Alright when was that again.....?

My head said Valtteri, but my heart said Lando - voted for Valtteri for a flawless drive under pressure, but was so happy for Lando. Well done that lad! :thumbsup:

I heard a lot of comments saying that Vettel had completely lost the plot, but I honestly think that he was having to over-drive the car in an attempt to keep up, forcing him into unnecessary mistakes.

Hamilton should keep his politics to himself and focus more on his driving :unsure:

Lando wonderful under pressure, what a last lap!

Bad move from Lewis, and I will always say that 5 seconds is too little for a penalty.

And... what a race. So much excitement. Even if Merc proved they are 1s faster than everyone on race pace, this is going to be a great season.

And now... let's do it again next week!
Please, a genuine question, not trying to bait anyone. Lando's pass on Perez in turn 2 towards the end. Opinions? Dive bomb or great move?

I believe the move by Hamilton was a deliberate choice.
It's unfair towards Albon and he gets royally screwed, but from Ham's perspective, it was the best choice to make.
If you look at the feed from Ham's perspective, the point where he needs to let off the throttle to give Albon room, he'd ruin his corner exit. Considering this was just after a safety car ended, he would probably be passed by a few more cars, so the choice from his perspective was understandable.
In my opinion, it was similar to Vettel's penalty in Canada last year. Also 5 seconds, so the penalty given seems consistent to me.
Hamilton in Canada was lucky enough to keep it together on the grass. I don't know if Albon could've avoided the collision by going wide off track.

I believe the move by Hamilton was a deliberate choice.
It's unfair towards Albon and he gets royally screwed, but from Ham's perspective, it was the best choice to make.
If you look at the feed from Ham's perspective, the point where he needs to let off the throttle to give Albon room, he'd ruin his corner exit. Considering this was just after a safety car ended, he would probably be passed by a few more cars, so the choice from his perspective was understandable.
In my opinion, it was similar to Vettel's penalty in Canada last year. Also 5 seconds, so the penalty given seems consistent to me.
Hamilton in Canada was lucky enough to keep it together on the grass. I don't know if Albon could've avoided the collision by going wide off track.
I hate penalties. Penalties should only go to the most obvious infractions. This was not one of them. Most likely, a 6 time world champion didn't want this little kid to embarrass him so he took him out. We will never know for sure unless Hamilton admits it. If a serious penalty is issued, they should sit the driver and not give time penalties. Make him come into the pits and watch the race in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

He left the door wide open, same as Leclerc to Max last year. Lando came from very far back but he made the corner without running wide so I don't see it like dive bomb. For me it is great move. :thumbsup:
I agree. Perez did not defend adequately, probably misjudging whether Lando could make that move properly and deciding he could stay on the racing line instead of needing to defend.

Vettel up to his brilliant old tricks from the last couple of years again, he is a choker big time nowadays. It is pretty obvious why Ferrari didn't offer him a new contract, he is not worth the money they pay him.

My head said Valtteri, but my heart said Lando - voted for Valtteri for a flawless drive under pressure, but was so happy for Lando. Well done that lad! :thumbsup:

I heard a lot of comments saying that Vettel had completely lost the plot, but I honestly think that he was having to over-drive the car in an attempt to keep up, forcing him into unnecessary mistakes.

Hamilton should keep his politics to himself and focus more on his driving :unsure:

If I'm honest I think Vettel reacted quickly to Carlos leaving a gap and good job on him for avoiding putting Carlos out of the race -- with that big a gap (where Carlos was on the outside at first), ANY racing driver worth his salt would've had a look up the inside.

I mean, how could you have known that Carlos would back out of it and go for the inside instead?

It could have been a lot worse if Vettel hadn't reacted as quickly as he did to Carlos suddenly making the switch to the inside.

Vettel up to his brilliant old tricks from the last couple of years again, he is a choker big time nowadays. It is pretty obvious why Ferrari didn't offer him a new contract, he is not worth the money they pay him.

I tend to agree. I didn't rate him too much (compared to someone like Alonso for example) when he was dominating in the Red Bull days. I suspected it was the car more than him (pretty much how F1 is though to be honest). It is clear he is not very good at 'mixing it' without making too many errors. I used to hate him in his Red Bull days, but I quite like him now. He isn't obsessed with social media, selfies and ego etc, just a down to earth family man it seems.

Exciting race, with one guaranteed outcome Lewis vs Bottas.
Credit where it is due Mercedes have a formidable package, albeit getting a bit long in the tooth. It's akin with racing online and the driver quicker than you often has the better nack of getting a perfect setup

I don't Understand this exceeding track limits rule. If you chop a turn on the inside line like Seb at Montreal then you are taking a shorter line and cutting track distance. But drifting wide like they where all doing on the final turn is making the track wider. And going the long way round, A car hooked up will do this to some extent. The racing line just pushes you out there. Not that any one got a penalty for putting 2 tires over curb. Make a rule and enforce it every event, Or where is the consistency (Watch Senna movie for that Ron Dennis quote)

I tend to agree. I didn't rate him too much (compared to someone like Alonso for example) when he was dominating in the Red Bull days. I suspected it was the car more than him (pretty much how F1 is though to be honest). It is clear he is not very good at 'mixing it' without making too many errors. I used to hate him in his Red Bull days, but I quite like him now. He isn't obsessed with social media, selfies and ego etc, just a down to earth family man it seems.
He is a good driver, past his prime for F1. He just has to go and do something else. There is a lot of young talent putting pressure on him.

It gives better contact patch grip for braking. So the car dose not rattle abruptly after a long 200 mph straight. But it seems a waist of money as the system will be band with next years new airo package. Meaning rivals wont copy it. It is legal just other teams don't like it as most can not afford to develop it. And with a limited season of 8 to 10 races why bother. The salary cap will eat the big 3 alive so this is their last shot. AMG-Mercedes will fall backwards or field will catch up in 2021.

He is a good driver, past his prime for F1. He just has to go and do something else. There is a lot of young talent putting pressure on him.

I agree. I see Vettel similar to Valentino Rossi. Massive talents that still have racing chops, but have likely seen their prime accomplishments in the past. The thing that makes it tough For them is they are still faster than 99.9% of people on the planet - but the younger talent is catching/surpassing them. I’m sure that’s hard to swallow when you still have drive, focus and a fierce competitive nature. Must be a kick in the nuts, when passing 30 years of age is “getting old...”

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.