Alright when was that again.....?

It gets on people's nerve and is totally unnecessary. I'm starting to really dislike the person, even when the pilot is a genius.
It gets on your nerves. You can't assume everyone thinks the same as you. I can accept that driving an F1 car is hard no matter where you are on the grid. I'm sure the guys in last drive as hard as they can too. All Hamilton can do is his best, it's not really his fault the other cars aren't able to keep up with Mercedes.

Talking to my mother she said that the Winds of change are blowing in F1. Meaning the driver's standings is making way for talent. Here is a chart to explain it. 4th Place to my shock was Albon followed by some young talent that i consider rookies. They are in the 2nd season but they are still new to the sport. And Ricciardo at the bottom with Ocon. You would think the Renault drivers would be further up. And Vettel for obvious reasons is out of the picture. I cant remember seeing the Scuderia Ferrari so far back as they where in the Belgian GP.
Screenshot from 2020-08-31 07-33-58.png

It gets on your nerves. You can't assume everyone thinks the same as you. I can accept that driving an F1 car is hard no matter where you are on the grid. I'm sure the guys in last drive as hard as they can too. All Hamilton can do is his best, it's not really his fault the other cars aren't able to keep up with Mercedes.
I'm not the only one, others have expressed similar feelings.

We all saw Hamilton when he does his best. But yesterday and most of races in last 7 years wasn't he doing his best. It was him doing "his best needed in situation", which is far from "giving your best". And that best can't kill tyres and engine, otherwise his "real best" wouldn't be possible in that car. ;)

The fia must change the rules years ago...like the history in f1 also like the era of redbull they change the rules after four years domination for now x 7 years mercedes rocketship... and sure the briljant Lewis... not his car:whistling: people want to see real fights. Simple change the rules, next year is year eight for sure next wdc Lewis again. How easy is it whitout any competition.

Reactions: F_B
Oh, yeah, totally agree. Lewis is supremely talented and, whether you agree with his political stances or not, I really do believe his heart is in the right place.

That said...

Man, he really gets on my nerves. He always has. Something about his demeanor really grates on me.

I think the reason he gets on my nerves (and yours) is that whatever he opens his mouth, it always sounds rehearsed. He seems excessively P.R.-conscious. It's too bad, in a way, because like you, I think his heart is the right place, but I always get the feeling that we never get to see the real person behind the public persona. That's why so many people like Raikonnen: he doesn't give a damn about what people think of him. Or Norris, who has this "goofy teenager" attitude that I personally find very refreshing.

He just used DRS on a straight, how the hell was that nice?

And Bottas is a major disappointment, he's one of the reasons why merc dominance is so god damn boring, since he's probably one of the worst drivers in terms of racecraft on the grid.

I think Bottas is the perfect driver for Mercedes now, because they can count on him to bring home the car in 2nd place behind Lewis and get a win or two every season, when Lewis has an off day. He's the perfect #2 driver. If someone like Verstappen was in the other car, that would lead to internal conflicts and this is something most teams want to avoid. The last time Hamilton had someone on his level as a teammate, it was Alonso and we all know what happened.

I think the reason he gets on my nerves (and yours) is that whatever he opens his mouth, it always sounds rehearsed. He seems excessively P.R.-conscious. It's too bad, in a way, because like you, I think his heart is the right place, but I always get the feeling that we never get to see the real person behind the public persona. That's why so many people like Raikonnen: he doesn't give a damn about what people think of him. Or Norris, who has this "goofy teenager" attitude that I personally find very refreshing.

You mis Max Verstappen if anyone say what he think it is Max.... Ferrari gate

They all play a role in front of the media. You just don't like Hamilton's. Personally I prefer his public persona over the "suck my balls" "sex is the champion's breakfast" "GP2 engine" or "I was having a ****" attitudes, but to each his own.

I'm not the only one, others have expressed similar feelings.
That still means that some people have expressed those feelings, whereas your original post makes it sound like a universally held belief.

The fia must change the rules years ago...
They are changing the rules. Mercedes will probably be able to engineer themselves around those rule changes too. The bottom line is Mercedes is winning F1, they aren't doing anything wrong, it's not their fault they make the best car, or Hamiltons fault that he's the one that earned that seat.

I think the reason he gets on my nerves (and yours) is that whatever he opens his mouth, it always sounds rehearsed. He seems excessively P.R.-conscious.
He's made some blunders over the years and he's gotten massive backlash over it. Didn't he say something to his nephew about something being for girls and got lambasted for it? It only takes a few events like that for someone to decide that they need to be very careful about what they say publicly, especially if everything he says is held to a higher account and peoples jobs are on the line if he says the wrong thing. Kimi says next to nothing in public, yet he's a hero for it. I think if anything Hamilton has come out of his shell over the years. I got the impression he was the quiet boy at the back of the class that never said anything for most of his career. He is about as reserved as any of the other drivers, bar the young guys that have been brought up on social media.

That still means that some people have expressed those feelings, whereas your original post makes it sound like a universally held belief.

They are changing the rules. Mercedes will probably be able to engineer themselves around those rule changes too. The bottom line is Mercedes is winning F1, they aren't doing anything wrong, it's not their fault they make the best car, or Hamiltons fault that he's the one that earned that seat.

He's made some blunders over the years and he's gotten massive backlash over it. Didn't he say something to his nephew about something being for girls and got lambasted for it? It only takes a few events like that for someone to decide that they need to be very careful about what they say publicly, especially if everything he says is held to a higher account and peoples jobs are on the line if he says the wrong thing. Kimi says next to nothing in public, yet he's a hero for it. I think if anything Hamilton has come out of his shell over the years. I got the impression he was the quiet boy at the back of the class that never said anything for most of his career. He is about as reserved as any of the other drivers, bar the young guys that have been brought up on social media.

So when they change the rules? You must read my post if you if you comment on the content.

How simple is it to change the rules after so manny years of domination and why are you so sure that mercedes can handle the new rules if they come?
People losse intrest in this sport so simple is it. No fans no monney end of F1. And why the das system on the merc for sure it is a extra benefit after the party modebfor Mercedes. The Fia do nothing to make the sport more competive... what I say before in redbull domination after 4 years... they change the rules. Why we look every year to the same winning team? I was hope for a fight this year with Lecler, Max and Lewis. Sad for this sport.

Last edited:
But do you only lose interest because it's not Verstappen winning year after year? Are you telling me that you would be bored if it was your driver at the front all the time?

I agree that it is now quite boring to watch, but someone always dominates F1.

So when they change the rules? You must read my post if you if you comment on the content.
They've changed the wing rules amongst other things, and they have more rule changes coming. But they can't make up rules specifically to hurt Mercedes (although they are going to change engine modes), they are trying to stop the negative effect of following in a cars aero wake. Anything they do to try and hurt Mercedes would end up hurting the other teams too.

And why the das system on the merc for sure it is a extra benefit after the party modebfor Mercedes.
Because there was no rule for it. Teams bring in new ideas that are within the rules, it's up to the regulators to decide if they want to ban it. That's how it's always worked in F1. The system is probably within the ability of teams to copy if they want to spend their resources that way.

The Fia do nothing to make the sport more competive...
They do. But you have to bare in mind that any time they change a rule it costs all the teams money and in general it's the smaller teams that suffer the most with rule changes because they are the ones least able to afford to come up with a solution. Big teams like Mercedes can take that financial hit.

It is likely that if they change the rules to try and undermine the Mercedes advantage, Mercedes will be the team most capable of engineering a way around the problem and maintaining their advantage. Mercedes is a juggernaut of a company, they have resources the other teams can only dream of. The only way to make F1 fair is to put everyone in the same car, but then you don't have the development side of F1.

F1 is a victim of modern science. We're just too good at dealing with engineering problems these days. As long as teams have to develop the fastest car they can, engineering talent and money will win the day. It's inherently unfair and always has been.

So?
That doesn't make any difference as I never said it was universally acclaimed (basically almost nothing is).

Does it hurt you personally or something that some people have had it with his theatrical behaviour? First it was veganism, now it's his kneeling down, and over the past few years the driver (!), not the person has nagged about tyres and engine, and power and what not else, to come first anyway.

What's the point? Do you really need all that attention? You'd think being 7x world champion would have been enough to strike one's ego.

But do you only lose interest because it's not Verstappen winning year after year? Are you telling me that you would be bored if it was your driver at the front all the time?

I agree that it is now quite boring to watch, but someone always dominates F1.

don't you think 7 years is enough?

yes i am losing interest in this sport. yes I love Max ... but I also love Le Clerc I think if they have a good car with horsepower like the mercedes he can become world champion and charles too, anyway nice fights in the front. everyone watches television for that, once the mc laren was the dominant car in 1988 for 1 year .... they won all races except for monza, there was much more turnover then. give Lewis in advance but the wdc cup for 2020 and 2021 what is the use of holding a world champion this way changing the rules should have happened much earlier

The fia must change the rules years ago...like the history in f1 also like the era of redbull they change the rules after four years domination for now x 7 years mercedes rocketship... and sure the briljant Lewis... not his car:whistling: people want to see real fights. Simple change the rules, next year is year eight for sure next wdc Lewis again. How easy is it whitout any competition.
I agree, but the question is, which regulation change would hurt the Mercs?

I agree, but the question is, which regulation change would hurt the Mercs?

No hybrid engine v10 is better love it merc is to dominated in the hybrid
No party mode.... but they change it on Monza god thanks ( why fia wait so long xxxxx poles in all the years)
Stop the das system.
And why wants specialy mercedes no reversed grid

In general
Give the drivers... good tires, not tires to manage it for 42 of the 48 laps... let all the drivers more racing. Now we see a whole races everyone managing tires.

Formula 1 can be so beautiful, especially with all those young talents. Max, Charles, Norris, Russel ... but every week we watch a Mercedes pre-win. really a missed opportunity. how long will people continue to watch Fia F1.

there is no entertainment and every year special races are less and less.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea