Alright when was that again.....?

If Lewis didn’t have the fastest car in Turkey then I must have been mistaken, he drove the Mercedes F1 car right? The fastest F1 car ever!
I’m not trying to diminish Lewis’s traits, he is an exception driver but as I’ve said before he would not have won as many championships without that car.
This is how your story sounds:
Lewis came close to winning in his first year, won it in his second (thanks to Timo Glock). Then.... 5 years pass without a championship as apparently Vettel improved his skills so much that he won 4 championships in a row (lucky? Or best car?) and also Button had driving lessons so he won a championship too.
Then Lewis signs for Mercedes who had been developing the hybrid system for a year already, hey presto!
Nope, it was because Lewis remembered how to drive again or had the same lessons that Button received, so he won two championships.
Nico found out where Lewis got his lessons from and beat him in 2016 but Lewis found a better instructor so hasn’t been beaten since.
So now he is the best driver ever!
Lewis didn't have the fastest car that weekend because he didn't take pole, and he is the all-time pole leader. Even more so, he didn't have the best performing car that weekend either. He just took the thing by its throat and made it work for him, that's what he does. Okay, I don't know how many times that I have to say this to you people, but no driver wins without a winning car. The only question is how consistent can you be as a driver, and Lewis is extremely consistent.

I like Vettel, but he can only win in a certain kind of winning car, and under a certain set of conditions within the team that suits him. He can't win when he is placed under extreme pressure even with a winning car, but Lewis does win when placed under any on track pressure. Plus Lewis go through an evolution every year. Plus Lewis has faced tougher teammates than even Schumacher. He has had more championship winning teammates to face and has mostly came out on top every time. Even Wolff has admitted that 2016 was a bad year for Lewis because of a bad engine he had that year.

But it wasn't just one bad engine, it was several - and only that season hmmmm. If your only point is about the fastest car, then I'm afraid you know little about the history of the sport.

As far as whatever else you are talking about I can't tell.

Last edited:
In the Merc. No...But then this weekend from FP1 to the race no one was close to Russell's level.. a guy who in a weeks time or whatever will be getting lapped in the Williams..

What does that tell you about F1 as a drivers championship?

Perez this season in the pink Merc proves the point too, as does Kimi's demise in the Alfa, LeClerc and Vettel in the red car.

But no better explanation for it all than the backmarker dominating this weekend...

If Lewis stepped into the Williams he'd no longer be at an unattainable level...he'd be languishing mid field at best...

Why do you think BoP exist in other series?

F1 isn't and never has been a place for a level playing field.
It's like a football match with one team having a huge goal the width of the pitch and the other a basket.....unfair....
And there will be no better example of that when Russell is struggling to get out of Q1 next week in the Williams...

The damage is done to all but the most fervent Lewis fan boys..

I never said anything about that the car does not matter, calm down with the post.
Ofcourse Lewis would never win a race this year with Russels car. However, i don't care about any of that since that is not the point i am trying to make.

• Deleted member 963434

look how toto smiling, you can see from his eyes, hes glad he has mask on but yo can see in his eyes he smiling his plan succeded to Russel not win, now people telling Hamilton would win but if it was Hamilton nothing like that wont happen, i lost all respect to toto wolf

Hamilton is a 7 time world champion and has proven himself over and over again.
Any good F1 driver would be front row with the Merc on a track that is almost oval.

Hmm easy track with all the trafic. you have to do it and Russel did it. Maybe you are a Lewis fan boy and that is your right but go on and say it again .. without competition anyone can become xxxxxxxx world champion that is easy. so actually still can't see how good Lewis really is

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

mercedes screwed him on purpose, but people see everything
comment_16072846399jQG9L7kG2PWVE6UMaIjOw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewis didn't have the fastest car that weekend because he didn't take pole, and he is the all-time pole leader. Even more so, he didn't have the best performing car that weekend either. He just took the thing by its throat and made it work for him. That's what he does. Okay, I don't know how many times that I have to say this to you people, but no driver wins without a winning car. The only question is how consistent can you be as a driver, and Lewis is extremely consistent.

I like Vettel, but he can only win in a certain kind of winning car, and under a certain set of conditions within the team that suits him. He can't win when he is placed under extreme pressure even with a winning car, but Lewis does win when placed under any on track pressure. Plus Lewis go through an evolution every year. Plus Lewis has faced tougher teammates than even Schumacher. He has had more championship winning teammates to face and has mostly came out on top every time. Even Wolff has admitted that 2016 was a bad year for Lewis because of a bad engine he had that year.

But it wasn't just one bad engine, it was several - and only that season hmmmm. If your only point is about the fastest car, then I'm afraid you know little about the history of the sport.

As far as whatever else you are talking about I can't tell.

So when is Lewis under presure not his teammate xxxx years

Extremly consistent? Maybe he drive in the best car...good balance en good speed it helps

Today Bottas's career has started to end, no longer Halmilton fans can claim Bottas is a great driver that just has had the bad luck to be team mate with the best driver in history. Every time he has any pressure to perform he sinks like a stone in a pond.

How many times he has screw up a race start this season?, he lost control of his car twice in imola, he had a misserable turkish gp, he was overtaken from the outside at stirian gp by Verstappen with a car that in normal conditions was 1 second slower and had his rear tyres destroyed by then. The guy is a glorified midfield driver driving an overpowered car that makes him seem a god. Today Russel has obliterated that facade up to such a point that even Hamilton wdc's in mercedes cars now seem a lot more terrenal and no special at all.

The value of the last 6 wdc of Hamilton has tanked big time, had he kept in mclaren now he would be as the hotheaded eternal promise that only won a wdc in the last corner against a midfield driver in a ferrari, and Rosberg would be claimed to be the goat.

That car is so op that it has been glaringly obvious that You can make someone that barely beats (and not always) by only mere few seconds a paydriver (Latifi) on sundays just jump mid season in that overpowered car and instantly be fighting for poles, leading races in Hamilton fashion with ease and make overtakes in a way that made him seem like a racing god when in a normal gp he struggle in the races quite a lot in traffic.

If Russel can soundly beat Bottas in a Hamilton fashion, then Leclerc, Verstappen, Ricciardo and maybe Alonso if he still has it also can do even better, yesterday Leclerc put that brick of a car ahead of Russel for a brief time, and Verstappen almost beated both mercedes with a worse car that a week ago was 6 tenths faster per lap.

British media has been telling us for years how Hamilton have such unreachable speed, how every year he is getting better and how Bottas is such an underated driver that keeps Hamilton honest just to glorify Hamilton's image, justifying 5 tenths gaps to other rivals as just his and Bottas's talent. This weekend has been made obvious that most of the drivers are within 2-3 tenths of second, so Hamilton no longer can claim to be so special, someone just jumped into the car and inmediately was at Hamilton levels up to such point that if nobody had told us that Hamilton wasn't there this weekend we all would think that Hamilton was in the car.

I still can remember of a time in where Hamilton used to drive for mclaren when he still had a car capable of winning races but not overwhelmingly as now. I remember him equaling Alonso making him seem very promising but after that he believed his own hype and got full of himself proceeding of crashing left, right and front loosing good podium and win oportunities until 2012, or how he spent a full season crashing in a clumsy way with massa every time both of them shared the same piece of asphalt. When a driver has a op car and weak team mates, the driver no longer needs to drive close to the limit all the time and it makes it seem as if the driver is a machine that never makes mistakes.

Toto gave the middle finger to Vandoorne to sit there Russel and send a message to Hamilton to make him understand that right now mercedes does not need of his services to win both championships, he is only kept because of all the mith that all that winning and the british media created around him, that is very markeateable, and also help to improve mercedes image in the american market and with the black community world wide.

Now Hamilton will need to step down of his high horse and ask for a salary a lot more terrenal.

Last edited:
This is one of only a handful of times I've given my vote to a driver with the quickest car.

It feels wrong not to give my vote to Perez in some ways, because he fully deserved to win at least one race in his Formula One career. His consistency and pace throughout his career have been solid, and today were as good as ever.

Lewis Hamilton is not an easy man to replace, but today George Russell did. Today, he demonstrated that he would have what it takes to fight for championships in a Mercedes. Even if it is one he doesn't fit properly, and has not raced before...and that is quite something.
Same here, the first time I have been rooting for a Merc. George was doing a Lewis in his first race! Incredible.

It is silly to claim that LH can now be kicked out based on one race where the reserve driver finished 9th (albeit with a commendable performance), but hey knock yourselves out if that’s the level of thought and commentary we can expect on the forum lately.

The only really bad thing that botass did today was the start – fluffed it up again; however, every race at least one of them gets a bad start.
If one pays attention and watches the race, botass did gain on the lead driver quite noticeably after the first pit stop – the gap went to 8 seconds after the undercut but dropped considerably when botass started to find some pace.
Of course the farce under the safety car pit stop compounded problems for both of them, with botass put out on old tyres to the end of the race; that gets ignored with selective memory.

In fact, that was very bad luck today for both of the Mercedes drivers.

Last edited:
Russell was excellent and should have won (logically), but Perez went from last to first in a Racing Point so he gets my vote.

Russell's turn will come soon, no question. He should be in the Mercedes in 2021, not Bottas.
Well, you don't want 2 champoinship contends , you want one and then someone who collects points but is happy with 2nd

I heard there is still spot left in that team , now that would be quite something

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back