Alright when was that again.....?

Bottas in mask looks like Ninja, and without mask he looks like Franco Nero (youngsters doesn't get it).

Attachments

• Ninja Bottas.JPG
    Ninja Bottas.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Ninja.jpg
    Ninja.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 89
I am a bit surprised the guy in the garage is giving driving instructions.

Lando's engineer only gave him instructions for where his available engine modes with extra electric energy and extra fuel consumption would be the most beneficial? It was still up to Lando to make it work and actually drive the car...

I voted Lando because he kept a cool head all through the race despite being under plenty of pressure from behind and because it was so awesome to see him nick the fastest lap at the end and get on the podium as a result.

LeClerc obviously did well to finish as high up as he did and it was a close call between him and Lando for me.

Hats off to Bottas who absorbed absolutely HUGE pressure from Hamilton in the latter part of the race whilst having to drive around the gearbox issue (which was worse than on Hamilton's car) for at least half the race. Bottas had the fastest car and track position, so he was pretty much expected to win as Hamilton stated that you'd need a 0.8s a lap advantage to overtake the car in front.

I should note that I don't have access to detailed timing, so I don't have a clear picture of LeClerc's race pace vs. Lando. I just know that Charles started behind Lando and that Ferrari is supposed to have better race pace than qualifying pace...

It changes the toe angle primarily, the temps less so. Changing toe to dead straight instead of the usual toe out decreases tire temps down the straight ever so slightly, but more important removes tire drag and wear on the inside of the tire caused by toe out. Its a win win situation obviously and a grey area the FIA hadnt specifically outlawed (until 2021), so its legal. Redbull's protest was a desperate try they probably knew would be rejected (quickly as it turned out).
I still don’t understand how can that be gray area. In open-wheel cars tyres are part of aero and no movable aero parts (impacting drag) are allowed except drs. Seams clear to me.
Also seams there was gray area about engine which was fixed in the middle of the season and not delayed for next season. Good engineering work, congrats on that, but there was enough time to change that for this season as car can still safely function without using it.

Actually has nothing to do with aero. In the rules the steering system must only be used to actually steer the car, Redbull argues DAS is part of the steering, thus illegal. Merc argues its part of the suspension, thus legal. Both are in part correct and both incorrect, depending on how you see it. In order to know the truth, we'd need to see the schematics of the system, but only Merc and FIA will ever see that. I have my theory on how it works (fairly simple), but nothing to back it up.
One thing is for sure, it works. Its dead simple car physics and I'm actually surprised noone thought of it before. It does however take some clever engineering to pull off, so hats off to the ever impressive 'germa-neering'.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea