Alright when was that again.....?

I don't get why people think this makes Hamilton's wins not special. If you put at least any of the top 5 drivers in the best car of any year of F1, more times than not they will win...especially if it's a car that's a MP4/4 or a FW14B or a Merc W11. Why must this be said every week?

Russell is fast. Hamilton is fast. Two drivers can be fast...it's not rocket science.

Destroying all junior series in equal machines, Equalling to beating Alonso in the same car and all his records and consistency should prove this...to ignore this is blatant bias compared to all other legends. Face your bias, don't dress it up with alternative facts.

Russell is an F2 champ and has been an exceptional driver from the start...not surprised he did what he did. I will agree that it proves Bottas is not as great as them both...especially since he's been in the car all season and George is in an uncomfortable and somewhat unfamiliar car.

Your coping. Merc's cars are the best, even Latifi in his first year would get a podium somewhen in the season if he drove in a Merc.

It's like in Assetto Corsa, you can set AI to 100%, give everyone a Fiat 500 and give yourself a Lambo, voila you win while swiping left and right on Tinder.

My God, what a race, so sorry for Russell, so happy for Pérez.. and please F1 use this layout from now on..
It may not be the most brilliant layout for drivers, but undeniably... What a great race! Russell proved he should get the seat of Bottas and Perez proved he should stay in F1 and should get Albons seat. And at the end of next season Stroll Sr. will regret his decision to ditch Perez.

Your coping. Merc's cars are the best, even Latifi in his first year would get a podium somewhen in the season if he drove in a Merc.

It's like in Assetto Corsa, you can set AI to 100%, give everyone a Fiat 500 and give yourself a Lambo, voila you win while swiping left and right on Tinder.

Thats the BIG problem of F1 the merc is toooo long the best car, this weekend was very clear they dont miss Lewis with all respect. There are manny young and good drivers they can win in this car easy. In other words it say a lot of Max Verstappen the only one can split the mercedes

Last edited:
This is one of only a handful of times I've given my vote to a driver with the quickest car.

It feels wrong not to give my vote to Perez in some ways, because he fully deserved to win at least one race in his Formula One career. His consistency and pace throughout his career have been solid, and today were as good as ever.

Lewis Hamilton is not an easy man to replace, but today George Russell did. Today, he demonstrated that he would have what it takes to fight for championships in a Mercedes. Even if it is one he doesn't fit properly, and has not raced before...and that is quite something.

Last edited:
I’m not blind, nor a Lewis hater, far from it.
Lewis has had the best car for 7 if not 8 years out of his 14 year career, why didn’t he win a world championship after 2008 for 6 years?
Surely if he is the best driver then he would have won some of them?
No, it’s the car that enables the driver to win world championships. Nothing else.
Lewis didn't have the best car in Turkey and he destroyed the field with perfection, which is why he wins. He doesn't make mistakes. The best drivers get the best cars because they are the best drivers. It's the same for every driver who has won championships. The difference with Lewis is he is the most consistent. McLaren was a mess of a team, and if they had listened to Lewis they may have won more, but they did not and that is why he had to leave. McLaren was a poor mismanaged team.

P.S. Look at these guys who give "haha" replies but have nothing to dispute my comments. It's their hallmark and a distinguishing trait of those who seek to diminish what Hamilton has done.

Last edited:
What a race!
Russells point was made in FP1.
Gutted for him, but he proved a point, bloke at the back came become the bloke at the front in the Merc.

Most telling bit for me.
10 or so laps in, 3 secs ahead of Bottas...1st time leading F1 race...Russell comes on the radio.
"So guys, let me know when you want me to start pushing..."

He wasn't even pushing Merc in the first few laps!!

I can't imagine he was never pushing his William's to the point of crashing it every lap...

Crazy crazy F1 car the Merc...but they cocked up today and let both drivers down...

Bar the puncture he was 2nd, possibly caught Perez....hope Lewis is still 'ill' for Abu...

So nice to not have to hear
"Guyzz, my tires are shot maaan..."

Lewis didn't have the best car in Turkey and he destroyed the field with perfection, which is why he wins. He doesn't make mistakes. The best drivers get the best cars because they are the best drivers. It's the same for every driver who has won championships. The difference with Lewis is he is the most consistent. McLaren was a mess of a team, and if they had listened to Lewis they may have won more, but they did not and that is why he had to leave. McLaren was a poorly mismanaged team.

No it rained, the Merc advantage in the wet in cut back...then it dried out and the advantage came back to him/them... wow...not hard to work out really is it?

Lewis didn't have the best car in Turkey and he destroyed the field with perfection, which is why he wins. He doesn't make mistakes. The best drivers get the best cars because they are the best drivers. It's the same for every driver who has won championships. The difference with Lewis is he is the most consistent. McLaren was a mess of a team, and if they had listened to Lewis they may have won more, but they did not and that is why he had to leave. McLaren was a poorly mismanaged team.

Well Mr Zuneguy if...there is competition you are right

Last edited:
The hell is wrong with Brundle?
Every time there is an incident, he is quick to blame the driver who is not the crowd favorite.
Look at that first lap incident.
That was always going to be the result based on where Charles was on turn in.
It had nothing to do with Sergio leaving room or turning in.
He was in the right place if you look at his trajectory behind Bottas.
Why the heck should Sergio go off track and possibly risk a penalty during re-join.
Charles could have braked earlier, since he was already out of position for the corner.
He was always going to end up wide at corner exit.
Martin's bias is becoming extremely annoying and difficult to listen to.
Max...and to some extent Sergio, were the only real victims in that shemozzle.
Charles was being overly optimistic on heavy fuel and should have anticipated the resulting understeer and contact.
He was going for a gap while out of position for the corner.
End of story.

Last edited:
I don’t think Russell’s performance automatically means that Hamilton is not a worthy champion. He has shown in the past that he’s one of the greatest of all time.

Russell confirmed today that he’s a super talent, maybe the most promising young driver since Verstappen, something that was quite clear ever since he started outdriving his teammates at Williams.

This weekend also showed that Bottas is lucky to be in a Mercedes, when in reality, he should be driving a Haas or an Alfa Romeo.

Russell for me, simply as he got his best ever F1 result today but it's still disappointing as he should of won it were it not for Merc being stupid.
Latifi can look back over this year and see how close he was to Russell and work out how much further up the field he'd be in the Merc....
Every driver knows they could be better off in the Merc.

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment Sakhir Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

It was not difficult to predict that today's inaugural Sakhir Grand Prix on the Outer Track was going to be chaotic, but I don't think anyone will have expected quite as much chaos as this. We saw lap one accidents, pit stop madness, overtakes galore and a new Formula One race winner. We even got to enjoy seeing a new face on the podium alongside them.

On a day which saw Russell, Fittipaldi and Aitken all race in cars they did not expect to last week, all three deserve credit for completing the race distance and giving good accounts of themselves. This, plus the extraordinary comeback from our race winner makes it very difficult to pick a driver of the day.

It is very difficult to pick a race winner on a day when so many gave such a good account of themselves. George Russell made a stellar Mercedes debut, and he did not put a foot wrong. Meanwhile to see someone come from the back of the field to take their maiden victory is something to behold. It sometimes feels unfair that there can only be one.

Let us know who you think deserves to be Driver of the Day, after what truly has to be amongst the most chaotic Grand Prix of all time.

Awful track, but Peres driver today.
Should not be out of F1.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 173 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 57 28.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 71 35.9%