming tower
Probably should have went to local store and borrowed a test card , rams ordered just hope that works

Any of you guys tried the core clock boost per CCX yet?
I have my system running that configuration and the performance (in my case) is actually higher than all cores boost.

Zen2 architecture uses chiplets comprising of CCXs.
During Cinebench R20 testing, I discovered that three cores in sequence (3, 4, 5) would boost to 4400.
Cores 0, 1, 2 were a bit slower at 4375, 4350 and 4350 respectively.
By setting 'CPU Ratio Apply' to CCX...instead of all cores, you are essentially treating them as individual CCXs.
The latest version of Windows 10 uses pinning to seek out the fastest performing cores for most of the 'heavy-lifting'.
I saw a nice, consistent increase in performance.

Last edited:
If you own an MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard, the last 1.0.0.4 beta BIOS has now been replaced by a full release.
It has an additional setting for mouse scrolling smoothness included as well.
The board has matured very nicely and is running very, very well.

I have a B450 Tomahawk Max in its box unopened at the moment.
I also have the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon running in my rig right now.
I was thinking about using the max board due to the gaming Pro seemingly crapping out on me but it was in fact the PSU that was DOA... weird as it was a Corsair
I'm now considering selling both boards and getting an x570 to be ready for 4000 series CPUs
My b450 is running great now though. 3600x is boosting between 4350 and 4400 without touching it. All I did was manually adjust ram timings which seems to have given me a boost in performance. :thumbsup:

I have a B450 Tomahawk Max in its box unopened at the moment.
I also have the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon running in my rig right now.
I was thinking about using the max board due to the gaming Pro seemingly crapping out on me but it was in fact the PSU that was DOA... weird as it was a Corsair
I'm now considering selling both boards and getting an x570 to be ready for 4000 series CPUs
My b450 is running great now though. 3600x is boosting between 4350 and 4400 without touching it. All I did was manually adjust ram timings which seems to have given me a boost in performance. :thumbsup:
Run R20 to see which cores are fastest. It will be reflective in the max clock scores in something likr HWinfo.
If the fastest cores are numerically aligned...0,1,2 or 3,4,5 etc try the steps posted above.
Let me know what you find.
I can't believe the performance of this little chip with that done and tighter timings.
I'm not on any fancy ram...just Ballistix Sport DDR4-3000 at 1T, 13, 17, 17, 17, 35

Last edited:
Run R20 to see which cores are fastest. It will be reflective in the max clock scores in something likr HWinfo.
If the fastest cores are numerically aligned...0,1,2 or 3,4,5 etc try the steps posted above.
Let me know what you find.
I can't believe the performance of this little chip with that done and tighter timings.
I'm not on any fancy ram...just Ballistix Sport DDR4-3000 at 1T, 13, 17, 17, 17, 35
My min / max on HWinfo shows all my cores max values like this
0, 4349
1, 4374
2, 4349
3, 4399
4, 4374
5, 4399
But when I run R20 all cores current value only hit 4074...

My min / max on HWinfo shows all my cores max values like this
0, 4349
1, 4374
2, 4349
3, 4399
4, 4374
5, 4399
But when I run R20 all cores current value only hit 4074...
HWinfo score is okay. Work being done across all cores without peaking.
Perfect candidate.
Run multicore R20 test...then adjust core ratio per CCX and re-run same test. See if score increases. CCX 2 looks to be faster with 2 cores 1 point shy of established maximum. Latest version of Win 10 should direct most of the work to that one.
Check power profile in Device Manager to make sure AMD high power is selected.

Last edited:
I've been having some cpu bottleneck issues with my FX8350/1070ti, so I just ordered a 7-2700X. It looks like performance is very close to the 9-3900x, but it's $190 vs $500.

I got the X570 motherboard so I can upgrade if 9 series comes down - which I suspect it will.

Anyone else running the 7-2700x?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea