Alright when was that again.....?

Oh, and having someone who locks the OUTSIDE wheel and crashes on the warm up lap as the #1 driver really is something that generally describes present times marvellously. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Aramco featuring so heavily as the title sponsor must be because it is Saudi Arabia's state-sponsored oil company and that they're desperate to somehow stay relevant in a world that's rapidly moving to EVs and sustainable energy sources. Remember the recent period where the oil prices dropped so much that Saudi Arabia was in real danger of running out of money? I bet they do too and hence they're going to face some very difficult years this decade as they try to reinvent themselves and move into the 21st century brave new world where their product is no longer as much in demand as it used to be.

Just as a correction of the last sentence: Their product is more and more in demand - although I admit that the opposite story is told again and again. We only can guess, why. Sources:
https://www.worldometers.info/oil/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/271823/daily-global-crude-oil-demand-since-2006/

I hear it all the time that if only Max was in the Merc, And Max saying that Ham has only won what he's won because of the car, (Expect to see Max at Williams next year then).
But I also remember the great saying that 'Rain is the great leveller' , So how dose Max explain away last weeks qualifying.

I hear it all the time that if only Max was in the Merc, And Max saying that Ham has only won what he's won because of the car, (Expect to see Max at Williams next year then).
But I also remember the great saying that 'Rain is the great leveller' , So how dose Max explain away last weeks qualifying.
Let's just ignore the difficult car Max is currently driving shall we. then we can continue worshipping our hero.

How do you explain 2e with a so so car?

Are you serious? Because the Mercedes is such a balanced and fast car. Red Bull have serious balance issues. At least at Austria and also in the P and Q at Hungary. The car had a very difficult time at the Q at the wet track surface. You could see onboard how Verstappen is fighting the car, while Hamilton did not have to do that. Even in the dry, the Mercedes was faster in every sector. It was a miracle that the Red Bull was behaving that balanced when the race started @ Hungary. Verstappen could only qualify at P7.

Just check how fast RP is all in a sudden, because of the Mercedes parts. It is Stroll, the same driver. But the car.. same with Bottas. He is not a top fast driver, he just drive a Mercedes.

It would be very interesting to see Hamilton and Verstappen driving the same car. It will be specteculair. But I think Verstappen will end up better and beating Hamilton. Mercedes will never dare to even think about this driver combo.

Last edited:
I just get a bit confused, Or maybe I'm easily confused, But are we saying that if Max was offered a Merc drive he would turn it down, If he won the Championship in a Merc would he not consider it a proper title because he won it in a Superior car, Will he only consider himself or someone else a great driver because they won in a Red Bull soap box.
For Max to say what he says is disingenuous to all the great driver before who have won in superior cars.
And please, Stop all this poor old Max in he's car that's really difficult drive, Oh it don't this, And it don't do that, He's driving a Red Bull Formula 1 car for crying out loud, Not a Robin Reliant with a one cylinder Briggs and Stratton and a pack of AAA batteries in the back, None of us know what that car is like to drive, I do know it was so bad he could only muster a 2nd, But was that because the car is really really bad and that's the best this genius could return, Or was that because the car is nowhere near as bad as he likes to make out, And that's the best he could return, Who's to know.
Some can't bring themselves to call Ham a great driver because he puts a superior at the front were a superior car should be race after race, But would be more than happy to call him or anyone else poor drivers if they were to put a superior car mid grid race after race.
And I would rather see Max in a Williams, A true British F1 team.

I just get a bit confused, Or maybe I'm easily confused, But are we saying that if Max was offered a Merc drive he would turn it down, If he won the Championship in a Merc would he not consider it a proper title because he won it in a Superior car, Will he only consider himself or someone else a great driver because they won in a Red Bull soap box.
For Max to say what he says is disingenuous to all the great driver before who have won in superior cars.
And please, Stop all this poor old Max in he's car that's really difficult drive, Oh it don't this, And it don't do that, He's driving a Red Bull Formula 1 car for crying out loud, Not a Robin Reliant with a one cylinder Briggs and Stratton and a pack of AAA batteries in the back, None of us know what that car is like to drive, I do know it was so bad he could only muster a 2nd, But was that because the car is really really bad and that's the best this genius could return, Or was that because the car is nowhere near as bad as he likes to make out, And that's the best he could return, Who's to know.
Some can't bring themselves to call Ham a great driver because he puts a superior at the front were a superior car should be race after race, But would be more than happy to call him or anyone else poor drivers if they were to put a superior car mid grid race after race.
Aha so that’s it, For me you can be pro Brits, no problem atall, why can‘t we then be pro Dutch, and get only negative respons?
That’s where it’s all about, arggggggggggg:(
ps. How do you know RB is easy to drive, where did you find that?

Sure I can see some positives in your post, but mostly you can't see clear to how the situation actually is.
1) Mercedes is just a (much) faster car at the moment. As they were pretty much always last years. At this stage, even in every corner. Red Bull can't make up lost time at any corner.
2) Red Bull was / is mostly a well balanced car. But just this year not yet. As we are talking about the wet @ Autria, the car did have issues. Even when the Red Bull would be balanced, the Mercedes will still be faster, because their complete package is faster. As their power unit is more powerfull and reliable.
Not even talking about regulations that favors Mercedes last years. Like the tyre compounds changed, because Mercedes have issues with warming them.

Short story, you are exaggerating at this particular post.

Here's a bloke with a Ferrari badge for a profile pic (and a short memory, perhaps) asking a very interesting statement.

FIA will "let" a team dominate as long as that team is able to dominate, given the same rules apply to all. Or maybe you would like them to tailor a set of rules specifically for Mercedes to abide by, so that your favorite team can catch up? Would you really ask the same question if it was that team dominating? Are you losing interest in F1 by any chance? :)

If not, props to you. It means that you're interested in the sport. ;)

Totally missed the other posts I made?

Huh.

Enjoy one team dominate this season and next.

Want to know who will win 95% of the rest of race this season....

The same thing that has been happening since 2014.

Look, let me say, I do rate Hamilton's driving ability along with Max, Ricciardo, Vettel and Alonso (almost) but I don't rate all the wins and Championships that he has achieved in his pusruit of adulation and records along the way. I rate his championships (in Merc) alongside those of Vettel at RB, and, luckier than Vettel, his car/team has been dominant for longer and will continue. As for rating him alongside the likes of Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, Stewart etc, that is impossible to compare because in those days the tracks and cars required a lot of bravery as a component of lap time. However, I certainly don't rate his Ch'ships along with those greats of the past, like I said, more akin to Vettel's.
I must admit though, I'm really tiring of the BLM and 'taking the knee' thing. For a driver that used to socially distance himself from the other drivers on the parade bus, to now put peer pressure on them to kneel, is a no-no for me. The F1 message is 'End racism' and 'weraceasone'.. the drivers respecting that by wearing the black tee-shirts is perfectly adequate and would send the desired cohesive message.
As for Merc's stance on BLM, I can't honestly say I know whether that's genuine or opportunistic marketing.

I tend to be of the opinion that your avatar makes this post somewhat unintentionally hilarious.

So it's only OK if Ferrari is the team that dominates like it did with Jean Todt, Rory Byrne and Ross Brawn in the early aughts or what? What about the 4 years where RBR won back to back titles with Vettel?

Teams are usually on top for a reason. In this case, it would appear that Mercedes simply has a better team, engineering and management culture at Brackley and Brixworth than what Ferrari can muster at Maranello or Red Bull and Honda can muster in Milton Keynes and Sakura. Why is that a problem? Mercedes are working tirelessly to improve; isn't that what sport should be about? It's much harder to stay at the top than reach it as far as I can tell.

Look at the range of people formerly at Ferrari who are/were helping guide Mercedes and other brands to success (Aldo Costa, James Allison, Lorenzo Sassi and Giacomo Tortorra, who are now all helping make Mercedes win and Stefano Domenicali who has made the Lamborghini brand feel fresh, exciting and innovative again).

And before you accuse me of being a Mercedes fan, I will note that I support Williams and McLaren first and foremost.

Not quite the same level of dominance for either Ferrari or Red Bull, Mercs have had five 1-2 WDC finishes in the past 7 years, No team has dominated to this level in recent decades. (I'd say "ever" but I've only personally checked back to mid 80's).

You're right in saying that Merc are just doing the better job, but for anyone who is not a Hamilton fan it's boring as hell, the last full year I watched was 2014, sparodic in 15, havn't watched any F1 race in '16, '17, '18, '19, '20.

Although that's not all Mercs fault as I was going off F1 since the over reliance on Downforce, killed overtaking and only "fixed" with artificial aids like KERS and DRS.

Plus I prefer two wheeled racing F1 has a LONG way to go to match that for excitement/danger. Just imagine if Hamilton had done what Marquez did?!! Even "boring" WSB (not that I mind being a Kwaka fan!) had an awesome comeback year last year (and has had a couple like that, notably Bayiss/Edwards).

Bottas couldn't even beat a RBR today with that absurd Merc. It wouldn't be too bad if Hamilton's team mate was someone like Max or Leclerc, but god damn Bottas does make it really boring to watch.

It wasnt Bottas fault he was called for unnecessary extra pit stop when he was about to get past Crashtappen. Mercedes decided to play safe and keep the 3rd place because they have reasons to be confident on the title. Crashtappen survives thanks to his fans. In my opinion he should have been kicked out of F1 a long time ago.

Hamilton. The "best driver of the day" is the guy who wins. Don't care if he has the best car. Having the best car means expectations every time you step out in the track. Constant pressure. Coming in second in the second best car after running into a wall ? Not impressive. Coming in 8th after starting 17th ? Whoopty Doo.

Latifi gets my second vote for " driver of the day". Reverse expectations. He has to drive knowing his car is weak, and every "never driven a car in anger" person in the peanut gallery is questioning how he has a seat in F1. Major pressure. The rest of them are just window dressing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back