AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

I don't use Ryzen Master
In Bios I set :
43.5 x 100
1.25v voltage
XMP - 3600 C18

other then that all stock bios

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 load is 60-70C
Phanteks Evolv X tower has really good cooling much better then corsair cases I used to buy

P.S. Kraken runs better then any Corsair AIO I have had
Now hot weather comes I will knock it back to 4.2GHz, even stock in runs fast enough for 1440p Gsync + RTX2080
3900x-kraken-x62.jpg

I don't regret buying lower end motherboard and memory whatsoever ;)

MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC - 228 AU
G.Skill Neo 3600 C18 slowest timings - 189 AU

Oh mind you ....
Took 3 times to seat cooler proper ( never tightened enough )
It ran all day with absolutely no TIM on CPU yes really true
I got anxiety the 3rd time and dropped the waterblock onto the CPU
Taking that into account I one lucky sod I got these results
people told me I was crazy for getting such a cheap mobo with 3900X
I proved that is hyperbole if nothing else
What is that app on the right side of your picture?

Okay, thanks Terry.
Had a couple of races in ACC tonight and the one that really surprised me was I tried a quickrace at spa with 49 opponents, I started from back of grid @ 8am with clear weather. 150% resolution and all other settings on high. At the start I had a minimum of 61fps but mainly between 70-80. The only time it dropped below 60 was on the first lap at the bus stop chicane where it dropped to 57 for a couple of seconds. Has anyone else tried with this many AI? If so what were your results?

............ but now have a lot of things to reinstall, that will take weeks I reckon.

That is where spending some of the time doing fresh OS
You can make archives that largely make " re-installing " a breeze
From that you make archives you can drag and drop into all windows main folders
Many things can be retained by exporting registry

I can do a fresh W10 updated manually in 2 hours that will have every sim, steam origin every tool working
Worst is re-downloading Forza I do while sleeping

Below examples within my FRESH OS archive
do all VC in one click never waiting for any program to re-install them
most all tools situated in the same archive with Classic shell pinned start menu copied in seconds
all those working by 45 saved registry

That is only a tip of what you can do, sure it takes much time to create the best "fresh OS" archive but well worth it in the long run and you just keep improving your archive in novel ways ;)

That is where spending some of the time doing fresh OS
You can make archives that largely make " re-installing " a breeze
From that you make archives you can drag and drop into all windows main folders
Many things can be retained by exporting registry

I can do a fresh W10 updated manually in 2 hours that will have every sim, steam origin every tool working
Worst is re-downloading Forza I do while sleeping

Below examples within my FRESH OS archive
do all VC in one click never waiting for any program to re-install them
most all tools situated in the same archive with Classic shell pinned start menu copied in seconds
all those working by 45 saved registry

That is only a tip of what you can do, sure it takes much time to create the best "fresh OS" archive but well worth it in the long run and you just keep improving your archive in novel ways ;)

Interesting, tbh I haven't minded Re-installing everything manually, my old PC had 6 years of stuff on it and it was probably a good thing to thin some of that out and have vanilla versions of programs again.
Had been a big learning curve but have been happy with the end result so far.

I ran fraps in old 4770k and tonight with new 3900x, using same GPU and same settings.
In F1 2019 at 4k just a slight increase in min, Ave and max, about a 3 fps increase. At 1080p in dry about a 10 fps increase in Ave and max but a 26% increase in min rates. In wet about 30% increase across the board.
In ACC I need to retest.
In rf2, this was the biggest surprise, 43 fps improvement in min, Ave and max and with slightly higher settings. This equates to a 50% increase in min, a 40% Ave increase and a 33% increase in max fps.

Hello Ryzen users, especially those who have experience with Zen+. I'm trying to choose RAM for 2600x + Asus Strix X470-f combo. Which one of these kits would be a sensible choice?

a) G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (110-130 €) or F4-3200C14D-16GTZR (180-200+ €). These are on QVL from both Asus & G.Skill so I suppose they should most likely be compatible? (I'm not too fond of RGB stuff though...but I guess it doesn't have to be enabled.) (Supposedly) Ryzen optimized GTZRX variants are also sporadically available.

b) G.Skill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX (140-150€). on QVL from G.Skill but not from Asus. Seems to be the cheapest CL 14 kit I can get. FlareX kits should be Ryzen compatible without much hassle?

c) Some random cheap 3200 Mhz CL16 kit like Corsair Vengeange LPX or Kigston HyperX Fury or something similar. Would be the most cost-effective choice but is it a good idea? I've read much about Ryzen's pickiness with memory but I'm not sure how much of it is true and how much of it is the usual internet hysteria & exxageration.

New Custom power Plan with 4.6GHz Boost

You have to set the following in your BIOS, under "CPU Features" or "AMD_CBS":
  • Global C-state Control = Enabled
  • Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
  • CPPC = Enabled
  • CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
  • AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
  • PPC Adjustment = PState 0
If you can't find certain settings, such as "AMD Cool'n'Quiet" or "PPC Adjustment", do not worry, they are of secondary importance. Some motherboard manufacturers just hide them.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/1usmus-custom-power-plan-ryzen-3000-zen-2/

Last edited:
Won't work for me those settings
Sure I got new high scores for CPU-Z but means little if running hotter

I went back reset bios to dead stock then:

1. Set core manually
2. XMP 3600 C14 ( I know that is not correct, I install new M/B before I worry about it)
3. Voltage override set to 1.25V

That is all I do and Runs lovely like that

I read about that new power plan early in the week, apparantly it is very hit and miss. My stock settings already get 555 single core points in cinebench and 4625mhz on one or two cores a d 4600 on another and max 4500 on the first 6 cores and 12 threads according to afterburner.
Does anyone know what the difference is between windows balanced power setting and the ryzen one?

555 Nice . if I don't pick up 3 points with X570 Auros Pro Wifi be most disappointing
How close can you get to all cores 4200@1.2v
I do 4350 @1.25v rock solid but won't do the v1.2 ........... :( <<< :laugh:
Still amazed by B450 Carbon AC $225AU with wifi/BT5

Last edited:
This pertains to the first balanced power plan, so what has changed I don't know

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR PROCESSOR

Users of 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors should expect the following behaviors from their processor
after this plan is in place:

1. If a processor core is actively running a low-demand workload, you will see the chip running at
approximately 99% of base clock and core voltage up to 1.2V. A properly functioning monitoring
tool should always show values clustered around here, unless...

2. If a processor core is truly running no workload, the processor core will be placed into the “Core
C6” (CC6) power-gated sleep state. Presently, AMD Ryzen Master is the only tool that can show
this CC6 state (Figure 3 below). This state may be opportunistically engaged hundreds of times
per second. Voltages in this condition might be as low as 0.200V, and clockspeeds down to
0MHz/Sleep are also possible.
a. Sidenote: It is also possible for all cores to be in CC6. If this happens, the processor can
selectively shut down uncore components and enter an even deeper state called
Package C6 (PC6).

3. Unless a monitoring tool is capable of probing and reporting CC6 sleep state, the tool may
simply report out the last voltage and clockspeed that was observed before the processor went
to sleep. This may give the illusion that the CPU is “stuck,” which can be interesting if the CPU
jumped from high boost to sleep.
a. Sidenote: Probing the deeper PC6 state wakes the processor and ruins the power
savings. A processor in PC6 will not update your tool(s) until cores are awake.

4. Boost voltages up to ~1.5V should be expected if the processor is truly under some sort of load.
We understand that this is quite different from what you may have experienced with other
processors, but it is normal behavior for an AMD Ryzen CPU.

5. Frequency boost can and will happen on the desktop. Voltage is required to support boost. OS
background tasks, and tasks that appear trivial (e.g. websites heavy with Javascript), can be
more demanding than you think. Even an idle desktop may have substantial background tasks.

6. If you measure power at the wall (e.g. Kill-A-Watt device), there should be a small difference
between the Windows Balanced and updated AMD Ryzen Balanced power plans. When running
the new AMD Ryzen Balanced plan you should expect power usage to be around ±5W versus the
Windows Balanced plan. Meanwhile, the unique changes to our plan are better suited to
exploiting the performance capabilities of 3rd Gen Ryzen™.

7. We know some enthusiasts have been using the Balanced power plan that ships with Windows
10 as a temporary workaround for the frequency/voltage behaviors described in this blog. This
workaround is no longer required.

8. As temperature is a function of voltage and frequency, desktop processor temperatures should
incrementally decline with the new plan. This is because the processor will spend less time
reaching for an unneeded boosted voltage and frequency target. But it goes without saying: any
processor will see transient temperature spikes if boost was applied to handle some sort of
workload (a browser with tons of tabs, for example).

9. And on a myth-busting note: users should not try to set a maximum processor state of 99% in a
custom power plan. This disables boost by locking the processor to the base clock.

Novice builds 1st performance PC and it runs .......the nightmare has only just begun

What gets me is why CPU/Mobo/Memory manufactures don't get together and release all in one packages
you drop into tower
All kits tested with specific parts and all bios ram timings on USB stick with pdf report

I would pay premium for that

edit oh oh lol ...as well M2 drive pre-installed with tweaked OS, drivers, yadda

Last edited:
What is that app on the right side of your picture?

Sorry missed that I think

that is NZXT Cam software it is shocker need to log-in just to have settings retained
and they collecting data even if you untick box

Worse thing I only just started getting since last windows updates is VLC is freezing as soon as you click on Cam software VLC is okay again
Not a worry really if I was gaming I would not have VLC running
I just turn cams off when using VLC then no freeze at all ]@_ low load fan speeds not really important

Last edited:
555 Nice . if I don't pick up 3 points with X570 Auros Pro Wifi be most disappointing
How close can you get to all cores 4200@1.2v
I do 4350 @1.25v rock solid but won't do the v1.2 ........... :( <<< :laugh:
Still amazed by B450 Carbon AC $225AU with wifi/BT5
Oops, it is 525 in cinebench and 555 in cpu-z,
Haven't tried the all core and voltage testing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.