Alright when was that again.....?

Can someone tell me what is the issue with Haas penalties? Which words are problem? I heard Grosjean telling the team, in turn 5 and later in sector 2, that track dried a lot. And then at the end of sector 2 team said to pit. Is that “pit now” considered driving aid? Or I’m missing something...

It wasnt Bottas fault he was called for unnecessary extra pit stop when he was about to get past Crashtappen. Mercedes decided to play safe and keep the 3rd place because they have reasons to be confident on the title. Crashtappen survives thanks to his fans. In my opinion he should have been kicked out of F1 a long time ago.
I don't agree with you, but that's beside the point because as long as you keep calling him crashstappen I can't take you serious

Of only some people would behave like adults, it would be easier to have a normal discussion. It always comes down to the same guys hating on either Hamilton, Verstappen, Mercedes, Ferrari and RB, completely blind to see the positives that these drivers and teams are showing. Its just blind hate shown by some on here. I wish the moderators on here would step up to this kind of behaviour

Of only some people would behave like adults, it would be easier to have a normal discussion. It always comes down to the same guys hating on either Hamilton, Verstappen, Mercedes, Ferrari and RB, completely blind to see the positives that these drivers and teams are showing. Its just blind hate shown by some on here. I wish the moderators on here would step up to this kind of behaviour
Any F1 thread in any forum is the same, and it's worse for moto GP. An ignore list works as well as a heavy-handed moderator :D

very true, some overhere make it a sport to irritate others, it’s getting very frustrating, those know I ‘am talking about them.

Hamilton. The "best driver of the day" is the guy who wins. Don't care if he has the best car. Having the best car means expectations every time you step out in the track. Constant pressure. Coming in second in the second best car after running into a wall ? Not impressive. Coming in 8th after starting 17th ? Whoopty Doo.

Latifi gets my second vote for " driver of the day". Reverse expectations. He has to drive knowing his car is weak, and every "never driven a car in anger" person in the peanut gallery is questioning how he has a seat in F1. Major pressure. The rest of them are just window dressing.

Most people don't think that. Or else he would have won the Driver of the Day trophy. Even the poll on this website he won.

Last edited:
Just seen highlights of the MotoGp at Jerez.. my god, if only F1 was as exciting! Such a shame that MotoGP doesn't get the same exposure as F1 because many would realise how tame and boring F1 is.
I guess one of the reasons is that Marquez isn't a brit.
Google youtube MotoGP Jerez, you'll understand.

Last edited:
The world of Formula One is a fascinating place, however the racing can often leave a lot to be desired - so how do we improve the show, without compromising the spirit of motorsport?

I've already shared my opinion on how I believe Formula One could be vastly improved, but just this morning I had a moment of inspiration about how one could really spice up the show without compromising the nature of the sport and not having to dramatically change the cars. Hear me out for a second if you will...

Formula One weekend formats traditionally go like this: 90 minutes untimed FP1, 90 minutes untimed FP2, 60 minutes untimed FP3, 60 minutes qualifying to decide the fastest teams and drivers that determines the starting order, then the race.

Now think about this - we run Formula One cars and their drivers for 240 minutes practice in a weekend to fine tune the cars, then have a 60 minute session to determine who is the the fastest driver that then starts at the front of the grid, with the slowest driver at the back - and we wonder why no overtaking happens during the race itself.

So, here's my plan.

FP1 remains at 90 minutes, but is only open to 1 car per team, and it must be used by a driver who isn't in the race (youngster / test driver etc). - held on Saturday morning.

FP2 remains at 90 minutes, for the race drivers - held on Saturday afternoon.

FP3 removed.

Nothing too spectacular in that suggestion, but here comes the bit I absolutely love... qualifying.

In order to set the grid for the race, on Sunday morning the 20 odd Formula One drivers should take part in a 30 minute session, in identical spec series cars that are changed at each race weekend (something local or whatever - a touring car, a GT, a Formula car, junior spec tin top - whatever). The fastest driver in the session is then awarded pole for the F1 race - putting the emphasis back on the speed of the actual driver, and not the cars, and thus giving opportunities for drivers outside the top teams to really show the world their natural pace, and mixing up the grid for the race itself.

I was tempted to suggest the qualifying should also include a qualification race that sets the F1 grid (still in the spec cars), but throwing a racing scenario into the mix, although highly entertaining, is probably a bridge too far in terms of variables, so let's stick with a qualification session only for now...

What do you think? Discuss!

F1 header.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back