Alright when was that again.....?

That egomaniac just won a F1 race. What about you?

And without that egomaniac, Force India would likely have gone bankrupt. Stroll put together a group of investors, turned the team around, rebranded it Aston Martin for 2021, solidified its relationship with Mercedes and insured the long term future of the team.

So you know what? The guy earned massive bragging rights.
Your first sentence amply proves why you see nothing wrong with his attitude.

According to him, RP ended up with two cars on the podium based purely on merit, not luck. After all, it was a totally normal race, and the RP cars just overtook everyone to get there. There was no luck at all for RP that both Mercs were taken out of contention by bad moves behind the pit wall, or that Verstappen was eliminated on lap one by a boneheaded move by Leclerc. Nope... no luck at all, pure merit.

Perez drove one heck of a race, and deserves a lot of credit, but he doesn't get to the top step of that race without a healthy dose of luck, either. He would likely be the first one to admit that. That doesn't take anything away from his drive, it's just a fact. At the end of the day, a win is a win, and that's what matters. Perez was very humble in the post-race interviews because he understands all that, and because that is the way he has always presented himself. Lawrence Stroll, on the other hand, came across as a braggart and a tool, which is not a good look on anyone.

A little humility would have especially been advisable in this case, when Racing Point's first F1 win came from the driver that Lawrence Stroll decided wasn't worth keeping next year...

Or maybe Max just looks that superior because he has a weak team-mate, arguably even weaker than Bottas. That theory works both ways.
That's nonesense. I truly believe that it plays a big role how drivers are supported by a team and the case of Gasly shows this. Last year he was nowhere, looking like a complete idiot and this year he is driving fantastic races, even winning one. If you consider that Albon allways got treated like a no2 driver receiving older spec sparts etc, I think it's safe to say that the amount of support that one driver in a team receives, plays a very big part to their success and performance. I think there are some exceptions and drivers who are so mentaly strong, that they can deal with whatever comes their way much better than others. But it allready starts with tires or even cars that suit one particular driver in a team better and are designed to do so. Thatswhy Vettel looks like a total douchbag while Charles preferes a loose car and Seb a stable one. If you have to adapt to something while your closest opponent doesn't need to do it, you have lost allready as it means more work. And with the current set of rules you can't afford that lost time or the usage of more tire sets, as the operating window is so tight with too many variables.

Damn, what a heartbreaking race. Russel has been delivering a perfect performance all weekend long, he would have won the replacement race so easily.. and then Mercedes just throws away the win for both drivers so stupidly, it's unbelievable. So unlucky, when do they ever make mistakes like that? Of course it had to be during the one day that it just must not happen. Regardless, everyone with eyes has seen Russel's moves today. He clearly deserves the next mercedes seat, be it the one from Hamilton or Bottas, doesn't matter.

Also a wonderful drive from Perez. I'm happy that he earned his first win too, it surely should not stay his last. If Red Bull has any brains, they will take him over Albon, nothing else would make sense.

Yeah, count me in the camp who believes Hamilton and Russell are both great drivers. Bottas sucks, he may be one of the least inspiring characters in all of sport (really). Mercedes doesn't want Hamilton to have any competition and, while I get their reasons for that, both they and Hamilton need to understand that Hamilton's incredible achievements over this era are always going to have a little asterisk next to them for many of us. He's among the greats, but it's likely he retires with all of us being deprived of ever really knowing exactly how great. Just my 2 cents.

Heartbreaking to see how hard Russell was taking the outcome after the race. He should know that anyone who matters saw exactly the stuff he was made of today. With Max out of the race, George was clearly the class of the field and would have gotten P1 if not for some bad luck.

Yes i agree Russell is a great driver...problem is though when he is back in the Williams next week getting lapped by Bottas, its all going to again make F1 look a bit silly isn't it...

Bottas has beaten Lewis on merit a few times and been faster in Qually at times, but he just this weekend got it handed to him.
Make of that what you will...

Today's facts:
-Perez drove one hell of a season, finally leading to a well deserved win after one hell of a comeback;
-Russel is the real deal, for the love of god let's not waste him on Williams for another year;
-We all already knew this, but todays race confirmed how bad Bottas is on sunday, he can't drive, second tier driver;
-Hamilton is good but not that good, it's the car that is godlike.

Yes i agree Russell is a great driver...problem is though when he is back in the Williams next week getting lapped by Bottas, its all going to again make F1 look a bit silly isn't it...

Bottas has beaten Lewis on merit a few times and been faster in Qually at times, but he just this weekend got it handed to him.
Make of that what you will...
There've also been plenty of races when Bottas got cought out by bad luck (Silverstone, Imola, this one and the last one that just come to my mind). So how do you deal with it while Russel crashed on his own a few times? Might be that the Williams is harder to drive, but it's not that Bottas get's served everything on a silver plate either.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.